Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mac 2.03 2FA not working  (Read 840 times)
jillybob (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:44:20 PM

I upgraded my wallet from 1.98 to 2.03 using Windows 7, setting up my new wallet with 2 factor authentication, and it works perfectly for sending BTC from this new wallet.

However, having upgraded my mac 1.98 wallet too (which wasn't as straightforward - same problems as others had), and then tried to create a new 2 FA wallet by importing the seed from my Windows created wallet, it synchronises without issue, but I am unable to use 2FA - it just sends straight after entering my password.  Under plugins, 2FA is not greyed out, but there is no tick against it.  When I try to select it, the box is ticket and the message comes up that 2FA has been enabled, but then when you click OK, it goes back to being unselected.

I tried setting up a new 2FA wallet from mac, but it crashes/closes during the registration process when you go to enter your email address after the Trusted Coin Ts&Cs (which do not show either).  You try to reopen the wallet (which is shown as incompletely created), and get an error message, and again the wallet closes.

Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:56:42 PM

Currently you cannot import a 2FA wallet by typing its seed.
Restoring from seed creates a wallet that contains your two factors, and that can spend your bitcoins without TrustedCoin's signature.
To use the same 2FA wallet on another machine, you need to copy the wallet file.

The OSX binaries seem to lack the CA bundle file, this is why you could not register or use 2FA on OSX.
We will try to fix that asap.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
jillybob (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:38:43 PM

Thanks for prompt response.

So I moved my wallet file over from my pc to my mac, and it opened fine and synchronised.  When I checked plugins, 2FA was now selected, and the Trusted Coin icon was in the status bar of the wallet.  So far, so good.  However, when I tried to do a transfer though, it crashed... Error message, and then said could not contact server.

Doesn't look like the mac version 2x is quite there yet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: