Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to get started with mining what to buy?  (Read 1438 times)
DevilHachi (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:53:47 PM

I don't want to spend those sick like 2.5k usd amounts but i still want to be able to make profit from mining.
What miner should i buy and what should i buy to it?

I'd like to make some cash so i someday could make the money back.
Maybe buy another one or so Cheesy

But what miner should i buy? Should i buy a fan too it? if i should buy an usb miner then what should i buy too that.
I wanna know what i need to get started Wink " don't tell me that i should do it with my computer. "

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zekarsalih

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:15:04 PM

I am starting soon and it depends basicly on your goal. If you want to support, try usb since its fun for you and your Electricity Bill.
If you want to start a farm contact me since im a startup tot.
If you want to make bitcoin wilth profit you need very cheap to free elektricity.

Regards
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:37:48 PM

Unless your electricity is free, don't mine! Even with the most expensive and most efficient ASIC miners, you will not see a ROI if your electricity costs are much above zero.
If you can use the heat given off your miner as a by-product, it could also be worth your while, otherwise seriously, save your money and buy some bitcoins if you fancy want to get involved!

Sorry if that isn't the answer you were hoping for.
DevilHachi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:49:16 PM

Unless your electricity is free, don't mine! Even with the most expensive and most efficient ASIC miners, you will not see a ROI if your electricity costs are much above zero.
If you can use the heat given off your miner as a by-product, it could also be worth your while, otherwise seriously, save your money and buy some bitcoins if you fancy want to get involved!

Well i could pretty much get free electricity ( Solar power! )
and i have noticed that alot of chinese miners are investing everything they have in miners right now. That makes me thinking positive about it, well i think that i should invest in miners and " mine " small amounts now and with the hope that the Chinese people were right!

Well, if bitcoin goes under 100% then i'll go on and mine an another coin.
robertgoss

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:38:10 PM

well have you thought about renting GHS online ? may be you can find it cheaper then running a miner yourself ?
just my two cents
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:50:36 PM

There are not so many SHA-256 coins that are worth to mine.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:02:28 AM

I don't want to spend those sick like 2.5k usd amounts but i still want to be able to make profit from mining.

But what miner should i buy? Should i buy a fan too it? if i should buy an usb miner then what should i buy too that.
I wanna know what i need to get started Wink " don't tell me that i should do it with my computer. "

Not possible, you cannot profit mining without spending quite a bit of money.  There are calculators available out there.

If you just want to try it for fun, pick up an S1 for $30 and run it.
DevilHachi (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:18:51 AM

Not possible, you cannot profit mining without spending quite a bit of money.  There are calculators available out there.

Hm, idk.
Now that mining is over what should we do?
Sell electricity?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:02:58 AM

Hm, idk.
Now that mining is over what should we do?
Sell electricity?

I am a little more of a optimist. I say it's not over for all.  But you do need cheap electricity.

Depending on electricity price I would say makes the decision of how efficient of miner, or if mining is a viable option at all.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:38:52 PM

Well i could pretty much get free electricity ( Solar power! )
and i have noticed that alot of chinese miners are investing everything they have in miners right now. That makes me thinking positive about it, well i think that i should invest in miners and " mine " small amounts now and with the hope that the Chinese people were right!

Do you have unlimited free electricity, or essentially unlimited anyway?  If you do, then go for it and invest what you have into miners.

I believe buying second hand would work out cheaper, especially as lots of miners are turning off at the moment.  You can probably swoop in and get a good deal from some of the others on the forum who have recently given up.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:44:13 PM

got 8 ths to sell (8 x dragons miners 1 th each), 1 btc/th  Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:41:04 PM

got 8 ths to sell (8 x dragons miners 1 th each), 1 btc/th  Wink

Make sure to do some ROI math.  If very cheap electricity dragons are pretty rock solid.  Only thing is summer is coming and they do get quite hot on the 1T dragons.

If you look at for example SP20's and S5's watts per T is quite a bit less but they do cost more.
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:43:12 PM

You should either get a S5, or a SP20e. Your best bet though would probably be to buy btc's and trade them outright and try to make a profit.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:41:37 PM

You should either get a S5, or a SP20e. Your best bet though would probably be to buy btc's and trade them outright and try to make a profit.

I am a miner at heart.  But I would agree at in 250's buying straight BTC is not a bad bet. It's climbing a little, but it's been slow after last drop.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 08:29:22 PM

It's $250 a coin man, what's there to think of?  BUY THE COINS PERIOD!   Huh

You mine for like a year with old ass antiquated miners like Antminers or Dragons or Rockminers etc....you're just wasting your money unless you do it farm style.

IF you say you have free electricity, you first have to find out what's the max power capacity of "free".  Nothing is completely free, or there's a probable limit or cap to what's considered free in your case.

I mean if your budget is say $2500, just buy 10 BTC's.  You'll never mine back 10 BTC's no matter what miner you buy...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:27:39 PM

It's $250 a coin man, what's there to think of?  BUY THE COINS PERIOD!   Huh

You mine for like a year with old ass antiquated miners like Antminers or Dragons or Rockminers etc....you're just wasting your money unless you do it farm style.

IF you say you have free electricity, you first have to find out what's the max power capacity of "free".  Nothing is completely free, or there's a probable limit or cap to what's considered free in your case.

I mean if your budget is say $2500, just buy 10 BTC's.  You'll never mine back 10 BTC's no matter what miner you buy...

If you have cheap electricity you can still ROI. Granted at 250 right now buying is quickest probley most profitable.  But for those of us who love mining there is still some to be made.

Granted its taken longer of running.  And i have to change mining setup between winter and summer, to make max profit.  But I enjoy it, and have room for them. Noise, and electricity has not been a issue so far for me.   
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:43:30 PM

If your dead set on getting into mining with that money (simply buying and holding a far better strategy imho) I would strongly recommend that you pick up a few used S1's or S3's just to start off with to give you a baseline in determining what kind of return to expect.

Plenty of factors involved with trying to determine ROI and the odd's of your being able to mine for 6+ months straight without experiencing some kind of issue(s) whether pool related or hardware failure related are about as close to 0 as you can get.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:27:20 AM

If your dead set on getting into mining with that money (simply buying and holding a far better strategy imho) I would strongly recommend that you pick up a few used S1's or S3's just to start off with to give you a baseline in determining what kind of return to expect.

Plenty of factors involved with trying to determine ROI and the odd's of your being able to mine for 6+ months straight without experiencing some kind of issue(s) whether pool related or hardware failure related are about as close to 0 as you can get.

I would disagree from my view.  I have went through a few generations of asics only one that died was a S3 from losing power off during firmware upgrade.   I was able to get a replacement part and all went well.

Which miner's did you have that died within 6 months?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:56:38 PM

i heard that used antminer s1 is good, with cheap electricity, if you want to try to make roi

otherwise the classic antminer s3, or the last s5 with its better nm tech, should consume less

my advice is to try to mine coin at launch also(sha-256, you can't mine others), and not bitcoin only
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: