Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1  (Read 1502 times)
TimSweat (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

TimSweat

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:14:54 AM

I just have a quick question , hopefully someone can give me some advice .

I have and Antminer S1 and a gawminer Bitfury , , now here is the catch , my internet has a data cap of 300gb a month , How much of that 300gb would my 2 little miners use ?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:54:48 PM

I have and Antminer S1 and a gawminer Bitfury , , now here is the catch , my internet has a data cap of 300gb a month , How much of that 300gb would my 2 little miners use ?

I cannot say exact amount.  But miners are normally pretty small on data usage.   

Which miner do you mean with gawminer bitfury?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:05:20 PM

S1 use very little data. Comes down to the data it uses and what pool and also difficulty you have the miner set to mine on. Might want to just get a monitor tool for the url its using and port etc and monitor the data used on it. Maybe looking at 1Gig or less next to nothing so with your data limits per month you should be fine.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:30:14 PM

If you have a data cap then you have a way to monitor your data usage.  Run your miners for a couple days and extrapolate to see what they'll use in a month.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:27:04 PM

Don't worry dude, with 300Gb quota you will be fine  Smiley
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:17:48 AM

I'd be surprised if you used more than 500MB per month with both rigs.
TimSweat (OP)

TimSweat

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:23:35 PM

I have the bitfury , its like 1.2-1.4 mgh .

And thanks for all the replies on the help . I had forgot I posted this to see if anyone had any ideal on what they would use . Our cap is flying though the roof for some reason and i had to stop my mining for the moment . We cant figure out why or what it is . My son and me didnt thik it would be the miners since I use minerspool , supernova , coinminers and manhattenminer as my pools . i just didnt believe it was using that much to begin with .

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:47:26 AM

And thanks for all the replies on the help . I had forgot I posted this to see if anyone had any ideal on what they would use . Our cap is flying though the roof for some reason and i had to stop my mining for the moment . We cant figure out why or what it is . My son and me didnt thik it would be the miners since I use minerspool , supernova , coinminers and manhattenminer as my pools . i just didnt believe it was using that much to begin with .

I'll bet you're leaving your bitcoin wallet open. If so, that's where your bandwidth is going. The wallet can easily take a few GB per day, while mining is measured in KB or MB. Turn your wallet off, and your miners back on.
TimSweat (OP)

TimSweat

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:51:12 AM

I'll bet you're leaving your bitcoin wallet open. If so, that's where your bandwidth is going. The wallet can easily take a few GB per day, while mining is measured in KB or MB. Turn your wallet off, and your miners back on.

So your saying the miners shouldn't use but very little and the wallets alot . If that is the case then i know where part of it is going .

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:40:43 AM

So your saying the miners shouldn't use but very little and the wallets alot . If that is the case then i know where part of it is going .

The miner should be very small.  Depending on wallet yes that could be it.  Look in router and see if it shows bandwidth per item on it.

If core wallet, yes i would close that on a restricted bandwidth internet plan.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

they use nothing basically, i tried with two g-blade asic and they were using about 60kbps at peak and only when finding shares, so not always

i think it will be the same for the s1 or every other device
TimSweat (OP)

TimSweat

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:55:37 AM

they use nothing basically, i tried with two g-blade asic and they were using about 60kbps at peak and only when finding shares, so not always

I want to thank everyone for their input . All the searching I did , I could really find nothing . After the wallet was mentioned , it kind of made sense to me since its downloading the block chain nonstop , especially when staking . Result , wallet got shut , I now have internet with a 300gb cap , and an internet with no cap at
1 mb download , but that one is on a trial of if I like , I keep it .

So in short thank to everyone for their input on this problem .

Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:07:45 AM

I want to thank everyone for their input . All the searching I did , I could really find nothing . After the wallet was mentioned , it kind of made sense to me since its downloading the block chain nonstop , especially when staking . Result , wallet got shut , I now have internet with a 300gb cap , and an internet with no cap at
1 mb download , but that one is on a trial of if I like , I keep it .

So in short thank to everyone for their input on this problem .

Yes, if you run wallet core, then it's will used many data since it's always updating. I am using mycelium wallet on android phone, it's didn't used many data  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: