Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins strong bullish signs and efforts just got rekt, again.  (Read 1495 times)
Netnox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:01:36 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 12:16:35 PM by Netnox

That has to suck right? So much effort and positive news, upwards really, holding strong and suddenly in a blink of an eye it crashes, caused again by another shitsite running away with the coins and it amazes me how many bitcoins they manage to gather.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:25:07 PM

Well might be a chance to buy again for a cheap price. In long term the price will go up. Just have to check the fundamentals for that.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:34:21 PM

It's the last bear trap
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:39:31 PM

Well everyone seems to think it's a crash. Well it did drop about $20 in about 4 hours and I'm sure we've seen far worse than that. Probably it will recover quickly, probably it won't. Regardless, just look on the bright side. It will only get better as long as the fundamental is there. The Rakuten adopting bitcoin news seems to give me the hope.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:44:22 PM

Both people expecting moonshot and people expecting a crash must be ddisappointed. We are not there yet in a phase where volatility is high. For now we merely managed to reverse the down trend. This needs to be confirmed by the next correction. Thus no huge price swings to be expected atm.

this space is intentionally left blank
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:11:02 PM

That has to suck right? So much effort and positive news, upwards really, holding strong and suddenly in a blink of an eye it crashes, caused again by another shitsite running away with the coins and it amazes me how many bitcoins they manage to gather.

Is the site shutdown the cause of the mini crash?
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

Have you seen earlier crashes? This one was pathetic in comparison... Haven't seen such a resilience in a long time. It's merely a correction, man... This happens all the time in healthy markets. But nice try Smiley

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:14:31 PM

I hope to see these exchange closed very soon, the future is not "centralized" and we need a new type of exchange  peer-to-peer (the basic). Like the mercury "wallet" but it is still in the alpha version. I suggest you to read this thread :

- Exchanges: their way of using a fractional-reserve and generate inflation.
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

I hope to see these exchange closed very soon, the future is not "centralized" and we need a new type of exchange  peer-to-peer (the basic). Like the mercury "wallet" but it is still in the alpha version. I suggest you to read this thread :

Aren't you advertising an exchange yourself in your signature? Well it's still very difficult to have a decentralised exchange for FIAT, since that is by definition centralised.

_AquaRegia

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:19:23 PM

Well at least this means that our current bull run is a measured move and not like a short term bubble like the previous ones
Could pave the way for future bull runs
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:20:40 PM

Well at least this means that our current bull run is a measured move and not like a short term bubble like the previous ones
Could pave the way for future bull runs

Once a previous ATH has been reached again, there will be a new bubble. I don't see any scenario where this is not going to happen, really... I guess this is just how Bitcoin works.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:23:21 PM

Aren't you advertising an exchange yourself in your signature? Well it's still very difficult to have a decentralised exchange for FIAT, since that is by definition centralised.

Yes , but I don't keep my "bitcoin" in any exchange. When I want to "exchange" some bitcoin for euros or dollars I send them on an exchange, sell them and request my FIAT money (fastly). I know that a lot of users are keeping a lot of bitcoins in the various exchange, and these people cry after an hack attack "stole" their bitcoins.
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:30:32 PM

Yes , but I don't keep my "bitcoin" in any exchange. When I want to "exchange" some bitcoin for euros or dollars I send them on an exchange, sell them and request my FIAT money (fastly). I know that a lot of users are keeping a lot of bitcoins in the various exchange, and these people cry after an hack attack "stole" their bitcoins.

Yeah, of course you're right that keeping BTC on an exchange is the wrong thing to do, really. But exchanges also need to be safe for the time you're trading your coins. Also, a lot of speculators effectively *need* to have their coins ready to change hands.

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

LOL

redsn0w got caught red-handed! One of those people whose motto is "Do as I say, do Not do as I do!" Hypocrites!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:59:27 PM

Centralized exchanges and ponzis will stop when people stop giving them money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:12:49 PM

I agree this looks very dark, this gradual increase was bitcoins only small chance to ever become something of true value.
I guess that ship has really sailed now. It's a sad day today..

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:13:54 PM

I agree this looks very dark, this gradual increase was bitcoins only small chance to ever become something of true value.
I guess that ship has really sailed now. It's a sad day today..

Plonker.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:15:15 PM

LOL

redsn0w got caught red-handed! One of those people whose motto is "Do as I say, do Not do as I do!" Hypocrites!

Read please
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:12:07 PM

I don't see any crash.
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:22:39 PM

I don't see any crash.