Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZirkCoin - [100% PoS] | [New] | [Features] | Version 1.1.0  (Read 28813 times)
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:11:16 PM

I have not stopped trying to support this coin.

I have been working on getting it onto a more stable exchange, with a support base.

I have been going over the Source Code and planning to release for now, a spin off client, that will be a stripped down, more basic version of the current client to get rid of the bug that the current client has but still leave the community the option to download either client.

The new simple client will not fork the chain or make any dramatic backend changes but just focus on the GUI front end for now, as that is where the majority of top priority issue are at the moment.

I have given the original developer more than enough time to come back and support this coin so now I have forked the client to my Github, moved the current client download to my Sourceforge so that I can start work on getting this more basic but bug free client released.

Once we have a stable client up and running for everyone, then we have a decent platform for which to promote the coin and work on slowly adding more features to the client and get services (Demand) up and running.

The current price of Zirkcoin on the exchanges at the moment is not an indication of its worth, as it's value is being effected by the fact that this coin developer vanished and left everyone with a broken client.

I said about six months ago that I would become a Developer that will help out the community, as a way to help pay back all the help the community has given me over the years.

I do this as a hobby and in my spare time and not with profit in mind but to reduce the amount of pump, dump and run coins, of which this coin, to the best of my efforts, will not be.

The website that I have paid out for and am running is at http://www.zirkcoin.org if anyone currently does not know.

Thanks for reading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:16:25 AM

Zirk kicked out of bittrex....lol!
CaptChadd

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:17:18 PM

Most likely due to low trade volume and because the Dev thought it was a good idea to release this coin with 100% POS interest which will promote hoarding.

I am working on getting it added to an exchange that does not remove any coins added no matter how low the trade volume is.
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:49:13 PM

Most likely due to low trade volume and because the Dev thought it was a good idea to release this coin with 100% POS interest which will promote hoarding.

I am working on getting it added to an exchange that does not remove any coins added no matter how low the trade volume is.

Speak to yourself MR. CHADD. Sayonara bag holder! Tongue Tongue
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:54:31 PM

Too bad. I liked this project. It is a shame that no one want to takeover.. Sad
digitalgrow

Activity: 704

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:58:55 AM

Speak to yourself MR. CHADD. Sayonara bag holder! Tongue Tongue

Lol this guy is such a dick,
CaptChadd

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:29:06 PM

Even though I did not release this coin, even low I made a loss investing in this coin at the start, I still am trying to support it by still paying the hosting fees for Zirkcoin.org and development is in the works.

I am working on quite a few projects at the moment, in my spare time and in the short to mid term will bring me no profit at all.

Having Zirkcoin myself I would imagine is a good thing, as it gives me even more motivation to help support this coin and as proven with Extremecoin, I do not support coins for a few weeks but years.

It would be helpful if through this thread I could get an idea of the amount of support this coin still has and who is invested it in, as then I can work together with these community members to make Zirkcoin the successful currency I believe it could be.

Many thanks
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

Even though I did not release this coin, even low I made a loss investing in this coin at the start, I still am trying to support it by still paying the hosting fees for Zirkcoin.org and development is in the works.

I am working on quite a few projects at the moment, in my spare time and in the short to mid term will bring me no profit at all.

Having Zirkcoin myself I would imagine is a good thing, as it gives me even more motivation to help support this coin and as proven with Extremecoin, I do not support coins for a few weeks but years.

It would be helpful if through this thread I could get an idea of the amount of support this coin still has and who is invested it in, as then I can work together with these community members to make Zirkcoin the successful currency I believe it could be.

Many thanks

I have a few coins but not anything huge. Is there a timeline for a more stable window wallet? Mine worked for a while, staked and died when I exit the wallet. Haven't been able to bring it back.
CaptChadd

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:33:20 PM

Many thanks

I have a few coins but not anything huge. Is there a timeline for a more stable window wallet? Mine worked for a while, staked and died when I exit the wallet. Haven't been able to bring it back.

The workaround that I found was to restart your PC and then start the Zirkcoin Windows client but to not touch the client in anyway until it has synced.

I am working on a sister client (As I did not released this coin) so that users have a choice in the meantime of which client to use.

The Wallet Client that I plan to release is going to be a basic stripped down version so that myself and the community have a simple but stable platform to improve and build upon.

An ETA on a release of that client should be within a couple of weeks but could be sooner, if I can get the project I am currently working on finished sooner.

Thanks.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:31:43 PM

Many thanks

The workaround that I found was to restart your PC and then start the Zirkcoin Windows client but to not touch the client in anyway until it has synced.

I am working on a sister client (As I did not released this coin) so that users have a choice in the meantime of which client to use.

The Wallet Client that I plan to release is going to be a basic stripped down version so that myself and the community have a simple but stable platform to improve and build upon.

An ETA on a release of that client should be within a couple of weeks but could be sooner, if I can get the project I am currently working on finished sooner.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip and a Restart of the PC worked, seems like it's the only wallet with that issue and I have to do a -rescan at every reboot to see the coins.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:10:53 PM

A rescan is strange, I have not had to do that, which version of the Windows client are you using?

I remember that just before the Dev that released this coin vanished, he released "patched" version which was supposed to help with the crashing issue.

That is the Windows client that I have available to download at Zirkcoin.org at the moment.

With so many projects going on at the moment, I really do not see how I am going to have enough spare time to support this Crypto at the development level.

I will try and at least develop and release a much more simple and bare bones client, that does the same job as the current one, just without the bling which could be causing the errors.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:26:15 PM

A rescan is strange, I have not had to do that, which version of the Windows client are you using?

I remember that just before the Dev that released this coin vanished, he released "patched" version which was supposed to help with the crashing issue.

That is the Windows client that I have available to download at Zirkcoin.org at the moment.

With so many projects going on at the moment, I really do not see how I am going to have enough spare time to support this Crypto at the development level.

I will try and at least develop and release a much more simple and bare bones client, that does the same job as the current one, just without the bling which could be causing the errors.

8.1 Pro and the same exact issue happens to StealthCash wallet as well. They might be developed by the same group/dev.  Wink

This thread seems to die down and without the active developement or interest of the community it's probably best let it rest in peace. One more to the collection of my dead coins.
Coinmin

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 02:05:01 AM

What's the news, Captain? We believe and support you.
CaptChadd

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 06:07:57 AM

I am glad that there are still people interested in this coin.

I am in the process this weekend of adding 24/7 client nodes to my high speed Azure Cloud Server, being added, it Zirkcoin, Extremecoin, BBQcoin and Unobtanium, essentially that will be full nodes too.

Once they are all added, I will post the addnode IP.

Thanks.
Coinmin

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:20:25 PM

I am glad that there are still people interested in this coin.

I am in the process this weekend of adding 24/7 client nodes to my high speed Azure Cloud Server, being added, it Zirkcoin, Extremecoin, BBQcoin and Unobtanium, essentially that will be full nodes too.

Once they are all added, I will post the addnode IP.

Thanks.

Ok thanks for the update! Smiley
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:07:43 PM

RIP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: