Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:25:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are newbies treated like scum here?  (Read 1129 times)
TheBitcoinRifleman (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 06:45:49 AM

A couple of people don't commit to due diligence in lending and other deals so all the new people on this forum get the short end of the stick?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:18:28 AM

When have you been treated like scum?

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:52:55 AM

A couple of people don't commit to due diligence in lending and other deals so all the new people on this forum get the short end of the stick?

yes

go pawn your rifle instead

(it's a better deal)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 09:20:03 AM

Suppose when you start anything new, like a new job for example. Your going to be treated differently than regulars. You won't be a newbie for long.

divergenta

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:12:01 PM

Are you serious? Take a look around here. Even though the legitimate restrictions on newly registered people there is still a massive amount of worthless posting and trolling.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:17:47 PM

Sorry your bummed Rifleman. There is a history here of new accounts coming in to spread FUD and scam people out of their BTC . If you had seen how bad it was a year ago you would be asking why we even allow new accounts.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:25:27 PM

Bwaahaha die newbie scum! Die!  Die!  Die! 

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
ethanblack

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 01:38:51 AM

It seems to be more about moderation than scams, the site not having user moderation (vote up, vote down, mark as spam), and instead having to have moderators policing it.  Someone thought newbie restrictions would be a good idea.  Does it work?  I don't think so, the newbie section seems no worse than the main section.

Unless you mean people trusting people based on how many posts they have, if their forum reputation is all they have to offer as collateral against scams, then a better forum reputation (measured in hours required to acquire it) takes on some meaning.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:02:20 AM

It seems to be more about moderation than scams, the site not having user moderation (vote up, vote down, mark as spam), and instead having to have moderators policing it.  Someone thought newbie restrictions would be a good idea.  Does it work?  I don't think so, the newbie section seems no worse than the main section.

Unless you mean people trusting people based on how many posts they have, if their forum reputation is all they have to offer as collateral against scams, then a better forum reputation (measured in hours required to acquire it) takes on some meaning.

I recently granted a loan based solely on the fact that they had been online for a total of 11 days (and their account did not appear to be hacked).
bmn

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:05:47 AM

Treated like scum... I wouldn't go that far...

Only problem is, after I've registered, there was nothing stating the four hour and 5 posts rule. I first thought I had to receive a confirmation email or, be approved by a moderator..
Really confusing first time experience.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:22:36 AM

It's to slow down people getting a scammer tag and just making another account over and over again. If you're stuck in newbies for a while it's harder to do that.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
bmn

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:24:55 AM

True, but it would have been cool to wait just 2 hours instead of 4...
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:33:14 AM

True, but it would have been cool to wait just 2 hours instead of 4...
it would have been even cooler if retards hadn't spammed the forums so much the newbies forum needed to be created.....

Of course when people join a forum and ignore the stickied threads that explain stuff.....  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15958.0
then post threads complaining about what they just refused to read....

lets say it makes less than an auspicious introduction.

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
AntiCap

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:54:24 AM

Oh, there's a 5 post restriction too? I've just been reading and waiting. Suppose I have to start posting then.
damienp

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 08:38:05 AM

While I can imagine that some people might ask for loans 5 minutes after signing up, would anyone actually give them one?
DieselMyNiesel

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:16:47 AM

It's just the way of the world, online or not.. No one will trust anyone when the first show up on the scene until they become more established.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: