Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Req. 5 months registered, 20 hrs. logged in, 60 posts, to post in this subforum.  (Read 1615 times)
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 09:29:33 PM

While I do like having a "clean" lenders forum, I fear that there might be discontent among users on which lenders are "clean" and which ones are not. Treating new users as second class users and grouping them with potential scammers is not a nice way to treat users new to bitcoin.

While this is certainly true, I've always found that if it looks like a scammer and quacks like a scammer, chances are it's a scammer.
Maybe we can have a system as follows:

Code:
Lending
 * Providers
 * Discussion
 * Requests
 * High-risk Loans
 * Low-risk Loans
 * Emergency Loans (Junk loans)

In order, the boards represent:

Lending: General discussion about lending. Open to everyone.

Providers: Providers of lending and their rules
  • Mods can create topics or move topics here
  • All users can post, but OP can lock the thread.
  • Before moving a topic, mods discuss the provider in the Discussion board. If x% of mods in the first y days of discussion agree, the topic is moved to Providers and renamed accordingly.

Discussion: Only mods can post topics and posts. Used for mod voting on entry of loans to the appropriate category or providers to the Providers section.

Requests:
  • All users can post topics, with [PROVIDER] or [LOAN] in the title.
  • No users can post replies in this section; they need to be moved first.
  • Mods decide whether to accept the provider or loan in the Discussion board.

High-risk loans, Low-risk loans
  • Only mods can create or move topics here.
  • All members can post (similar to the current lending section for etiquette.)
  • Before moving a topic, mods discuss the loan in the Discussion board. If z% of mods in the first w days agree that it is low-risk, it is moved to Low-risk loans. After w days, if less than z% of mods agree, it is moved to High-risk loans.

Emergency loans, governed like current Lending section.

Obviously, many more mods need to be appointed for the Lending section. I suggest trusted people without an interest (so as to be neutral) to be considered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 09:37:21 PM

I personally see a need for two lending forums - a proper one that is reasonable clean for actual business, and a second one for discussion and other crap that turns up. 
While I do like having a "clean" lenders forum, I fear that there might be discontent among users on which lenders are "clean" and which ones are not. Treating new users as second class users and grouping them with potential scammers is not a nice way to treat users new to bitcoin.

In my dealings I actually look at the people that turn up, and that principle can be seen in the WPW thread.  New deposit takers (who are also borrowers) get added even if they are new, but there is a warning attached highlighting that they have a limited track-record.  The credit rating system was also introduced to help visitors to this part of the forum to help them avoid some of the worst schemes and demand more transparency from the people they are trusting funds to. 

Part of this is that I hold various bits of information that will remain confidential, and that is part of the business that I run.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 02:53:48 AM

Seems like a good idea, if most of the lenders can come to an agreement (of course they don't have to follow it, but if it fits what most of the lenders feel as safe then it makes for a good reference).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: