Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System - SHA-256  (Read 16040 times)
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

Hello syntax, I enabled the google auth, but, if I have not missed them, it did not showed me the backup codes in order to recover in case my mobile phone gets broken/lost.
Is there a way to recover the codes?

Cheers

Not at the moment, but I'll include that in the tools section in the 2FA area.

Best regards,

syntaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:29:52 PM

Do we have to convert old neo?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

Do we have to convert old neo?

Not at all - but the upgrade movies are on youtube and if you need a hand or want me to handle the upgrade for you myself I'm always available.

Upgrading on Windows - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBF4uTs3M0
Upgrading on osX - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mGVQvNjmE4
Upgrading on Linux - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNbLh3YTLdQ

Best regards,

syntaks

Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:19:39 PM

wow just read this features and just gotta say

no really.. fantastic job and thinking my friend. i had a very similar idea but i like how youve incorporated it into your wallet. just bought some neos to test out the wallet. if i like what i see ill buy more. GJ Dev!

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:24:34 PM

wow just read this features and just gotta say

no really.. fantastic job and thinking my friend. i had a very similar idea but i like how youve incorporated it into your wallet. just bought some neos to test out the wallet. if i like what i see ill buy more. GJ Dev!

Thanks a lot, there's just still much more to do yet.  Let me know if I can be of any help or there are any issues.  It's all still a work in progress and will forever be.  I can't just stop at one point and say "this is it" - there's always room for improvement.

Best regards,

syntaks

Coinler

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:26:02 PM

awesome. i can see you've been working!
any chance of adding pos2.0 to this baby? anonymity features?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:33:38 PM

We just recently put the idea of PoS on the table but we want to be sure that the community is 100% for it and that it's 100% fair.  We don't want to introduce a standard model that's beneficial only to a few.  If anything, we'd look into a DPOS model and currently it's still in the community's hands whether or not they want it.  As far as anonymization, we had a great model in place which was removed (explanation can be found here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-and-the-future/316).  We're more focused on the usability aspect and for that we just need one thing - a solid payment gateway.  The issue that comes with that is our daily volume doesn't average out currently to an acceptable minimum for most of these services so we're just waiting patiently nearby and ready to code for when that day comes.

Coinler

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:51:23 PM

We just recently put the idea of PoS on the table but we want to be sure that the community is 100% for it and that it's 100% fair.  We don't want to introduce a standard model that's beneficial only to a few.  If anything, we'd look into a DPOS model and currently it's still in the community's hands whether or not they want it.  As far as anonymization, we had a great model in place which was removed (explanation can be found here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-and-the-future/316).  We're more focused on the usability aspect and for that we just need one thing - a solid payment gateway.  The issue that comes with that is our daily volume doesn't average out currently to an acceptable minimum for most of these services so we're just waiting patiently nearby and ready to code for when that day comes.

well im not very familiar with dpos but i think id be fine with any model of pos doesnt matter.. could be anything between 5-15% per annum. just to make sure the network is fast as pos does help with faster transaction speeds and confirmation times.  and well, then there is that catch22.. that if you do implement anonymity features you will attract alot more larger investors providing greater liquidity but it may not be a preferred transaction method by merchants. perhaps you could make the anonymity optional on a per transaction basis? coins like drk and xmr thrive on the demand for anonymity features. i think it is a hallmark aspect of crypto for privacy of personal holdings. i definitely share your sentiments and reasons for developing these security features. theft has hurt bitcoin value over and over and if any coin is going to compete with bitcoin and carry steady longterm growth it will have to deal with the issue of preventing theft and providing security for it's investors.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:14:25 PM

well im not very familiar with dpos but i think id be fine with any model of pos doesnt matter.. could be anything between 5-15% per annum. just to make sure the network is fast as pos does help with faster transaction speeds and confirmation times.  and well, then there is that catch22.. that if you do implement anonymity features you will attract alot more larger investors providing greater liquidity but it may not be a preferred transaction method by merchants. perhaps you could make the anonymity optional on a per transaction basis? coins like drk and xmr thrive on the demand for anonymity features. i think it is a hallmark aspect of crypto for privacy of personal holdings. i definitely share your sentiments and reasons for developing these security features. theft has hurt bitcoin value over and over and if any coin is going to compete with bitcoin and carry steady longterm growth it will have to deal with the issue of preventing theft and providing security for it's investors.

Our system was based per-transaction (it could be turned off and on, with optional logging for your own records/proof of transaction).  The system isn't destroyed, it's just decommissioned.  If in the future privacy in crypto wasn't immediately associated with illicit activities - it could be brought back into the system.

Coinler

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:56:44 PM

Our system was based per-transaction (it could be turned off and on, with optional logging for your own records/proof of transaction).  The system isn't destroyed, it's just decommissioned.  If in the future privacy in crypto wasn't immediately associated with illicit activities - it could be brought back into the system.

i hear ya. just watching the video on your anon system and again.. it is very similar to the idea i have designed but with a few small enhancements providing greater anonymity. i suppose you can say im not afraid to provide the service that the market demands. sure anonymity may be associated with illicit activities but so is regular fiat currency as well as bitcoin. at the end of the day, im sure you could structure it in a way that allows you to assist law enforcement as an admin of the blockchain for tracking illicit activities. but as it is.. all is required i think is for the bitcoin core to adopt your technology into the wallet and who knows, that could spur on more investor confidence in bitcoin itself which may overshadow neos :\

i can see you're a great dev. but probably not the best marketing agent. as far as innovation goes this coin really should get more attention before others start copying your technology. i hope you would reconsider your stance on providing anon features. i mean at the end of the day a user could mask their system and split their transactions themselves etc. and well it doesnt matter what currency whether fiat based or crypto based. ppl will use it for illicit activities if it is convenient even without any anon features provided by the blockchain. what you want is market share and not everyone who wants anon features wants it specifically for illicit activities. to me it's just crypto at work. encryption, security and privacy. i understand your ethical pursuits however. they just may be unwarranted in a space such as cryptotrading where liquidity and high value acts to attract more investors creating higher value. but ill be looking on to see if your innovations will spur on investor support that lifts neos off the ground where it is right now. but i think u really need help in the marketing department. that would be a good start.

Coinler
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:41:40 PM

i hear ya. just watching the video on your anon system and again.. it is very similar to the idea i have designed but with a few small enhancements providing greater anonymity. i suppose you can say im not afraid to provide the service that the market demands. sure anonymity may be associated with illicit activities but so is regular fiat currency as well as bitcoin. at the end of the day, im sure you could structure it in a way that allows you to assist law enforcement as an admin of the blockchain for tracking illicit activities. but as it is.. all is required i think is for the bitcoin core to adopt your technology into the wallet and who knows, that could spur on more investor confidence in bitcoin itself which may overshadow neos :\

i can see you're a great dev. but probably not the best marketing agent. as far as innovation goes this coin really should get more attention before others start copying your technology. i hope you would reconsider your stance on providing anon features. i mean at the end of the day a user could mask their system and split their transactions themselves etc. and well it doesnt matter what currency whether fiat based or crypto based. ppl will use it for illicit activities if it is convenient even without any anon features provided by the blockchain. what you want is market share and not everyone who wants anon features wants it specifically for illicit activities. to me it's just crypto at work. encryption, security and privacy. i understand your ethical pursuits however. they just may be unwarranted in a space such as cryptotrading where liquidity and high value acts to attract more investors creating higher value. but ill be looking on to see if your innovations will spur on investor support that lifts neos off the ground where it is right now. but i think u really need help in the marketing department. that would be a good start.

Coinler

Needing help in the marketing area is an understatement.  I wish you were around several months ago we could have really used your enthusiasm for sure.  I think bluntly put it's bullshit that we're completely paired with criminal activity if we want our privacy but look at the picture that's being painted in the public eye.  I was on the phone with someone the other day who isn't even technically-inclined, let alone crypto savvy and you know what their response was when I mentioned Bitcoin?  "Oh, that stuff you use to buy drugs with and they can't trace you?  I heard about that guy."  Absolutely disgusting.  We need to clean up the graffiti that's being sprayed all over the face of crypto and not feed into this trash.

Coinler

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:32:50 AM

Needing help in the marketing area is an understatement.  I wish you were around several months ago we could have really used your enthusiasm for sure.  I think bluntly put it's bullshit that we're completely paired with criminal activity if we want our privacy but look at the picture that's being painted in the public eye.  I was on the phone with someone the other day who isn't even technically-inclined, let alone crypto savvy and you know what their response was when I mentioned Bitcoin?  "Oh, that stuff you use to buy drugs with and they can't trace you?  I heard about that guy."  Absolutely disgusting.  We need to clean up the graffiti that's being sprayed all over the face of crypto and not feed into this trash.

well look at that. ive heard those same responses before. bitcoin is stained in that regard because of the ignorance of the masses anyway and as a result so is all of crypto for the meantime. the way i see it you might as well provide the service that the majority of crypto enthusiasts go for and that will increase the value of your commodity substantially. i mean look at crave.. or even zirk about to shoot off with bare tor anonymity. sure i think you can gain some market share with these innovations. because users will surely value theft recovery and that decoy system is a total win. i had thought of it for exchanges to implement to secure their wallets back on coinex.pw. i mean anything is possible. ur trading at 2000 satoshi now, but by grabbing at greater market share that wont matter. right now id say neos is leading the pack in security with these implementations. but crypto has made it clear where they want to place large amounts of investment. and that sets the difference between trading at 2k to 50k and falling back down.. or trading at .002 - .02btc and holding stable trading value even with 20million coins. just look at litecoin.. dying. and that is something i predicted when i saw the market response to anon-tx cryptos. so just think how glad i am i sold every ounce of my litecoins at .017 before it just started flopping.

crypto enthusiasts definitely like innovative technologies, and with your talent it will be a matter of time i guess as people slowly notice your devotion and skills. but im sure that we will see some organic growth and maybe even some speculation on the market as time goes by. but the way i see it, you want to add as many technologies as possible that appeal to each investor's different type of fancy in a coin. thereby grabbing at more market share. your concern is trading value which in itself is a marketing tool. and of course can provide you with more encouragement and satisfaction from the work you do here. but i guess we can wait and see what your developments do for the market without anon implementations. i guess personally id take a different approach. a bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush. id provide what the market has already shown great interest in and let the bystanders watch as value grows exponentially until they cant take it any more and buy in. maybe it is a bit force-handed strategy. but non-crypt enthusiasts i think are the last people you want to take opinions from when you could gain possibly $1million+ dollar market cap with the investors already in crypto.

and for the record. based on the work i see ur doing. the premine is not an issue for me and i hope it wont be for anyone else. this is premium grade coding imo. and you deserve to be rewarded for your work. but just think about the market appeal with the services and technologies you already have with the added investment of those interested in special markets like POS and Anon-tx investors. i mean, that would put you in a very strong position above almost all other altcoins having carried both their technologies AND your major innovations. i hardly if ever invest in non-POS coins. this one was a first in a looong time. and i dont regret my decision either way. and i hope i dont sound like im trying to "bring you over to the dark side" lol. but from a marketing perspective, these are the markets i know that are already available to grab at. and thats one of the major rules of marketing and creating services. knowing where to find investors that want the service you will provide even before development. having an idea of how much value that market could bring to your network and determining if it is feasible based on that. so that's why i recommend these 2 options to add to your current network. because i already know the investors are there and waiting for those implementations making it a quicker route to larger market capitalization.

at the end of the day though, i could be wrong. just going on my experience and knowledge of these markets. it could well be that neos will do well even without anon or POS. but the enthusiasm expressed by crypto-investors for these technologies has been very clear. and will without a doubt, increase your community exponentially and provided greater marketing opportunity to get the word out about Neos. ill try to put together something and pm you about how we can approach marketing neos and building an economic model that investors will be interested in being a part of making neos a strong contender for merchant acceptance. the 2000 satoshi price point doesnt really matter. that can easily and with the right strategy become 10x or 100x more and with time even more. but these technologies you;ve provided i already knew were in demand. even if crypto enthusiasts themselves didnt know it yet. i was really surprised to see them all here and its like noone knew about it. i was a bit shocked to read the op and discover all these things implemented in neos and i didnt know about it until today.

give me a day or 2 and we'll see if we can tackle a marketing strategy and get some article writers on board. some translators for neos to reach various countries, more exchanges.. and of course.. direct neos usd trading. they would have to be the starting points but i think youve really got a good head on your shoulders and a well developed commodity that the crypto community can get behind.

Coinler
BitBD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Crypto Maniac

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:55:32 AM

Needing help in the marketing area is an understatement.  I wish you were around several months ago we could have really used your enthusiasm for sure.  I think bluntly put it's bullshit that we're completely paired with criminal activity if we want our privacy but look at the picture that's being painted in the public eye.  I was on the phone with someone the other day who isn't even technically-inclined, let alone crypto savvy and you know what their response was when I mentioned Bitcoin?  "Oh, that stuff you use to buy drugs with and they can't trace you?  I heard about that guy."  Absolutely disgusting.  We need to clean up the graffiti that's being sprayed all over the face of crypto and not feed into this trash.

well look at that. ive heard those same responses before. bitcoin is stained in that regard because of the ignorance of the masses anyway and as a result so is all of crypto for the meantime. the way i see it you might as well provide the service that the majority of crypto enthusiasts go for and that will increase the value of your commodity substantially. i mean look at crave.. or even zirk about to shoot off with bare tor anonymity. sure i think you can gain some market share with these innovations. because users will surely value theft recovery and that decoy system is a total win. i had thought of it for exchanges to implement to secure their wallets back on coinex.pw. i mean anything is possible. ur trading at 2000 satoshi now, but by grabbing at greater market share that wont matter. right now id say neos is leading the pack in security with these implementations. but crypto has made it clear where they want to place large amounts of investment. and that sets the difference between trading at 2k to 50k and falling back down.. or trading at .002 - .02btc and holding stable trading value even with 20million coins. just look at litecoin.. dying. and that is something i predicted when i saw the market response to anon-tx cryptos. so just think how glad i am i sold every ounce of my litecoins at .017 before it just started flopping.

crypto enthusiasts definitely like innovative technologies, and with your talent it will be a matter of time i guess as people slowly notice your devotion and skills. but im sure that we will see some organic growth and maybe even some speculation on the market as time goes by. but the way i see it, you want to add as many technologies as possible that appeal to each investor's different type of fancy in a coin. thereby grabbing at more market share. your concern is trading value which in itself is a marketing tool. and of course can provide you with more encouragement and satisfaction from the work you do here. but i guess we can wait and see what your developments do for the market without anon implementations. i guess personally id take a different approach. a bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush. id provide what the market has already shown great interest in and let the bystanders watch as value grows exponentially until they cant take it any more and buy in. maybe it is a bit force-handed strategy. but non-crypt enthusiasts i think are the last people you want to take opinions from when you could gain possibly $1million+ dollar market cap with the investors already in crypto.

and for the record. based on the work i see ur doing. the premine is not an issue for me and i hope it wont be for anyone else. this is premium grade coding imo. and you deserve to be rewarded for your work. but just think about the market appeal with the services and technologies you already have with the added investment of those interested in special markets like POS and Anon-tx investors. i mean, that would put you in a very strong position above almost all other altcoins having carried both their technologies AND your major innovations. i hardly if ever invest in non-POS coins. this one was a first in a looong time. and i dont regret my decision either way. and i hope i dont sound like im trying to "bring you over to the dark side" lol. but from a marketing perspective, these are the markets i know that are already available to grab at. and thats one of the major rules of marketing and creating services. knowing where to find investors that want the service you will provide even before development. having an idea of how much value that market could bring to your network and determining if it is feasible based on that. so that's why i recommend these 2 options to add to your current network. because i already know the investors are there and waiting for those implementations making it a quicker route to larger market capitalization.

at the end of the day though, i could be wrong. just going on my experience and knowledge of these markets. it could well be that neos will do well even without anon or POS. but the enthusiasm expressed by crypto-investors for these technologies has been very clear. and will without a doubt, increase your community exponentially and provided greater marketing opportunity to get the word out about Neos. ill try to put together something and pm you about how we can approach marketing neos and building an economic model that investors will be interested in being a part of making neos a strong contender for merchant acceptance. the 2000 satoshi price point doesnt really matter. that can easily and with the right strategy become 10x or 100x more and with time even more. but these technologies you;ve provided i already knew were in demand. even if crypto enthusiasts themselves didnt know it yet. i was really surprised to see them all here and its like noone knew about it. i was a bit shocked to read the op and discover all these things implemented in neos and i didnt know about it until today.

give me a day or 2 and we'll see if we can tackle a marketing strategy and get some article writers on board. some translators for neos to reach various countries, more exchanges.. and of course.. direct neos usd trading. they would have to be the starting points but i think youve really got a good head on your shoulders and a well developed commodity that the crypto community can get behind.

Coinler
I am totally agreed with you about one major concern, thief or fraud protection. If these technologies implement on NEOS, this will be great.

Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Show me some love with bitcoin: 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
|Trade LTC, BTC with 20x Leverage at  OKCoin | visit: https://dikbazar.com  for best  deal.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:28:04 AM

Coinler

Feel free to contact me any time.  It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas for marketing and gaining new audiences and that's definitely something we need.  We've built a really strong, organic community over the past 7 months now and typically it consists of people who hadn't heard of Neos but tried it and became part of the community after.  It's rough right now getting accepted on platforms such as ShapeShift just due to lack of liquidity.  However, if we increased our reach and introduced Neos to some new people I think we could have a fighting chance.  From there it would just be a matter of coding the bridge and believe me - it would be done in the best possible manner.  I've been wanting to do this for months now but due to aforementioned reasons have been unable.  I'm excited for when the day comes though to say the least.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:33:00 AM

I am totally agreed with you about one major concern, thief or fraud protection. If these technologies implement on NEOS, this will be great.

Theft recovery and deterrents are active and working in Neos right now.  The community feedback so far on the concept has been great - so the release date of the final daemon and fork date will be announced as soon as we determine when that is.  Most likely within the next several weeks.  While we've had positive feedback - I want as much of a diverse perspective as possible on this before it's set in stone.  Once I port in the rest of the system's code and prevention methods in, it will be final.

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:03:33 AM

Some more votes for Neos please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000833.0;topicseen
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:04:32 PM

Linux Neos launcher updates: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-launchers-updated-for-linux-3-26-15/393

HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:27:36 PM

I have read the last couple of posts, I will add some of my thoughts plus a couple of questions to syntax.

Questions first:

a)

"Each installation is unique to itself.  Your wallet files aren't transferrable to another Neos install.  This prevents someone for example from replacing your files with modified wallet files to gain access or corrupt it."

So if I want to have my wallet on both my desktop and my laptop, how do I do that. Usually I just copied the wallet.dat, but if I understand correctly that is not possible anymore?

b) 2fa

Someone earlier wrote that he didnt see the recovery codes. I didnt try myself, but I assume I dont have access to my coins if I have 2fa enabled and lose my phone. Any way to recover in that case, if not adding the recovery codes should be done asap

c) neos kratos sounds like something finally usefull, usually crypto produces alot of flashy things no one actually will ever use. I will have to think about that before commenting.

Genrally, great work syntax. Also I like that you are active and helpfull, you seem to enjoy what you are doing, which is great. A big exception for crypto. Reagrding the idea with POS, the network security should always be the most important thing. Changing the fundamentals of a coin is something that should never be done carelessly. However cryprto is evolving and if there are new, maybe better ways to run the network a change can be a good decision. After all crypto is still very young and far from anything mainstream when it will be a far bigger deal to change fundamental things, as we can alreadly see with Bitcoin.

I also like your focus on usage of the coin, not another anonymity nonsense, that no one needs. I am not saying there is no market for that, but it is only valuable to a fraction of people in the "real world". I am probably a bit older and for sure far more conservative leaning than the average crpto user and especially those active here. Whenever I talk to people (mostly middle aged business-people) they like the idea of fast, secure and nearly free transactions all over the world. Basically no one ever asked for anonymous sending, many even see it as something that will hold cryptos back due to the obvious utility for black markets (oc cash has filled that role nicely for now).  

I will test the wallet and its functions over the next days and give you some feedback. One minor bug is that when you send coins, it automatically shows the value in BTC but the calcualtion seems to not recognize decimals, e.g. 10000,01 will be calcualted as 1000000.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:37:44 PM

I have read the last couple of posts, I will add some of my thoughts plus a couple of questions to syntax.

Questions first:

a)

"Each installation is unique to itself.  Your wallet files aren't transferrable to another Neos install.  This prevents someone for example from replacing your files with modified wallet files to gain access or corrupt it."

So if I want to have my wallet on both my desktop and my laptop, how do I do that. Usually I just copied the wallet.dat, but if I understand correctly that is not possible anymore?

You can just save the private keys through dumpprivkey <address> of your adresses and then import them through importprivkey <key> on your other machine.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:44:28 PM

Questions first:

a)

b) 2fa

Someone earlier wrote that he didnt see the recovery codes. I didnt try myself, but I assume I dont have access to my coins if I have 2fa enabled and lose my phone. Any way to recover in that case, if not adding the recovery codes should be done asap

c) neos kratos sounds like something finally usefull, usually crypto produces alot of flashy things no one actually will ever use. I will have to think about that before commenting.

Genrally, great work syntax. Also I like that you are active and helpfull, you seem to enjoy what you are doing, which is great. A big exception for crypto. Reagrding the idea with POS, the network security should always be the most important thing. Changing the fundamentals of a coin is something that should never be done carelessly. However cryprto is evolving and if there are new, maybe better ways to run the network a change can be a good decision. After all crypto is still very young and far from anything mainstream when it will be a far bigger deal to change fundamental things, as we can alreadly see with Bitcoin.

I also like your focus on usage of the coin, not another anonymity nonsense, that no one needs. I am not saying there is no market for that, but it is only valuable to a fraction of people in the "real world". I am probably a bit older and for sure far more conservative leaning than the average crpto user and especially those active here. Whenever I talk to people (mostly middle aged business-people) they like the idea of fast, secure and nearly free transactions all over the world. Basically no one ever asked for anonymous sending, many even see it as something that will hold cryptos back due to the obvious utility for black markets (oc cash has filled that role nicely for now).  

I will test the wallet and its functions over the next days and give you some feedback. One minor bug is that when you send coins, it automatically shows the value in BTC but the calcualtion seems to not recognize decimals, e.g. 10000,01 will be calcualted as 1000000.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.  I'll tackle your questions first and then comment.

a) You can load your wallet.dat on another machine, however, it will flag the anti-theft system and each time you load that wallet, if you've set a notification e-mail, it will e-mail your wallet back to you.  You could copy the entire Neos directory over in terms of wallet files, but you wouldn't be able to mix another installation's files with it.  This prevents for example someone taking their config file and dropping it into your installation in attempt to circumvent the system.

b) 2fa isn't tied directly into the daemon as of yet but recovery codes are something I've put on the priority list as of the other day when another person requested it (I believe it was xxxgoodgirls).  If you were to lose your phone, you would contact support (me) with the pin you set in your wallet settings that validates your claim to ownership of that wallet and we could reset it for you.

c) I love Greek mythology

Our focus really is just trying to remain a sustainable, reliable and honest presence with constant progress.  I do love what I'm doing, which makes it that much easier to wake up at 4am and keep at it until 1am. =)  In my opinion, it's not about being perfect all of the time, it's about how you handle imperfections.  If given the proper attention and appropriate care, nothing is impossible.  The calculation with commas and decimals is also on my list of bugs to fix.  Within roughly an hour I'll be releasing a big update which is required and then following that other reported bugs/quirks with have my full attention.  We had an anonymous system in place that worked *really* well, but in the interest of longevity we removed it.  Noone was using it either.  It was basically sitting there just waiting to be scrutinized by the powers that be and it's just not the attention we want or the reason we're here.  As you stated, there are other projects for that purpose and I leave that attention to them.

We will never haphazardly change the network or parameters, especially not without the community behind the changes and without their feedback on the topic.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or issues I'm always here.

Best regards,

syntaks

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: