Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:17:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. Wagner  (Read 1217 times)
cmr070 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 02:10:48 AM

n00b here, not to the scene, just to this board.

I've done a few transactions with Mr. Wagner in the past; however, I did a "direct deposit" into one of his bank accounts yesterday.  Since everything in the past had been legit, I never thought twice about the change of method in which he was accepting funds. 

So, I sent him an email first to confirm he had the BTC, then another as per his instructions with a picture of the deposit receipt, and whattya know.....communication has been cut off.  I've called, emailed, and sent text messages to him since the last turn time for my BTC was +/- 2 hours from his receipt of my funds.  Now I'm being avoided completely.  I'm smelling something fishy, just not ready to make the declaration that I've been ripped off......yet.

Any similar experiences as of late?  I'm kinda concerned because I've been reading further into his history as a businessman and based on this board and my friends at google, some pretty shady stuff is popping up.

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm not really sure where to go with this from here, as I was the idiot who did a direct deposit (walking into the bank and filling out the depo slip, etc).  I am going to feel like even more of an idiot if I ended up doing all the legwork to give someone money for nothing......live and learn I suppose.
cmr070 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 05:23:37 AM

Thanks man.  I appreciate the info.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is just a blip since we've successfully completed transactions in the past.

Glad to have found a new forum to discuss my new obsession. 

Greetings, everyone.  Smiley
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 05:33:35 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2012, 08:30:54 AM by Meni Rosenfeld

It would help to know if you are talking about Burt Wagner or Bruce Wagner. Based on what you write it looks like you are talking about Bruce.

Edit: A bit of trivia - BurtW's original username here was bwagner, but he changed it, probably so people won't erroneously think he has anything to do with mortgage scams and three-pronged attacks.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 06:09:49 AM

It would help to know if you are talking about Burt Wagner or Bruce Wagner. Based on what you write it looks like you are talking about Bruce.

Same, I assumed it was Bruce too. Bruce is a dirtbag, Burt is a good guy.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 06:40:50 PM

As a legit business operator I would be curious how you found Bruce Wagner.  Obviously it isn't bitcointalk.  He doesn't advertise on any major bitcoin related site.   Now are people finding him?  Did someone recommend him?
cmr070 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:50:30 PM

Wow, I apologize guys (and gals)....it's Bruce, not Burt.  I apologize to Burt or anyone who assumed it was he.  My mistake.....

I found his site via google.  Long story short, I needed some in a pinch and didn't want to dip into what I have stored elsewhere, as I'm in a pool of people who invested in a large amount of BTC a year ago.  First time was great, second transaction was as well, this third time I'm having no luck getting ahold of him after funds were sent.  I'm hoping that it's not a 1,2,3 scam where the predator gains the prey's trust then pulls a stunt.
cmr070 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:36:33 AM

So apparently Bruce was waiting until his "commission" jumped from $3 per BTC to $6 per BTC until he processed my transaction, leaving me with less than I needed for a transaction.....basically effed me over based on his own greed.

Are there any truly legit sources to purchase BTC these days?   Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:39:15 AM

So apparently Bruce was waiting until his "commission" jumped from $3 per BTC to $6 per BTC until he processed my transaction, leaving me with less than I needed for a transaction.....basically effed me over based on his own greed.

Are there any truly legit sources to purchase BTC these days?   Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BitInstant has a pretty good reputation, and have a lot of options.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83209.0

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:50:59 AM

When I first discovered bitcoins, Bruce's site was waaaay high in SEO. It was like the 3rd listing on google, so I thought it must be legit, right? Tongue I corresponded via email with him for a bit because I wanted to buy some bitcoins asap and with PayPal or a credit card. I got skiddish and never bought from him. Boy am I glad, after learning about him on this forum.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:07:36 AM

As a legit business operator I would be curious how you found Bruce Wagner.  Obviously it isn't bitcointalk.  He doesn't advertise on any major bitcoin related site.   Now are people finding him?  Did someone recommend him?

1. Go to bitcoin.org
2. Click on 'Sites that Accept Bitcoin'
3. Click on '1 Getting started'
4. Click on BitcoinMe.com ('Bitcoin for Dummies', an easy hand-holding guide to Bitcoin for beginners and non-technical users. )
5. Click on Buy
6. How People Buy Bitcoins: BuyBitcoin.com, that's Bruce's site.

I've asked previously if we should allow this, but nobody seemed interested in responding.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: