Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEAS THREAD]After the Evolution disaster, we NEED a decentralized marketplace  (Read 1422 times)
RandomBTCinvestor (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:19:29 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 08:35:50 PM by RandomBTCinvestor

This is why Shadow project is here for everyone.

Don't forget to check out and stay tuned about it. Keep in mind that Shadow project is made for anonymity with a decentralized marketplace.

Also, if you've got some ideas about features you would like to be added.

https://i.imgur.com/m0LSRnM.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:23:20 PM

i think something like that exists already and its in live production environment last i heard. i think its this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZYuelwtZU ... decentralized marketplace on top of a blockchain.. finally someone did it.. seems that its been live since sept-2014.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:29:30 PM

i think something like that exists already and its in live production environment last i heard. i think its this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZYuelwtZU ... decentralized marketplace on top of a blockchain.. finally someone did it.. seems that its been live since sept-2014.

I applaud NXTs efforts but those are digital goods. So far there is no decentralized dark market.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:22:02 AM

Monero guys are working on openbaazar
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:08:11 AM

I applaud NXTs efforts but those are digital goods. So far there is no decentralized dark market.
You also have https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/ for physical goods
RandomBTCinvestor (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:18:37 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113736/snowden-calls-on-tech-companies-to-secure-communications-with-decentralized-encryption

Wait what ? Shadow already has that ? Cheesy
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:32:06 AM

BitBay with unbreakable smart contracts featuring David Zimbeck of the BitHalo and BlackHalo fame.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0

The most important thing is that the buyer nor the seller can be scammed. That's what BitBay is for. How does ShadowMarket guarantee that?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:17:00 PM

Monero guys are working on openbaazar

Source?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:24:33 PM

The issue is not centralization or decentralization of the marketplace as much as it's to make scamming impossible, right?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

This is how a marketplace where you can't get scammed will work:

Hi dzimbeck,

I have invested BitBAY ICO and bought lots more of it when its price crashed. I like the idea of BitBAY and just wanted to be successful.

Last few days , Im trying to understand how it works. I looked at bithalo whitepaper , Ive just confused. I have also watch your video at the conference.

I dont want high level technical details , I want basical framework how it works, If you dont mind.

Basic Scenario:

1-) Bob wants to buy a cellphone and Sally wants to sell her cellphone.

2-) They agree to buy-sell at a certain price and make a contract.

3-) Then , Bob sends his money to double deposit account , and also Sally sends some amount same account (double what Bob sends?) with some timelimit

4-) Then, Sally sends her cellphone to Bob, Bob gets his product

5-) Once he confirms his product as good , then he release initial amount and all deposit goes to Sally's account

Here are my questions:

a) First of all is above scenario correct?

b) How can we be assure Bob is not manipulating the system , saying that I didnt take my product ?

c) Lets say there is a problem with Bobs country's customs and product waits very long time. What will happen? Or in our country cellphone from outside is not allowed. Our custom does not also  send back to sender. They just get the phone. And sell it at an auction.

I have lots of questions but here I have a starting point. Could you please answer my questions ?

Thanks in advance...

Hi EMIF thanks for the support.

First of all you had it correct except its in reverse. If Bob and Sally are total strangers with no trust, then Bob would deposit 1 and advance the amount 1(for the phone). Sally would only deposit 1 to avoid extorting from Bob.

So at first Bob is -2 Sally -1.

Then Sally sends the phone worth 1

So Sally is -2 Bob is -1

If Bob says he didnt get it he is still -1 and just paid double for the phone. If customs really provably had a problem, then Bob should contact Sally and explain. Its up to Bob and Sally to agree before the time runs out or they both lose. Of course insurance is recommended with international packages!

However, if customs took the item, then both Bob and Sally then would want to agree on an extension.

If Bob ever tries to steal the phone he is -1 and will pay for his deception.

If Sally really has no trust for Bob she can even make him pay more deposit before entering a contract. Trust levels is dependent on how new the parties are to the system and what Sally thinks. There is also a rating system so deposits can be lowered after good behavior.

The best part is, BitBay will handle everything automatically. So Sally does not need to worry about deposits. The "Templates" will set those amounts based on recommended levels. She can choose the edit the template and it would show as a "Custom contract"

There is also auctioning/counter-offer system in BitBay. So they can negotiate everything in advance and everyone can bid on prices!
RandomBTCinvestor (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:56:14 PM

ty
illodin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:18:56 AM

CoinPromotion101

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:32:43 AM

Nice looking wallet and a built in decentralized marketplace built in what are you guys waiting for? If it is drugs you are after of a market place then i feel sorry for you and that will only end up badly anyway. 
illodin

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:55:06 PM

BitBay with unbreakable smart contracts featuring David Zimbeck of the BitHalo and BlackHalo fame.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0

The most important thing is that the buyer nor the seller can be scammed. That's what BitBay is for. How does ShadowMarket guarantee that?

Is this known yet?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:17:25 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg10888788#msg10888788

As far as I know Syscoin is ahead its competitors in the building of a decentralized marketplace.
They have just entered the public beta testing.

http://syscoin.market/#/

I have a 'feeling' Syscoin is ahead here... but I agree... that marketing they have ( and notice in articles like that one ) we don't have.... so perhaps, besides smart Devs, Syscoin needs a marketing guru to step in....

I have a 'feeling' Syscoin is ahead here... but I agree... that marketing they have ( and notice in articles like that one ) we don't have.... so perhaps, besides smart Devs, Syscoin needs a marketing guru to step in....

We're very aware of this but also that we need to make sure our offering / distinction from SDC is clear when we put out those marketing materials. SDC does NOT store offers on the blockchain, you have to have your node up and running at all times to sell your goods. SYS stores offers on the chain, so long as ANY Syscoin node is up, your items can be purchased. MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

Also, because SYS offers are backed by the chain they are also more secure in that they are harder to fake, forge, etc. There are other advantages to using SYS that I can't disclose yet due to ongoing partnership discussions but you're right- we do need to step up marketing now that "the race is on" but I still feel our tech is well ahead of the competition (decentralized-market wise).

I'm working on rolling out the Blockmarket Beta3 web UI right now, give me a few hrs and I'll have it and the blog post about it up Smiley

Also something to point out is that SDC is clearly targeting the 1% of the global market that wants to use their platform for (lets be honest)- "Darknet" purchases. While the SYS team makes no stipulations on what you can and can't sell on the SYS blockchain, nor do we have any control over it- we are really thinking and targeting SYS towards more mainstream use cases (the 99%)- thus integrations with Magento, Press2Shop, etc. Challenging eBay and Craigslist. Acting as a redundancy mechanism for mainstream merchants like Amazon- we WILL be approaching these parties when the time is right. These are the type of players you approach once you have a complete and holistic offering which Blockmarket is evolving into being along with the syscoin-api already publicly available in our GitHub repo.

While it is inevitable that SYS will probably materialize in a DNM fashion in one form or another [first], that's not our main target. That being said, the flexibility the SYS decentralized market implementation offers through public, private, and curated markets is another value-add that the competition's implementation does not support. We're watching the competition closely; SDC has good marketing, but I think other competitors that store their offers on-chain are a much bigger threat... and there aren't that many of them out there Wink

We'll be reaching out to journos very soon now that beta 3 is more tightly integrated with the wallet, sorry but to me that motherboard article read like a paid plug piece for SDC. Good marketing for sure though! We're taking note, the value of marketing like that is not lost on us  Wink

They are genuine guys tho.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:30:34 AM

There is a centralized site running a freemarket node in the background and acting as a pass thru to the service at:

freemarketlite.cc

You can browse/buy/sell there, or download the freemarket software with nxt for a decentralized node.
RandomBTCinvestor (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:47:52 AM

Nice looking wallet and a built in decentralized marketplace built in what are you guys waiting for? If it is drugs you are after of a market place then i feel sorry for you and that will only end up badly anyway. 

Well... I've got nothing to add dude :/

Anyway... Thanks to the investors who put their money in the dev' so they can work properly ! Shadow has done so much without fulltime dev that I can't imagine how far they will jump now Cheesy

Don't forget to come on our IRC chat guys ! Here it is : kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash
WealthyBastard

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:34:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4fsaswc.png

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

Thank you all for your support!

By the way, the ShadowCash dev' team and community is now using Slack, you folks better come here for the upcoming annoncements !
https://shadowproject.slack.com/messages/general/team/sdcdev/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: