Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex question and general trading question  (Read 8134 times)
TeamDisaster (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 11:58:39 AM

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this on Bittrex's fax or via general search - when you place a trade order on Bittrex, is the fee applied at time of placing order, or only on completion of order?  (Basically, do you get charged the fee if the order is subsequently cancelled?)

Also, regarding the fluctuation of Altcoin values, I have not yet convinced myself whether the amount available significantly affects the price of the coin.  For example, 100K available, 50K withdrawn from sale (not sold, just withdrawn from sale) - is that likely to push the price up a little, or have no significant effect?  I'm pretty new to all this and obviously you'd think the normal rules of supply:demand apply to some extent, I'm just not sure to quite what effect.

(I'm hoping these questions aren't too dumb... )

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:40:44 PM

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this on Bittrex's fax or via general search - when you place a trade order on Bittrex, is the fee applied at time of placing order, or only on completion of order?  (Basically, do you get charged the fee if the order is subsequently cancelled?)

Also, regarding the fluctuation of Altcoin values, I have not yet convinced myself whether the amount available significantly affects the price of the coin.  For example, 100K available, 50K withdrawn from sale (not sold, just withdrawn from sale) - is that likely to push the price up a little, or have no significant effect?  I'm pretty new to all this and obviously you'd think the normal rules of supply:demand apply to some extent, I'm just not sure to quite what effect.

no exchange going to charge you for placing order, the fee will get counted only after your order is executed

Example

you place a 1 btc order

your 1 btc will be deducted with the 0.25% after your order get executed

If your entire 1 btc got executed, then the fee will be 0.25%*1 btc = 0.0025 deducted

if only 0.5 btc got executed , then the fee will be 0.25% * 0.5 btc = 0.00125 deducted and the rest of the 0.5 will still be there and not deducted before it got executed

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TeamDisaster (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:47:41 PM

Good to know, many thanks!  (I was sure that was how it worked but couldn't quite convince myself enough to be comfortable.)

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:36:33 PM

Good to know, many thanks!  (I was sure that was how it worked but couldn't quite convince myself enough to be comfortable.)

Glad to see the explanation convinced you

I am fairly certain that this is how all exchanger operates, none exchanger will charge their customer just by placing orders and cancel them

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
moretea

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:29:17 AM

Is there a way to cancel multiple orders with 1 click?

I have 20 pages of orders and want to cancel them. But I don't want to click them one by one

● ⚫ GIFcoin.io ⚫ ●
Gambling Investment Fund (http://gifcoin.io)
Working business ✔ 80% of net profit shared with Holders ✔
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:20:27 AM

Is there a way to cancel multiple orders with 1 click?

I have 20 pages of orders and want to cancel them. But I don't want to click them one by one

there is no way of doing that apart from either clicking on each cancel button of every single order you want. or learn programming and write a program that lists all your open orders with an API call through their service:
Code:
https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/market/getopenorders?apikey=" + ApiKey + "&nonce=" + nonce;
then select the ones you want to cancel and write a loop to execute a cancel request for each of them
Code:
for(//all the selected orders)
https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/market/cancel?apikey=+" + ApiKey + "&uuid=" + OrderID + "&nonce=" + nonce;

Only Bitcoin
CosTilKaGaminG

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:15:29 PM

Hello,

I need some assistance. I already asked support to Bittrex but after 3 days, still no return.

I am generally buying around 0,0005x and sell around 0,0006x. But I faced a problem during selling one of the altcoin. System gave error message "MIN_TRADE_REQUIREMENT_NOT_MET". Trade cost is around 0,0006x. I can put a selling order at other coins around this price but not that particular one. What could be the reason? I even try to give an order to sell at 0,004 but still system didnt accept and gave the same error.

How can I sell that coin? :/

Thank you for your  help.
H4gb4rd

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:08:06 PM

Hello,

I need some assistance. I already asked support to Bittrex but after 3 days, still no return.

I am generally buying around 0,0005x and sell around 0,0006x. But I faced a problem during selling one of the altcoin. System gave error message "MIN_TRADE_REQUIREMENT_NOT_MET". Trade cost is around 0,0006x. I can put a selling order at other coins around this price but not that particular one. What could be the reason? I even try to give an order to sell at 0,004 but still system didnt accept and gave the same error.

How can I sell that coin? :/

Thank you for your  help.

Same issue, can not sell my coins!

Get this error: MIN_TRADE_REQUIREMENT_NOT_MET
dieselfrank

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:59:41 AM

I can't seem to find a direct answer to this on Bittrex's fax or via general search - when you place a trade order on Bittrex, is the fee applied at time of placing order, or only on completion of order?  (Basically, do you get charged the fee if the order is subsequently cancelled?)

Also, regarding the fluctuation of Altcoin values, I have not yet convinced myself whether the amount available significantly affects the price of the coin.  For example, 100K available, 50K withdrawn from sale (not sold, just withdrawn from sale) - is that likely to push the price up a little, or have no significant effect?  I'm pretty new to all this and obviously you'd think the normal rules of supply:demand apply to some extent, I'm just not sure to quite what effect.

no exchange going to charge you for placing order, the fee will get counted only after your order is executed

Example

you place a 1 btc order

your 1 btc will be deducted with the 0.25% after your order get executed

If your entire 1 btc got executed, then the fee will be 0.25%*1 btc = 0.0025 deducted

if only 0.5 btc got executed , then the fee will be 0.25% * 0.5 btc = 0.00125 deducted and the rest of the 0.5 will still be there and not deducted before it got executed

I know its long time after but times are changing and greed is exploding on the exchange marketplace. I have just encountered an exchange that charges the commission fee even if you cancel the order.....   graviex.net    Its a new exhange. And this is what I found on the site:

Fees
Market’s trade fee is equals 0.2% of the order amount. Fee amount is deducted from the order in the order currency. The fee is charged when the order is executed. In case of cancellation of the order before its execution, the commission is not written off.
32asare

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:39:18 PM

This question was ask so many years ago but gave me very relevant insight today. Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: