Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZirkCoin - [100% PoS] | [New] | [Features] | Version 1.1.0  (Read 28815 times)
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:48:39 PM

A few things don't to make much logical sense Development wise with how the launch went and how things are now.

Why did the Dev clone a coin that he didn't have the knowledge of to be able to fix any problems along the way? Why not clone a more simple client but still have the POS code that the Developer wanted?

The cache of zirkcoin.com shows a website with a least a competent understanding of Wordpress themes but never kept the domain online long enough for hardly anyone to see it; this makes no sense as the Dev must have bought the domain so down a little money there.

The strangest thing of all is that even with the Windows wallet still not working properly for many users, is how did that Dev or Dev's manage to get Zirkcoin onto three exchanges so quickly? Not just quickly but borderline instantly.

It either takes quiet a bit of possible Bitcoin bounty action to get a coin on exchanges so fast or for a coin to be publicly released by a major Crypto Dev but this coin was released from a new forum account so if lots of Bitcoins were paid to exchanges, then that makes disappearing all the more bewildering.

Maybe this should be called Mysterycoin instead of Zirkcoin.

Either way, there is a bit of volume on the exchanges but someone or the community as a whole is probably going to have to decide in which direction do we try and fix the windows client to start with and then work out some kind of at least a one to two year future development plan.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I still think IMHO that the Dev's or "Creators" are still around, silent, watching and waiting maybe?

First of all we need someone to fix the wallet. I can't.

I'm willing to remove my wall at bittrex is this wallet gets fixed. I want to go up, but ofc only if wallet gets .

You got that wall on there instead of staking it?

A good idea though, will stop a potential pump, dump and run leaving it there for the short term until the Wallet is fixed.

I will download the Source Code and have a look through it and download the source code of the coin it was directly cloned from, shadowcoin in this case if I am right?

I might compile a Linux version and see if that works fine, if it does then maybe its Windows dependency issue with how the Dev compiled the client?

I don't even need this 'advanced' wallet.

A simple wallet is sufficient as well. Let me know what your findings are when you go trough the code.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

A few things don't to make much logical sense Development wise with how the launch went and how things are now.

Why did the Dev clone a coin that he didn't have the knowledge of to be able to fix any problems along the way? Why not clone a more simple client but still have the POS code that the Developer wanted?

The cache of zirkcoin.com shows a website with a least a competent understanding of Wordpress themes but never kept the domain online long enough for hardly anyone to see it; this makes no sense as the Dev must have bought the domain so down a little money there.

The strangest thing of all is that even with the Windows wallet still not working properly for many users, is how did that Dev or Dev's manage to get Zirkcoin onto three exchanges so quickly? Not just quickly but borderline instantly.

It either takes quiet a bit of possible Bitcoin bounty action to get a coin on exchanges so fast or for a coin to be publicly released by a major Crypto Dev but this coin was released from a new forum account so if lots of Bitcoins were paid to exchanges, then that makes disappearing all the more bewildering.

Maybe this should be called Mysterycoin instead of Zirkcoin.

Either way, there is a bit of volume on the exchanges but someone or the community as a whole is probably going to have to decide in which direction do we try and fix the windows client to start with and then work out some kind of at least a one to two year future development plan.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I still think IMHO that the Dev's or "Creators" are still around, silent, watching and waiting maybe?

First of all we need someone to fix the wallet. I can't.

I'm willing to remove my wall at bittrex is this wallet gets fixed. I want to go up, but ofc only if wallet gets .

You got that wall on there instead of staking it?

A good idea though, will stop a potential pump, dump and run leaving it there for the short term until the Wallet is fixed.

I will download the Source Code and have a look through it and download the source code of the coin it was directly cloned from, shadowcoin in this case if I am right?

I might compile a Linux version and see if that works fine, if it does then maybe its Windows dependency issue with how the Dev compiled the client?

I don't even need this 'advanced' wallet.

A simple wallet is sufficient as well. Let me know what your findings are when you go trough the code.

I totally agree about the wallet.

The Extremecoin Wallet Client GUI code has stayed the same since day once with just the backend code getting updated or changed.

I don't even think IMHO that the ZirkChat is even needed in the client and then there is chain data AND a block explorer.

How many new users are going to be using them tabs and if an experienced user is using the client, they will used the debug console.

Maybe a wallet GUI integrated application downgrade could be what is needed?
Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:18:54 PM

If there is a proper block explorer on a website, I don't need that function as well.

Just keep it simple. We can keep the theme (Colours etc.) of the wallet but remove those extra functions.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 10:08:54 PM

i did transfer some zirk to bittrex and its been 24hrs they havent appeared in the wallet, do we have any block explorer where i can check the status of them or do i have to raise ticket @ bittrex. in absence of our Mr. Zirk

Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:15:07 PM

Put your transaction ID in the built in block explorer.
kevin1234a
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 10:28:54 PM

im using ./zirkcoind not the win wallet, how to check in daemon?

Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:45:22 AM

Give me your transaction ID and I will give you the info
kevin1234a
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 07:08:04 PM

Give me your transaction ID and I will give you the info

42377b8a41fccac79ffa9ccfe3e107763ca760508d8918d467fbb191a29402
i just checked it has 0 confirmations which means they are stuck somewhere

EDIT: did repair wallet and it seems they are back now doing fresh win installation to confirm it

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:02:44 AM

I wanna buy some in trex, but without proper wallet... I can't.  Sad
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:07:22 PM

My wallet is working fine?
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:35:17 PM

My wallet is working fine?

Well, my wallet is getting runtime error after 1000 - 3000 sync blocks.?
kondiomir
Legendary

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:46:55 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 07:06:18 PM by kondiomir

I've uploaded last working blockchain here: https://mega.co.nz/#!ANMyzDTR!_QdCwfWlj5hMiaGGgV2fgYUZ74NZLTNBwk6OSSIrgp0

If anyone decide to tip me - PLS PM Smiley Thanks.
Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:47:47 PM

My wallet also running fine....
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:00:02 AM

In the checkpoints.cpp the following change was made after the client was released:

Checkpoints.cpp

-const std::string CSyncCheckpoint::strMasterPubKey = "02334512c0d7a9a69289c4b7ad1c76e5330ef9dacd9da912c91a853986bddf0434";
+const std::string CSyncCheckpoint::strMasterPubKey = "02a17252a60bc8e33b7a5e6774448c8d50605ad681bcff93d370544e48f96c67a6";

This is supposed to be done before a clients release I am sure?

At the same hour time for the github code update the below was added, that is most likely causing the problems of Windows clients crashing before or at the 3000 block in the chain is the following checkpoint:

Checkpoints.cpp

Line 29 +        ( 3000,   uint256("0x0000000001a05263085bb2a004c410432fde803648687457a957beafee7c2bc3") )

This checkpoint IMHO does not look right or even the correct checkpoint code.

Am I right?

If I am then I can fix the wallet crashing at the block 3000 error.
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:53:31 PM

Hi all,

I am not completely sure what to do in this situation with Zirkcoin or what the community wants to happen but before the Dev went missing, I had invested in Zirkcoin and I still have the coins and as Zirkcoin.com is down, i will keep zirkcoin.org up and running and add any links that anyone thinks would benefit the coin or new services that pop up.

I understand what the change was for with the MasterPubKey and I have seen a few clients over the last few years that don't like to be touched or moved until fully synced, I remember Rucoin had some problems like that I think.

The fact that many people get stuck at or around block 3000 means that the checkpoint added, for some strange reason, has made fresh client not sync from scratch which is normally only caused by a fork.

As most, if not all of my Crypto work as been with POW Scrypt coins, I am reading up and learning all about Shadowcoin, to get a general idea about how much different this coin is to any other POS coin like Peercoin etc and any security flaws their could be.

Does anyone know if pure POS still has that double spend problem if the chain forks?

Anyway, in the meantime I am just doing some LAN testing of the Windows client with modified source code to see if I can at least get rid of the sync from scratch issue.

Like what has been said before, we can't really promote this coin fully as supporters until we have a stable wallet client for 99.99% of users.

Any other ideas or suggestions?
TheFixer

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:38:14 PM

Hello. Friend ask me to try help.

Please for Windows do this.

If first install start step 3. If coins already sent to wallet step 1.

1. ) If you do not have Windows hidden files set to unhidden then go to the control panel, under appearance setting go to folder options, view, then click “Show hidden files”.  Now go to the folder normally here if C is your main drive – C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ZirkCoin

2. ) Delete every files EXCEPT wallet.dat

3. ) Download wallet from https://mega.co.nz/#!8EdhQAYK!zxUJ0itrhxFCOIH3A21t5Hh31oM65AE2UH_o2LhTUGs
      As post by shit dev here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994869.msg10830308#msg10830308

4. ) If first install open wallet and close

4. ) Download this zip https://mega.co.nz/#!ccQGGCwJ!ZrnEAiLTzODNMIwIgTImmqi_Tfgq1GqcgjzFFDKyq0o

5. ) From zip put bootstrap.dat and peers.dat in folder – C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ZirkCoin

6. ) Open wallet and wait for import. This take you clear of problem block.

Wallet is fat if it look like sleep just leave it will come awake again and stop sleep once sync.
This not simple fix it is fix for now.
This work for me on Windows 7.

It not work for you please for clear report make post with problem and exact OS (Windows8.1 or what).

CaptChadd

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:47:38 PM

Got a few blockchains being posted in this thread at the moment.

My advice is to only download a blockchain from a source or person that you know and you trust.

We could really do with some older members in this thread to help out aswell.
TheFixer

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:50:33 PM

My advice is to only download a blockchain from a source or person that you know and you trust.

Always should be careful with files here but for what i posted it easily verified if someone who downloaded bootstrap.dat posted by shit dev before editing the op they can compare. Look in data folder for bootstrap.dat.old and if you compare this you will see it match exact with one i uploaded.

This is simple for capable old member like you CaptChadd and you can host on site if it work for people. Other way to test put 2nd wallet in virtual machine with bootstrap and do getblockhash once import and compare.
kondiomir
Legendary

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:25:11 PM

Hi all,

I am not completely sure what to do in this situation with Zirkcoin or what the community wants to happen but before the Dev went missing, I had invested in Zirkcoin and I still have the coins and as Zirkcoin.com is down, i will keep zirkcoin.org up and running and add any links that anyone thinks would benefit the coin or new services that pop up.

I understand what the change was for with the MasterPubKey and I have seen a few clients over the last few years that don't like to be touched or moved until fully synced, I remember Rucoin had some problems like that I think.

The fact that many people get stuck at or around block 3000 means that the checkpoint added, for some strange reason, has made fresh client not sync from scratch which is normally only caused by a fork.

As most, if not all of my Crypto work as been with POW Scrypt coins, I am reading up and learning all about Shadowcoin, to get a general idea about how much different this coin is to any other POS coin like Peercoin etc and any security flaws their could be.

Does anyone know if pure POS still has that double spend problem if the chain forks?

Anyway, in the meantime I am just doing some LAN testing of the Windows client with modified source code to see if I can at least get rid of the sync from scratch issue.

Like what has been said before, we can't really promote this coin fully as supporters until we have a stable wallet client for 99.99% of users.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

So you are ZirkCoin dev now? Smiley

If not ? I propose you to take over!
TheFixer

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:32:03 PM

CaptChadd. Instead of files i posted please you can post for people. You probably know already bootstrap is blk***.dat files concatenated https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10381/creating-my-own-bootstrap-dat. So you can change name of your blk0001.dat to bootstrap.dat since zirk is young and only has one and post your peers.dat also. Then if people follow steps i post with trusted files from you this will help people with problem with Windows.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: