Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account UNIBTC hacked/stolen  (Read 1680 times)
unibtcwashacked (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:57:20 PM

My account unibtc was hacked/stolen.. I have no idea how..It must be some site promoted here and i used the same username with the same password..Anyway, the  Email and password was changed.. My last post is this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974147.msg10759505#msg10759505 Any other post/threads/pms after that is not me. Please trade with caution.

I have also sent a PM to theymos with a signed message.

If any of the admins/mods that has the power to recover my account, im willing to pm you a signed message proving that the account is mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:00:34 PM

If any of the admins/mods that has the power to recover my account, im willing to pm you a signed message proving that the account is mine.

Only theymos handle those requests. If you did whole recovery process correct you have to wait.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:08:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=404322

Your last post was on March 13, 2015. If it was hacked, shouldn't it say password reset or recently changed password? If the hacker hasn't changed your password you should still be able to log in.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 08:18:56 PM

Password change only shows up on a user's trust page for 3 days, reset will be shown for 30 days.

https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php will show both for 30 days.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:19:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=404322

Your last post was on March 13, 2015. If it was hacked, shouldn't it say password reset or recently changed password? If the hacker hasn't changed your password you should still be able to log in.

My last post(real me) was March 13, 2015, 10:20:53 AM.. And after that there was another post, March 13, 2015, 11:10:55 AM  which i did not made, and the latest was March 17, 2015, 02:51:01 AM which i also did not made..

I dont know where it says resets password or what, but one thing is for sure, i cannot login to my account, i cannot reset the account since it says email is not found even tho i'm 100% sure its the correct email which i get notifications from bitcointalk before.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:33:04 PM

If you want to leave a signed message here I can leave negative feedback on that account until you get it back. Might help prevent damage being done.
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:50:41 PM

If you want to leave a signed message here I can leave negative feedback on that account until you get it back. Might help prevent damage being done.
Yes sure.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is a public message to prove that i own the account unibtc
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1Uni1bGoEeDfdW2skwv2JihHrnrJe5RQf
G1WeLwAki5AMekuLDwOHDj8hoy++bArCUy0+DAIBcZzYR1CH7xENR19b0OO4brLyEmRhdrCqK73879Xv+w1r0Ec=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

The unedited post where i posted that address is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943431.msg10682681#msg10682681
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:00:18 PM

Yes sure.

This is a public message to prove that i own the account unibtc
G1WeLwAki5AMekuLDwOHDj8hoy++bArCUy0+DAIBcZzYR1CH7xENR19b0OO4brLyEmRhdrCqK73879Xv+w1r0Ec=

Message verified, are you sure that you have not sold the account to someone?
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:02:37 PM

Nope i have not, and i dont intend to.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

We will see what happens. I left both accounts a negative rating for now.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:12:51 PM

As did I. You really should take better care of your account however and not reuse passwords, especially when the potential for damage is so great.

If I see evidence of an account sale then I will remove my feedback however

edit: I don't see how unibtcwashacked could possibly be an imposter if he produced an (undated) signed message - this could easily be cleared up with a more specific, dated signed message
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:21:56 PM

As did I. You really should take better care of your account however and not reuse passwords, especially when the potential for damage is so great.

If I see evidence of an account sale then I will remove my feedback however

edit: I don't see how unibtcwashacked could possibly be an imposter if he produced an (undated) signed message - this could easily be cleared up with a more specific, dated signed message

sure. Here is the dated signed message:

This is a public message to prove that i own the account unibtc. Date signed: March 19, 2015
HGL6lUtPSGRPw9u47Uot8q55mD11KTVpk/4g9IVuLaEE78+Y6NnR+13xAHpHr/fulYeKq7GWCb6eottCONB4nHg=

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:27:26 PM

-snip-

Its just my typical reaction to these claims, but you are correct in this case its not warranted.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:21:41 AM

I would like to request that if in maybe 24hrs i still dont have my account back(which i know that recovering accounts is the least priority), admins/mods, Please just ban the account unibtc. I have used that name on many sites, and any scam accusation against it will cost me my reputation. If there is any needed proof, I can provide it all.

I can provide, the old email, the old password, the time/date when the account was created, any/all pms that have been made and sent on my email before it got hacked. I also own the domain Bitsolve.me, which i have started a thread using unibtc before, i can also give proof for that domain. i can also give proof that the twitter account used on the thread used above for signature is mine.

Thanks
unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:55:55 PM

Im guessing i cant get this account back  Cry
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:01:05 PM

You might be waiting awhile. I suggest moving on to another account because there is no guarantee you will get your account back.

The account is almost worthless with all the negative feedback. Not something I would recommend but how about trying to make a deal with the hacker to get it back.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:06:15 PM

You might be waiting awhile. I suggest moving on to another account because there is no guarantee you will get your account back.

The account is almost worthless with all the negative feedback. Not something I would recommend but how about trying to make a deal with the hacker to get it back.

I have seen the quickseller negative trust : previous owner of account claims his account was hacked. Will remove upon seeing evidence the account was sold.

Maybe it is really a sold account and the previous owner (not the original owner) is trying to get-back it. In these days we have seen a lot of "hacked forum accounts" and the buying & selling of them is very risky (as business).

unibtcwashacked (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:41:50 AM

Well im not gonna put my hopes up for this..I am the first and original owner.. Never sold and never will..But with all the proofs i have given and can give, I guess its really a shot to the moon.. I'm just going to move on and start from the beginning..

Thanks for anyone who tried to help. This will be my last post on this account, i'll be creating another one which will be my main account.. I will still monitor this thread just incase miracle happens.

Have a good day everyone.
Uni
unibtc

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:14:56 AM

Hi,
Thanks for making this thread because I had no idea this account was hacked. Someone sold this to me and I've been using it lately just on and off in the community and planned on joining a sig campaign later on.
I am happy to give you the account back but im out .1BTC as that's how much I paid for this account.
I know I am probably scammed but I guess this is my fault for not doing research on the account and my seller :/

What I wonder though is why you just claimed it stolen but I've had possession for nearly a week?Huh

Contact me and we can work out how to get this back in your possession. Hopefully we can sort this out Smiley

Best regards
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 03:24:12 AM

Hi,
Thanks for making this thread because I had no idea this account was hacked. Someone sold this to me and I've been using it lately just on and off in the community and planned on joining a sig campaign later on.
I am happy to give you the account back but im out .1BTC as that's how much I paid for this account.
I know I am probably scammed but I guess this is my fault for not doing research on the account and my seller :/

What I wonder though is why you just claimed it stolen but I've had possession for nearly a week?Huh

Contact me and we can work out how to get this back in your possession. Hopefully we can sort this out Smiley

Best regards

Did you get any signed message when you bought the account? Is there any public thread related to this sale? When exactly did you buy it?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: