Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:19:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own this address?  (Read 630 times)
TriggerX (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:41:23 PM

First of all I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so Mods please move it to the right one.

So I invested in rapidponzi.com. I know all of you say don't invest in ponzis, they're all scams, but I wanted to test one out for myself.
So I went on bit-x and I sent around 0.025 to try it out. But then afterwards I sent it, Rapidponzi says the return addy is not mine but 395p4XNWWc2BSgmC6eNk6mSmE1jMxbrWYz that address. I was confused and was thinking how did this happen? My address was not like that as mine starts with 33gfe. I am asking if anyone has a kind heart and owns that above address and can send the bitcoins back (You can keep 0.01).
This was a rookie mistake as I thought Bit-x had the same import and export addy.

Unfortunately, I can not sign my address to prove I own 33gfe and my withdrawal. I can post my wthdrawal as a screenshot but I don't believe bit-x allows me to sign addresses on there.

Screenshot:

I am just curious if I can get it back or not. If I can't get it back it's fine as it's only 0.025.

Hi!
robertgoss

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:41:18 PM

i dont think you will be able to get it back .. coz there is not way to find a owner of a address this way i mean .. even if say one in a billions chance he is a member here on bitcointalk he can still never read this thread either ...or know its here ... so i guess you can just think it as of a loss and move on and true its good it was not a big amount
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:01:03 PM

First of all I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so Mods please move it to the right one.

So I invested in rapidponzi.com. I know all of you say don't invest in ponzis, they're all scams, but I wanted to test one out for myself.
So I went on bit-x and I sent around 0.025 to try it out. But then afterwards I sent it, Rapidponzi says the return addy is not mine but 395p4XNWWc2BSgmC6eNk6mSmE1jMxbrWYz that address. I was confused and was thinking how did this happen? My address was not like that as mine starts with 33gfe. I am asking if anyone has a kind heart and owns that above address and can send the bitcoins back (You can keep 0.01).
This was a rookie mistake as I thought Bit-x had the same import and export addy.
-snip-

There are several points here IMHO.

#1 I assume this[1] is the transaction you are talking about. As you can see it sends coins "from" the address you mentioned.

#2 There is no "from" address. Thats not how bitcoin works. All blockchain explorers I know show it that way, but a transaction does not reference an address when sending coins but a formerly received transaction. Let me try to explain.

A transaction consists of inputs and outputs. There are several types of outputs, but the most common ones are "pay to pubkey hash". Thats what we abstract as "addresses starting with 1". Less common, but "on the rise" are "pay 2 script" outputs, "addresses starting with 3".
Inputs. Inputs are basically coins you previously received. Here they come from this transaction[2]. As you can see it spends two inputs from MZ[3] well known address and creates two new outputs. One back to MZ and one to 395p4X. This transaction is what bit-x was using when you created that transaction.

#3 Ponzi operators are stupid or just ignorant how bitcoin works. They typical ponzi setup is that you get X times your coins to the address you deposited "from", but as we just learned[4] thats not how bitcoin works.

#4 Bit-x is a shared wallet. That is everyone that registered with their service basically uses the same large bitcoin wallet, you have no control over the inputs a transaction uses. Their system handles this for you. They also have a large database that keeps track of the amount each user is able to spend.

#5 In order to find the person that has 395p4X as deposit address contact MZ[3] and refer to this thread. They might be not willing or allowed to disclose this information to you though.

[1] https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/20d76de25cb71bbae5367ae266079de2fac90f4261693cdc9ac845562f524f1b
[2] https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/493fb2f9b86afd808372da8a9d140df70064d0fa72d738ee80dbb6dc55326d97
[3] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943
[4] at least I hope so, if not please ask.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:04:48 PM

Unfortunately, I can not sign my address to prove I own 33gfe and my withdrawal. I can post my wthdrawal as a screenshot but I don't believe bit-x allows me to sign addresses on there.

Screenshot:

I am just curious if I can get it back or not. If I can't get it back it's fine as it's only 0.025.

If you sent it from a shared wallet your not getting your btc back. if you have used These Type of games(Ponzis) you would know that you wont get your btc back. because well its a shared wallet.
TriggerX (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:50:54 PM

ah okay I guess I won't get it back :p. I will lock the thread now. Thanks for all your replies!

Hi!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: