Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:39:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin aka DASH - The biggest ongoing SCAM in crypto  (Read 48624 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:40:36 AM

Exactly my idea, selling point is "No Premine" yet won't put the instamine comment or tag anywhere visible.

Where does it even say no premine any more? It was in the thread title in the past but it's been gone for a long time.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:51:05 AM

Exactly my idea, selling point is "No Premine" yet won't put the instamine comment or tag anywhere visible.

Where does it even say no premine any more? It was in the thread title in the past but it's been gone for a long time.

If you go back several months the title changed long ago...not sure when.

Oh well not important.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:07:13 PM

Masternodes are terrible for privacy

That depends on whether you base your criteria on the cash or credit model of modern money.

You're idea of "privacy" is characterised by the example on the right of the illustration in this commentary. Dash is implementing the one on the left for which masternodes are the perfect solution.
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:17:07 PM

Oh well not important.

Did a quick check, the "No Premine" was removed 1.5 years ago - why do you consider it to be a "selling point" today?

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:35:43 PM

Did a quick check, the "No Premine" was removed 1.5 years ago - why do you consider it to be a "selling point" today?

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of good trollin'.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Masternodes are terrible for privacy

That depends on whether you base your criteria on the cash or credit model of modern money.

You're idea of "privacy" is characterised by the example on the right of the illustration in this commentary. Dash is implementing the one on the left for which masternodes are the perfect solution.

Depends if you think depending on a human point of failure is a flawed security model or not. If you don't, then you deserve the privacy you get.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 12:47:36 PM

Oh well not important.

Too bad it was still there in specifications as of Sept 5 of this year (a month and half ago):

https://web.archive.org/web/20150905225343/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

Depends if you think depending on a human point of failure is a flawed security model or not. If you don't, then you deserve the privacy you get.

No it doesn't actually. It depends on what I just posted earlier.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:17:58 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 02:55:44 PM by toknormal

The problem you folks have isn’t Dash’s “instamine”. It’s this:

Back in the spring of last year, Dash (then Darkcoin) demonstrated that there was some mileage in improving on bitcoin’s anonymity support by doing something about fungibility.

That created a bit of a bandwagon and Cryptonote appeared. Only Cryptonote kind of threw the baby out with the bathwater by adopting the credit model of money (which emobodys a private record keeping paradigm as opposed to an open, anonymous cash paradigm). Not only that, it paid a heavy price for adopting the “wrong” paradigm by completely ditching the bitcoin commercial interface and attempting to re-invent the cryptocurrency wheel from the ground up.

There might have been a case for doing that a couple of years ago when the “battle of the alts” commenced and there was some doubt as to whether bitcoin’s supremacy would be challenged. That case is now well and truly buried and with it the fortunes of ‘credit-money based privacy coins’ such as cryptonote.

Despite a year long campaign of plastering all known avenues on BCT with Monero propaganda, all it has done is loose value apart from the odd margin traded pump. Dash has also lost value but the difference is that it has a future because it did not make the fundamental mistakes in strategic monetary priorities that Monero did.

Dash DID adopt the anonymous cash model instead of the ‘private’ credit model. It DID keep itself compatible and compliant with the Bitcoin eco-system. And it DID establish a mechanism for sustaining the growth in payment processors, mobile solutions and quality independent blockchain services. Because of that it's now in a healthy position to deploy one of the most ambitious roadmaps in the whole crypto sector.

So all that’s left for the types who start threads like this is to chew away at Dash’s launch issues in the hope that it might clear some space for coin who’s monetary shortfalls would hamper its adoption even if it was the only crypto left on the planet.

It’s an embarrassing sight.

Not least because of the damage you do to your own fellow holder’s prospects, most of whom probably represent a silent majority that would rather see something more than a year-late useable wallet, a bloat database and a hate campaign as the reward for their patience.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 01:29:39 PM

Dash’s “instamine”.

Dash's instamine is hella shady.

Why wasn't the "bug" that supposedly caused Dash's instamine caught on testnet?  Dash does have a testnet and is open source, right?

Why wasn't the coin relaunched after such a failed fiasco of a first 48 hours?

"Accidently" suddenly mining 10% of the total coins after telling everyone it's OK to go to sleep is too suspicious.

Advertising "No Premine" is a distinction without a difference and misleading snake oil salesmanship.

Technicalities aside, Dash's instamine was, for everyone not named Evan Scamfield, a premine.  We don't need him to come and 'Duff-splain' all about how Dash's instamine is actually a good thing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:48:33 PM

Oops..look who's up here on stage parading in front of 2000 people with Andreas. One of iCEBREAKER's favourite 'scamcoins'.

I'm starting to think you're a double agent  Wink

sH1TBREAKER

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:55:07 PM

Dash's instamine is hella shady.

Dash instamine isn't something to be proud of, but you know what's really shady Eduardo? Scamming tons of investors as the CEO of a scam company called HashFast.

You are a shame to the XMR community, atleast the rest of the XMR members can lead a polite conversation unlike you in several threads in this forum. Aren't you in any form related to Josh Garza?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 02:08:40 PM

Here' the problem that the instamine introduces and a relaunch would have solved:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimatum_game

For a genius visionary  Roll Eyes , Evan comes up lacking in the foresight department.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:13:14 PM

Really now Monero, get real 1.5 years with nothing new. After you copied Bytecoin "which is still above you on marketcap" all you did was changing lines on ur code.

Jealous much of Evan? he invented X11 and now many other coins have X11....he created Masternodes ohh look many others have Masternodes in their coins, I am not surprised the guy when he talks he delivers. AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE DASH

Now what makes you think I should leave all this and come to Monero? did Fluffy do something besides copying others? I don't follow sheep followers like him or Smooth.

We have a saying if ur house is made of glass don't throw ur neighbors with bricks YOU also had a problem at ur launch but guess what haters gonna hate!

You try so hard to trash Dash but again don't look up its waaaay above you, look down Rubycoin is alrdy catching up to you!

You're Cry"p"to about it here in forums type of developers are a joke and you're toxic community is worse, if you just kept ur self upgraded with new things into you're OWN coin and actually developed it instead of whining to Whitecoin/DASH/Shadowcash/Litecoin....Many more guess what ppl will come! I know I know it's not ur way.

Now tell me more about ur coin and how a gambling site "MoneroDice" is doing Fluffy takes 10% of all coins there awesome! hmm what else you have a GAME! wow my WHOLE family will be crazy about you now. This alone should take over like the entire HALF OF EARTH.

Stop this none sense I won't come over to you're coin unless you actually do some work and stop the hate and STOP being the HERO who wanna save ME in my ANN THREAD!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:18:23 PM

Here' the problem that the instamine introduces and a relaunch would have solved

LoL !

No it isn't. Thats called desperation from Dash detractors who are rapidly running our of material.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 02:25:13 PM

Here' the problem that the instamine introduces and a relaunch would have solved

LoL !

No it isn't. Thats called desperation from Dash detractors who are rapidly running our of material.

We have an instamine, a clumsy method of privacy, a mash-up of algos that fails to recognize that the whole is only is only as strong as the weakest link, and a governance system that is centralized around the instaminers. I think that's a good running  list, but I'm sure Evan will borrow another bad idea and slap an x on it soon enough.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:26:36 PM

Check facts at least, scumbags  Wink

If you want to deal in facts I have presented facts backed up with links.

Care you refute anything I posted in my post above instead of playing on the tune of ethics theatre?

Your claimed facts are wrong

[...]

Interesting when chain coin appears to be using the same 11 algorithms (just in a different order). Note date of launch. About 2 months prior:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.msg4592564#msg4592564

[...]

Both coins were launched on 2014-01-19 - additionally the ChainCoin dev states that the similarity is "purely coincidence".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.msg4602074#msg4602074

It uses an algorithm similar to XCoin (11 hashes, but in a different order). This is purely coincidence, I already had the client developed a couple of days ago. XCoin uses the Litecoin base afaik and ChainCoin uses a Bitcoin base and includes transaction messages.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:28:47 PM

Check facts at least, scambags  Wink

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:37:34 PM

Check facts at least, scambags  Wink

There is no better fact than block 0 timestamp
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.msg12665512#msg12665512

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:43:58 PM

Check facts at least, scambags  Wink

They seem not to use their brains.

Throw a bone and they're going "woof woof" without thinking...LOL
Not that I expect anything more.
No more bumps for this ridiculousness from me.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: