Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcredit/CRE - first sidechain, claimable from Bitcoin, pow/pod  (Read 12914 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:18:43 PM

I do have a question about the "Claiming" process, what is the ratio for bitcoin to CRE? Like one of my wallets has about 300 transactions and a "total received" of 4.4697 BTC ... would I only get 4.4697 CRE, or what is the deal there?

Yes, that is correct. The ratio between the coins are 1:1. There will be a maximum of 30 million bitcredits at the most. 15 million of those are claimable from Bitcoin. Considering that the block creation process is driven by a combined proof-of-work/proof-of-deposit algorithm, you will increase your chances of getting block creation rewards with help from your claimed coins.

Due to that the mining difficulty at the moment is at it's lowest, and will adjust upwards in a few days, you should probably try out mining if you want to gain some more bitcredits.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:26:09 PM

Whenever I launch the bitcredit QT, I keep getting "Bitcredit: No block source available..." "2 weeks behind"
What's that about o.O

the bitcoin is synching just fine, 4 yrs 3 weeks behind right now

This is not an error, it is due to that the Bitcredit blockchain is waiting for the Bitcoin blockchain download before it can start synching. Unfortunately the ui progress for Bitcredit-Qt needs improvement with regards to displaying the initial download.

The initial sync of the two chains are unfortunately a pain right now. Will look into possibility of distributing a torrent or bootstrap.dat.

Open debug.log in the Bitcredit working directory to see the progress more clearly. See this thread for some more information:
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:33:49 PM

Whenever I launch the bitcredit QT, I keep getting "Bitcredit: No block source available..." "2 weeks behind"
What's that about o.O

Give it time to connect to the network.. Mine took about 2 minutes before it say peers on the bitcredit network.
I've had the QT launched for about 15 minutes now :/
Bitcoin sync is at 3 yrs 30 weeks now ----- 8 active connections to the network
Bitcredit still No block source available ----- 6 active connections to the network

See other reply. Bitcredit blockchain will not start synching until Bitcoin blockchain is downloaded. Once that is done, the very first bitcredit block being downloaded will cause a VERY long (hours) intialisation of the bitcoin-bitcredit chainstate.

Post here or on http://bitcredit-currency.org if you need more help.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

What's that about o.O

Give it time to connect to the network.. Mine took about 2 minutes before it say peers on the bitcredit network.
Bitcredit still No block source available ----- 6 active connections to the network

Strange. Mine says 2 weeks behind but it hasn't moved as I assume that its waiting to downlaod another 2 and a half years of BTC Blockchain first.. lol
Let it download the  BTCb blockchain. It seems to have priority over the Bitcredit blockchain off startup.

You are probably experiencing the initial interchain chainstate sync. For the moment that sync can take several hours on a normal pc. It is unfortunately a pain, and can be avoided with an up to date working directory download. Will look into possibility of distributing one. See link for more info on syncing process.
http://bitcredit-currency.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:47:09 PM

What's that about o.O

When I synced up I had to wait for the bitcoin blockchain to sync before it would sync the bitcredit blockchain.

May I ask if you did get it to work eventually?

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:02:31 PM

What's that about o.O

When I synced up I had to wait for the bitcoin blockchain to sync before it would sync the bitcredit blockchain.

Yes it started working after about 1.5 days of syncing (bitcoin), I was able to start mining shortly after.

I had some issues with a memory leak or maybe just the client using alot of memory while syncing the BTC bockchain.

I just want to add, this is an interesting coin. I think I'll keep mining it with one of my computers.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 06:17:36 PM

What's that about o.O

Yes it started working after about 1.5 days of syncing (bitcoin), I was able to start mining shortly after.

I had some issues with a memory leak or maybe just the client using alot of memory while syncing the BTC bockchain.

I just want to add, this is an interesting coin. I think I'll keep mining it with one of my computers.

I am currently using the BitcoinQT wallet to sync my bootsrap to attempt to mine this.. It's taking almost 500MB of ram.
The Bitcredit on the other hand was only taking around 325MB while running.. Not bad.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:51:06 PM

What's that about o.O

That is very good to hear. Keep an eye here and on the board http://bitcredit-currency.org/. It will continually be updated with more information and detailed descriptions on usage and on the Bitcredit protocol. Source will be published eventually.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:57:14 PM

What's that about o.O

I am currently using the BitcoinQT wallet to sync my bootsrap to attempt to mine this.. It's taking almost 500MB of ram.
The Bitcredit on the other hand was only taking around 325MB while running.. Not bad.

Would you mind giving an explanation on how you have used the bootstrap to get the client running, in the "normal" bitcoin way or some other way?

And do you mean that you have gotten a miner started?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:57:49 PM

What's that about o.O

See link to forum. bootstrap has to be renamed bitcoin_bootstrap.dat, this specific functionality also untested.
http://bitcredit-currency.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21&p=143#p143

melwinder

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:16:06 AM

Can you give an estimate to how many coins you are mining per hour///per day, and with what does it mine, CPU or GPU?
CPU I have Intel i5 4670 @ 3.60 GH/z
GPU I have Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970Ghz Edition @ 1.2 GHz
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:00:45 AM

Only 24K BTC blocks behind.. Then going to attempt to transplant the BTC blockchain to Bitcredit. WIsh me luck.
Hope this works or it was a whole day wasted. :/

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fielding

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:28:24 AM

how to mine this?

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.Snxk6g6mdycdCeWoAQcWtsRsmPJGaGMywb
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:36:19 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 05:12:37 AM by MRKLYE

how to mine this?

Download the Bitcredit client. Sync it to both the BTC and CRE blockchains and it mines from what I have heard.

I am *this* close to attempting a BTC blockchain transplant and seeing if it works. Really hoping it does.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:38:45 AM

how to mine this?

Download the Bitcredit client. Sync it to both the BTC and BRE blockchains and it mines from what I have heard.

I am *this* close to attempting a BTC blockchain transplant and seeing if it works. Really hoping it does.

You did see that if you are going to go the bootstrap.dat route it have to be named "bitcoin_bootstrap.dat", apart from that it should be done the same way? And that it is an untested feature?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:47:30 AM

Will you be making it possible to claim coins without downloading the bitcoin blockchain?

For the moment, no, there are no way to make a claim unless the whole blockchain is downloaded. In time online sites will probably appear that can help you with such a process but for the moment, unfortunately no.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:02:10 AM

how to mine this?

You can find full instructions on the coin board:
http://bitcredit-currency.org/

More specifically, in the getting started section there are instructions on how to download and install, get the blockchains in sync and then start mining:
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18
Install: http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
Verify that blockchain is in sync (takes approx 1.5 days, unless you bootstrap the process): http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17
Start mining: http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:08:17 AM

New section added on the mechanics behind deposits:

http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24

MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:41:15 PM

Attempting a BTC Blockchain transplant into the Bitcredit client.. Hopefully this works.

I'll post back here with an update once things are done moving around. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:06:00 PM

Can you give an estimate to how many coins you are mining per hour///per day, and with what does it mine, CPU or GPU?
CPU I have Intel i5 4670 @ 3.60 GH/z
GPU I have Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970Ghz Edition @ 1.2 GHz

Not many people are mining right now so its the best time to get on this. If I had to estimate I would guess about 4000 - 5000 coins /day with your CPU at the current difficulty. Its wallet mining only so you can point your GPU to something else at the same time. Just make sure to leave a CPU thread for the GPU mining program.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: