Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:18:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Req. 5 months registered, 20 hrs. logged in, 60 posts, to post in this subforum.  (Read 1618 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:49:34 AM

Was mentioned elsewhere -- decided to pull some numbers out of my ass. If a prospective lendee really wanted a loan, they could still request from a stickied lender.

Thoughts?
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:53:55 AM

maybe chuck in they need to be active for the last X month as well... incase someone acct gets hacked who is no longer active.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:57:16 AM

maybe chuck in they need to be active for the last X month as well... incase someone acct gets hacked who is no longer active.
Idunno if SMF is capable of doing that without a lot of code modification... Maybe it could check if the user's posted elsewhere in the past month?
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:01:08 PM

I disagree with this, it's the lenders choice who he picks to lend to. 
BitcoinINV

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:03:28 PM

See the problem I have with months is, you could be a highly active user and have 70 hours logged in a week. Be a great asset to the community and not be able to post for a loan. But the the post limit and hours does sound great.

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:04:31 PM

Correct, and as a lender, I'd like to see these rules implemented. Other lenders are free to disagree, but since lendees would be able to contact the stickied lenders as usual, I don't see much potential downside. Very rarely do newer members ever pay back to the sorry people who loaned out to them, so there's not much opportunity loss.

A lender could easily choose to advertise they're open to lending to new members and enjoy they flood of PMs.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:27:49 PM

Correct, and as a lender, I'd like to see these rules implemented. Other lenders are free to disagree, but since lendees would be able to contact the stickied lenders as usual, I don't see much potential downside. Very rarely do newer members ever pay back to the sorry people who loaned out to them, so there's not much opportunity loss.

A lender could easily choose to advertise they're open to lending to new members and enjoy they flood of PMs.
Well, I've been thinking of such a proposal to theymos lately as I'm effing sick of those blatant scam attempts by the kids desperate for a couple of coins. Maybe a less stringent set of rules could be applied though (e.g. fulfil one of the restrictions : 100 post count OR 20 hours logged in OR 5 months registered)
BitcoinINV

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:32:47 PM

I agree  with what you said john +1

fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:44:42 PM

Well, I've been thinking of such a proposal to theymos lately as I'm effing sick of those blatant scam attempts by the kids desperate for a couple of coins. Maybe a less stringent set of rules could be applied though (e.g. fulfil one of the restrictions : 100 post count OR 20 hours logged in OR 5 months registered)

If you do this the lending forum won't be any fun at all  Sad

Joking aside, it's a nice idea to make them fulfill one of the restrictions. Would help to clear the board for the copycat, 419-alike loan requests.
waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 05:09:18 PM

I think lenders do a good job of choosing for themselves who to lend to. Implement this and expect newbie loan requests to pop up elsewhere.....
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:18:01 PM

newbie loans popping up elsewhere is fine, it keeps this place clear of the clutter and we can lend to the community itself rather than to questionable outsiders, I agree with this proposal as well, where's theymos when you need him?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:19:44 PM

newbie loans popping up elsewhere is fine, it keeps this place clear of the clutter and we can lend to the community itself rather than to questionable outsiders, I agree with this proposal as well, where's theymos when you need him?
This is like living in a landfill and demanding the garbage be shipped to the nearby residential area.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:25:50 PM

This is like living in a landfill and demanding the garbage be shipped to the nearby residential area.

ban them for making posts about loans, easy fix. Follow the rules, either pm a stickied lender or fulfill the requirements of posting in the subforum, it's not that hard.
AndyRossy

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:28:40 PM

Newbies are high risk, lenders can adjust interest accordingly - there's still a market.  

It detracts from other members who might have legit reps in other places (why does posts/time on a forum make them any more reputable?), or, ppl can put up collat and may not have been around long.

More important, it's also a step away from free market.

We have a "newbie" section already on the forum.  We do not need a secondary "newbie" level.  

I've lent out a few coins here and there, and i've taken a few loans myself.

Anybody can apply for a loan, it's up to the bank to weed them out - not a 3rd party.

AndyRossy

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 06:31:37 PM

And imho more work needs to be done in moderating this forum, stopping non-lenders trashing others threads, or simply posting in reply to a loan request if they have no intention of funds to loan. 
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 08:36:12 PM

I personally see a need for two lending forums - a proper one that is reasonable clean for actual business, and a second one for discussion and other crap that turns up.  I can see a simple situation (two board system) where people post by default into the main board, but threads are moved to the sub board when they are so far off topic they are irrelevant, are simply discussions, obviously not real business, or unfounded (and ponzi talk is included in that irrelevant of which side you think you're on).

The main board would also hold history of previous completed deals and failed details (like John's current list).

Nothing in this stops people from sending pm's directly of lenders making offers.  Also, with the large amount of shit that has been thrown the last few weeks, the forum is at serious risk of business leaving (including my own - I do actually have a web site to shift to).
BitcoinINV

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 08:46:41 PM

And imho more work needs to be done in moderating this forum, stopping non-lenders trashing others threads, or simply posting in reply to a loan request if they have no intention of funds to loan. 

I don't know about better moderators, honestly have not been here long enough to form a opinion about it. But I agree a rule change may need to be made on loan request, maybe only respond if you have a response to the question? and Patrick is also right I think there might need to be a subsection just for loan request so it is easier for the lenders to pick through the trash.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 08:55:08 PM

whatever you do, don't do post count. the last thing i like to see is a bunch of people spamming threads with one liners like "cool" or "nice".

I personally see a need for two lending forums - a proper one that is reasonable clean for actual business, and a second one for discussion and other crap that turns up.  I can see a simple situation (two board system) where people post by default into the main board, but threads are moved to the sub board when they are so far off topic they are irrelevant, are simply discussions, obviously not real business, or unfounded (and ponzi talk is included in that irrelevant of which side you think you're on).

The main board would also hold history of previous completed deals and failed details (like John's current list).

Nothing in this stops people from sending pm's directly of lenders making offers.  Also, with the large amount of shit that has been thrown the last few weeks, the forum is at serious risk of business leaving (including my own - I do actually have a web site to shift to).
While I do like having a "clean" lenders forum, I fear that there might be discontent among users on which lenders are "clean" and which ones are not. Treating new users as second class users and grouping them with potential scammers is not a nice way to treat users new to bitcoin.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 09:15:03 PM

While I do like having a "clean" lenders forum, I fear that there might be discontent among users on which lenders are "clean" and which ones are not. Treating new users as second class users and grouping them with potential scammers is not a nice way to treat users new to bitcoin.

While this is certainly true, I've always found that if it looks like a scammer and quacks like a scammer, chances are it's a scammer.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BitcoinINV

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 09:18:42 PM

whatever you do, don't do post count. the last thing i like to see is a bunch of people spamming threads with one liners like "cool" or "nice".

Yea I got some of that new member scammer thrown on me, but if you want to have trust as a new user do something about it. If they don't then they either do not care enough or they are a scammer lol

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: