Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:41:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I already sold all my coins... waiting to get back at $200  (Read 4386 times)
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:39:38 AM

Well, most bottoms have a retest eventually and testing 150 would be healthy and the least expected by the sounds of things on this thread.  I suspect we test 150 over the coming weeks.  It would actually be a healthy event for a sustained bull run.

With current situation on the bitcoin scene, you cant go and retest 150$, it would be insane. If u only said something like 220-230 i would be ok with that, its perfectly possible
that could happen, but 150$? that would mean 50% decline from recent price tank, and it would have to be something major to affect bitcoin to loose half the marketcap practically ovenight.
Not to mention the psychological effect it would have on investors, knowing they lost half the value in a blink of an eye..things just dont work that way.

cheers

I agree, yet the Evolution scam could keep the price supressed for months on end. The persons behind the heist of all those coins will find a safe place (probably some Chinese exchange) to liquidate all those coins. The prospect of tens of thousands of coins hitting the market (I believed it was more than 100.000?) is not really soothing.
stckpkr7000

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:42:21 AM

Wow, certainly hit a nerve with a VERY possible scenerio.  Bitcoin is INCREDIBLY volatile and the last drop to 150 happened with almost zero news.  It dropped from 640ish to 150 in the matter of 3 months or so.  Listen, I'm not a "passive aggressive" sort as I have nothing to gain from playing psychological games with people I'll never meet.  I traded professionally for several years and I managed a small fund.  The contrarian play tends to work rather well.  Bitcoin could EASILY shott straight back to 300 and start a long needed bull trend, however I'm leaning towards the retest.  Good luck and please save your emotional responses for the trolls.......  I'm not looking for it.  Agreed to disagree and move along.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:47:42 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 01:51:30 AM by calme

Yes, I was also a cultist and a permabulltard once. But I managed to get out of the cult.

You'll probably escape the cult too some day.

was what i was referring to and wasn't directed toward you.  Cool
stckpkr7000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:43:41 AM

Ah ok, no worries.  I'm a Bitcoin bull for the record and I see great things over the coming years.  Bear markets tend to come to an end when the greatest of bulls capitulate and throw in the towel.  We might already be trneding up and moving into a new bull phase, but one last shake out wouldn't shock me.  Nobody truly knows and only time will tell.  Good luck to you!
calme

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:52:23 AM

Ah ok, no worries.  I'm a Bitcoin bull for the record and I see great things over the coming years.  Bear markets tend to come to an end when the greatest of bulls capitulate and throw in the towel.  We might already be trneding up and moving into a new bull phase, but one last shake out wouldn't shock me.  Nobody truly knows and only time will tell.  Good luck to you!

you too. i'll be buying regardless of price direction.  Grin
stckpkr7000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:54:46 AM

me too.....  I'll simply dollar cost average in every 2 weeks as I have been for a very long time now. 
stckpkr7000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:01:44 AM

This is the chart that's giving me pause for the time being.  I would LOVE to buy more coins under 200, but who knows? 

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:31:20 AM

$200 coins they said
BitBOOM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:34:19 AM

A lot of big things are in the works and the infrastructure is growing by the day as well as merchant adoption. I wouldn't be surprised if we drop below $200 again but long term I think we will look back and see todays price as a bargain Smiley

OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:17:38 AM

A lot of big things are in the works and the infrastructure is growing by the day as well as merchant adoption. I wouldn't be surprised if we drop below $200 again but long term I think we will look back and see todays price as a bargain Smiley

There are lots of investments into bitcoin infrastructure. This will help merchant adoption. Slowly, bitcoin will become more popular. Even if BTC is used in 1% of money transaction in 10 years, its value will be realized.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:37:32 AM

The dot com boom was a kick in the arse for plenty of smart bag holders, that who knew the future  Grin
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:24:48 AM

Really don't know how to trat the current market, to be honest.... It could go either way, but I think we may remain at this level for a bit... bounce around $260 until there's a breakout... up!!!

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:46:00 PM

I don't recall ever being called a cultist for buying stocks and bonds each month, not sure why buying private money is any different.

Do you think there's a chance Bitcoin could fail (as a speculative long term investment)? Do you think it could trend downwards from here, never to get back above ... say ... $400?
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:32:40 AM

Well, most bottoms have a retest eventually and testing 150 would be healthy and the least expected by the sounds of things on this thread.  I suspect we test 150 over the coming weeks.  It would actually be a healthy event for a sustained bull run.

With current situation on the bitcoin scene, you cant go and retest 150$, it would be insane. If u only said something like 220-230 i would be ok with that, its perfectly possible
that could happen, but 150$? that would mean 50% decline from recent price tank, and it would have to be something major to affect bitcoin to loose half the marketcap practically ovenight.
Not to mention the psychological effect it would have on investors, knowing they lost half the value in a blink of an eye..things just dont work that way.

cheers
People are starting to lose their mind because of the down trend, trying to find that perfect price to buy in back, and as always at the end of the day those profiting will be the whales.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:37:59 AM

It's always refreshing to see dozens of bulltards get proven wrong by one or two bears.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:22:38 AM

Op, probably has more chances of getting back at a cheaper price. 1. Fear is what gets the prices cheap, so as long there is plenty of it, you`ll be able to buy back in anytime.

I only say this based on a peoples charts indicating ahead of double digits, and thats based on a few points on some people selling a huge amount of coins out there already.

flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:57:10 AM

The graphs don't lie.  This market is still in a downward trend.  A strong one at that.  Until there is a huge spike to the upside (no, bouncing up to 250 or even 270 does not constitute a strong reversal of market trend)...then this is still in free fall.

Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:06:18 AM

Maybe even lower, depending how fast it reaches 200.
Sorry to tell you my friend but you have fucked up.
We won't be heading down to 200 anytime soon if even ever  Roll Eyes

Much knowledge in this , indeed was it

Aren't you prediction is wrong ?
It's impossible bitcoin price get back aqt $200, it's just too low Sad

I think after this bitcoin price will rise up Roll Eyes

Impossible was not what about to happen is
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: