Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-03-17] ValueWalk‎: Winklevoss Twins: Bitcoin Will “Wipe Out” Cash By 2025  (Read 1275 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1567

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 09:44:22 PM

Winklevoss Twins: Bitcoin Will “Wipe Out” Cash By 2025

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/03/winklevoss-bitcoin-prediction/

In today’s not the onion….. Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss have predicted that we will be living in a “cashless society” in ten years, by which time Bitcoin will have asserted its supremacy. The former Olympic rowers are most famous for their legal battle with ex-Harvard classmate Mark Zuckerberg over who really owns Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB), but their new project aims to popularize Bitcoin, writes James Covert for the New York Post.

Bold predictions for success of Bitcoin

The twins believe that bitcoin will effectively end the use of cash, credit cards and other services such as PayPal. “Cash is going to be killed,” Tyler Winklevoss told the crowd at SXSW Interactive. “It will be nostalgia … You’ll tell your grandkids about the wallet, it was this thing made of leather.”

Too optimistic?

ps didn't know Winklevoss twins are former Olympic rowers... you learn something new everyday

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:04:50 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 03:43:36 AM by Chef Ramsay

We'll all be doing pretty well once their Gemini and ETF get rolling. Between now and then, I imagine the world financials will be deteriorating to the point where many more people will be looking for an alternative in their portfolio.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:17:49 AM

One certainly hopes it isn't too optimistic, but if you can wait 10 years, I'll let you know for sure.  :-)

Chef, I agree, given the issues with the value of the euro, and potential issues with the value (or devalue) of the dollar.  Then there is the renminbi which, while an alternative to the dollar and euro, is certainly nothing besides a different brand of fiat backed by thugs.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:58:08 AM

Not that long time ago the Winkles said that "BTC will NOT replace fiat currency."

Source: http://www.btcfeed.net/news/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-will-not-replace-fiat-currency/

So I would like to know why they think now crypto will replace (wipe out) fiat. This confuses me.

EDIT: Ok it just seems to be about cash money.No digital fiat.My bad. Grin
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

Too optimistic?

I think so. Cash might get phased out or diminish in use but digital fiat payments will likely rise up more than bitcoin, though I hope bitcoin's use does rise up considerably too.

ps didn't know Winklevoss twins are former Olympic rowers... you learn something new everyday

Have you not seen The Social Network?

Not that long time ago the Winkles said that "BTC will NOT replace fiat currency."

Source: http://www.btcfeed.net/news/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-will-not-replace-fiat-currency/

So I would like to know why they think now crypto will replace (wipe out) fiat. This confuses me.

EDIT: Ok it just seems to be about cash money.No digital fiat.My bad. Grin

That's what I was thinking. I never agree with people saying things like this with such certainty.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:11:15 PM

I thought these bro's where lowering their tone a bit, but I am clearly wrong here.

If they keep saying nonsense like this then I don't know how serious people will take them.

They should skip the bullshit and focus on their "Nasdaq" exchange. I always say : Action speaks louder than words.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:20:32 PM

Damn, another 10 years before it happens? I'll be old by then Sad
It doesn't seem to optimistic, though. Look at personal computer and internet expansion. 20 years maybe one out of 10 families had a computer at home and even less had access to the internet.  Now it's hard to find somebody that doesn't, at least in developed countries. Soon the same will happen with electronic money. Maybe it won't be Bitcoin, but other electronic currency, but the money of the internet will prevail.

Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:51:52 PM

Damn, another 10 years before it happens? I'll be old by then Sad
It doesn't seem to optimistic, though. Look at personal computer and internet expansion. 20 years maybe one out of 10 families had a computer at home and even less had access to the internet.  Now it's hard to find somebody that doesn't, at least in developed countries. Soon the same will happen with electronic money. Maybe it won't be Bitcoin, but other electronic currency, but the money of the internet will prevail.

I don't think the comparison with computers is valid. It's like back then saying computers will wipe out humanity within ten years. Maybe in the very distant future but not ten years. Bitcoin isn't going to wipe out cash within ten years though merchant adoption may be widespread by then.

I thought these bro's where lowering their tone a bit, but I am clearly wrong here.

If they keep saying nonsense like this then I don't know how serious people will take them.

They should skip the bullshit and focus on their "Nasdaq" exchange. I always say : Action speaks louder than words.

They're just doing what all bagholders do - hype their holdings  Cheesy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: