Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:20:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is staking blackcoin or nxt worth it?  (Read 3010 times)
cat2 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:19:51 PM

I bought some blackcoin and started staking. The wallet keeps switching from I should get a reward in 2 or 3 days. It's been over a week and nothing. I don't get it. 1 percent isn't very impressive but I was wondering how it is or if it is compounded. Now I'm wondering if it exists at all. Can anybody explain how blackcoin staking pays out?

With nxt I leased my balance to a forging pool and the return so far is nxt to nothing. Anybody know how or if this 1 percent is compounded?

Do all pos coins payout only if your lucky? I don't get it.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:30:07 PM

In my very limited experience staking proof-of-stake coins (NXT and Reddcoin) neither one of them provided any returns. You need large amounts to receive anything or it's not worth it IMO.

cat2 (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:41:59 PM

How large a stake before returns are more likely? Is it random, luck? I just want to understand how these work. Thought trying it would be best and hate to just give up on it.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

NEM's PoI is a fairer alternative to PoS, comes out in March.

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:21:51 PM

The rewards are so small that it doesn't matter. If you don't have many coins you'll earn a dollar in a year or something. And if you have many coins then it doesn't matter if you get a few more anyway.

The only incentive to stake is to support the network.
d0om

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:11:38 PM

Just trade the coins around smartly = 10x the profit of PoS.

Unless you gather many many weak coins early on in PoS and it's one of the 100s of cryptos that actually break out significantly.

Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:27:07 PM

It is nxt forging calculator. Based on this calculator, 10000 nxt could yield 0.05 nxt in 24 hours!
https://www.mynxt.info/forging_calculator.php
But if you stake solely with a few thousand of nxt, you probably get nothing in 24 hours!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:17:23 AM

NEM's PoI is a fairer alternative to PoS, comes out in March.

12 days and change left for that.  Don't hold your breath.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:31:00 AM

It is nxt forging calculator. Based on this calculator, 10000 nxt could yield 0.05 nxt in 24 hours!
https://www.mynxt.info/forging_calculator.php
But if you stake solely with a few thousand of nxt, you probably get nothing in 24 hours!

When I tried it out I was only forging with less than 100 NXT. Iniatially the ETA for forged coins was a few hours, quickly turned to days, then years so I turned it off.

speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:30:57 AM

No it doesn´t worth it. It is only cents...
liquidiser

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:40:45 AM

I found it's not worth it unless you own loads to start with.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:06:25 PM

I found it's not worth it unless you own loads to start with.

In Nxt, everyone gets about 0.5% a year over the long term. Even the whales only got ~$65 in an entire year of forging.

Forging was never designed to make you a millionaire, precisely to avoid the centralisation of bitcoin. A coin has to survive on its own merits and not because it continues to enrich a few (if you think $65 a year is enriching the few then maybe you should close the laptop and spend some time in the real world for a while).

Forging takes 2-3% of systems resources more than your computer just idling so you forge because you want the coins you hold to have value in the future. Mining mentalities need not apply.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:05:59 PM

Staking coins is not worth it.
You will use up more of your computer power and the amount of coins you get is very little.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
autodiv

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:06:25 PM

I bought some blackcoin and started staking. The wallet keeps switching from I should get a reward in 2 or 3 days. It's been over a week and nothing. I don't get it. 1 percent isn't very impressive but I was wondering how it is or if it is compounded. Now I'm wondering if it exists at all. Can anybody explain how blackcoin staking pays out?

With nxt I leased my balance to a forging pool and the return so far is nxt to nothing. Anybody know how or if this 1 percent is compounded?

Do all pos coins payout only if your lucky? I don't get it.

With NXT you are better off buying an Asset that pays dividends. The return will be much higher than staking.

Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:01:50 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 05:16:42 PM by Derek492

Get some Mintcoin

You don't need a lot and the payout is higher.

I've minted from a balance of only 1000 coins before with mintcoin and it pays 15% APR currently.

With only 15 million coins (worth about 2 BTC), I'm minting about 187,000 MINT every month...seems to be worth it. And it compounds so u get more and more, as you mint more.

Smiley

Here is a wallet example on YouTube http://youtu.be/g04yHPY6Xik

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:34:23 AM

Get some Mintcoin

I've minted from a balance of only 1000 coins before with mintcoin and it pays 15% APR currently.

With only 15 million coins (worth about 2 BTC), I'm minting about 187,000 MINT every month...seems to be worth it. And it compounds so u get more and more, as you mint more.

Smiley

Mintcoin have got a lot of potential. we hold Mintcoin in our wallet and earn up to 15% for this year, 10% the second and 5% Interest every year thereafter as a reward for securing the network.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:34:12 AM

Get some Mintcoin

Smiley

Mintcoin have got a lot of potential. we hold Mintcoin in our wallet and earn up to 15% for this year, 10% the second and 5% Interest every year thereafter as a reward for securing the network.

You aren't comparing like for like. The OP is interested low/no inflation cryptos. If you're happy with your stake being inflated away at 15% then why not 30% or 300%? The only thing that changes is the time it takes for you to become poor.
KevinMalone_

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

Hey Guys. I found this guide for top altcoin staking. I think you should check it out.
http://topstaking.com/
http://topstaking.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Blackcoin.png
dinoDevon

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:53:34 PM

Found some good BLK information on https://topstaking.com/blk/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: