Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 10:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How was I hacked?  (Read 1668 times)
ak111in (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:39:32 AM

I would say most likely it was a exploit to gain acess.   Bruteforcing a 17 char password is something you really could not do espically if you are trying against a place online.   Unless just horrible security it would stop IP access if you just keep hitting it with wrong passwords.

Yes I realize now that brute force has a slim chance, I was kind of hoping that it was brute force because then I can fix it relatively easily but now I am not sure how he got access and just trying out everything just hoping to fix the website.
Vezalke

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:37:20 AM

To bruteforce 17 char password it would take years!
diegocosta

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:16:06 AM

hire a group of white hat hackers to test your site out, when they find possible exploits, fix them
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:34:51 AM

Thats Hackers address?
I found something interesting!

http://earnfreebitcoins.com/address/1A8AzZSQp2oxzdSJeUUpoNmeff9bLQKBRo

Contact the admin of earnfreebitcoins.com for the hackers ip! I don't think the hacker used any software like Tor when he used to visit sites to earn free bitcoins! The hacker is a cheap one! He just earned 0.0000083 from that free bitcoin site xD

He could be using tor or a VPN. If he was smart he would be but you never know. He could also be using bots to rape the faucet.

Thats Hackers address?

Contact the admin of earnfreebitcoins.com for the hackers ip! I don't think the hacker used any software like Tor when he used to visit sites to earn free bitcoins! The hacker is a cheap one! He just earned 0.0000083 from that free bitcoin site xD

Thanks I will try and contact earnfreebitcoins.com, the tragedy is that a cheaper hacker was able to get complete access to the database but in the end his stupidity saved my bitcoins.

I doubt they will just give out a users IP address to some random person, but hope you track him down. You should look into his address and see if it is spendlinked to others. You might be able to track him down to this forum or some other sites online.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:49:47 PM

Thats Hackers address?

He could be using tor or a VPN. If he was smart he would be but you never know. He could also be using bots to rape the faucet.

Thats Hackers address?

Thanks I will try and contact earnfreebitcoins.com, the tragedy is that a cheaper hacker was able to get complete access to the database but in the end his stupidity saved my bitcoins.

I doubt they will just give out a users IP address to some random person, but hope you track him down. You should look into his address and see if it is spendlinked to others. You might be able to track him down to this forum or some other sites online.

Most likely you will need to turn it into some authority. (IE police or other agency).  They will be able to possibly get information such as IP.

If you do it yourself they will not give you a IP address of someone, most likely.
jerol31

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:28:33 PM

You must have better secure password, including characters, letters, numbers.
That is very important in order to be more secure. Also try to change your password once in a while.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:08:56 PM

I would say most likely it was a exploit to gain acess.   Bruteforcing a 17 char password is something you really could not do espically if you are trying against a place online.   Unless just horrible security it would stop IP access if you just keep hitting it with wrong passwords.

Yes I realize now that brute force has a slim chance, I was kind of hoping that it was brute force because then I can fix it relatively easily but now I am not sure how he got access and just trying out everything just hoping to fix the website.
i think your website is vulnerable, are you running a faucet website or something?
ak111in (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:41:16 PM

I would say most likely it was a exploit to gain acess.   Bruteforcing a 17 char password is something you really could not do espically if you are trying against a place online.   Unless just horrible security it would stop IP access if you just keep hitting it with wrong passwords.

i think your website is vulnerable, are you running a faucet website or something?
Yes something similar, looking out for vulnerabilities and trying to fix them.
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:58:43 AM

Could be phpmyadmin vulnerability if your version is out of date.

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
diegocosta

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:18:08 PM

You must have better secure password, including characters, letters, numbers.
That is very important in order to be more secure. Also try to change your password once in a while.
what you have suggested would only help if they cracked the password by brute-force which it appears they didnt do
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: