Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECASH Problems/Takeover with IGotSpots - be warned !  (Read 10894 times)
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:20:56 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 06:08:09 PM by ocminer

Hey folks,

as IGotSpots is simply not man enough to say he made a mistake and keeps deleting my honest posts in his ECASH Thread I think its unfortunately time to create a new thread and warn about what he's doing and his habits.

As some of you might remember, ECASH was released as a SHA256 coin with non-working POS at the end of the POW phase.

Some of the community members then contacted IGotSpots and me for fixing the Coin to get at least the coins to Exchanges since there were a lot of unconfirmed coins on the pools and I was one of those pools.

In this night we met at IRC and we both fixed the old Chain and prolonged the POW phase so all the unconfirmed coins could move to exchanges, I have that still in my github Repo: https://github.com/ocminer/ECASH-Old-PoWActive

After that worked, a swap date / block was worked out, it was more or less decided that the chain should stay pow mineable until block 10.000 where people then MUST have their coins at the exchanges - otherwise they would be lost.

I've posted a message on my pool that people will need to move their coins to the exchanges before that block - but suddenly, it was a weekend, the swap block was shortened to an earlier block and then the swap was already done invalidating the old wallet/coins. Unfortunately only about 90% of my coins were swapped, the rest of the users on my pool probably did not get the message that the swap was done earlier (including me) so their coins were lost.

This was the point where the shit hit the fan - I asked in the new ECASH Thread - as the coin was now run by IGotSpots - why the swap was done earlier and how I could swap the remaining coins. I expected something like:
"Sorry it was done earlier but of course we can just swap the old coins, send them to XXXXX and provide me a new address from the new chain and i'll just send them there..."

Instead of that I was answered in a bad manner, something like "We decided to swap earlier - You were not there, I tried to reach you in IRC - you did not answer - everyone who did not move their coins earlier is a turd - nothing can be swapped anymore..."

My response that it was weekend and some folks still have a real life beside Crypto did not count unfortunately.

So I bought the missing coins for my pool and paid out the new coins ...

Unfortunately the story did not end here, as it turned out that IGotSpots has (had) a big stack of the coin and he would surely be able to swap the missing coins as it would only be around 55-60k but he simply refused to swap and after that came out he also attacked several users in "his" self-moderated thread calling them assholes, wanting to "knock your teeth through your face" and much more stuff like this.. Read it all here (click through the pages):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=983694.msg10835651  (Made a lot of screenshots too, don't worry).

All my tries turning things to the good and doing a "shakehands" failed so I posted this in a separate thread.

I guess his trust-rating is already speaking for itself, of course he gives fake ratings back, which confirms his habits..

Be aware and I'm sorry where all this ended.

EDIT: Chat-Log is here: http://pastebin.com/S3SW9hEY

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 09:33:23 PM

Hey folks,

as IGotSpots is simply not man enough to say he made a mistake and keeps deleting my honest posts in his ECASH Thread I think its unfortunately time to create a new thread and warn about what he's doing and his habits.

As some of you might remember, ECASH was released as a SHA256 coin with non-working POS at the end of the POW phase.

Some of the community members then contacted IGotSpots and me for fixing the Coin to get at least the coins to Exchanges since there were a lot of unconfirmed coins on the pools and I was one of those pools.

In this night we met at IRC and we both fixed the old Chain and prolonged the POW phase so all the unconfirmed coins could move to exchanges, I have that still in my github Repo: https://github.com/ocminer/ECASH-Old-PoWActive

After that worked, a swap date / block was worked out, it was more or less decided that the chain should stay pow mineable until block 10.000 where people then MUST have their coins at the exchanges - otherwise they would be lost.

I've posted a message on my pool that people will need to move their coins to the exchanges before that block - but suddenly, it was a weekend, the swap block was shortened to an earlier block and then the swap was already done invalidating the old wallet/coins. Unfortunately only about 90% of my coins were swapped, the rest of the users on my pool probably did not get the message that the swap was done earlier (including me) so their coins were lost.

This was the point where the shit hit the fan - I asked in the new ECASH Thread - as the coin was now run by IGotSpots - why the swap was done earlier and how I could swap the remaining coins. I expected something like:
"Sorry it was done earlier but of course we can just swap the old coins, send them to XXXXX and provide me a new address from the new chain and i'll just send them there..."

Instead of that I was answered in a bad manner, something like "We decided to swap earlier - You were not there, I tried to reach you in IRC - you did not answer - everyone who did not move their coins earlier is a turd - nothing can be swapped anymore..."

My response that it was weekend and some folks still have a real life beside Crypto did not count unfortunately.

So I bought the missing coins for my pool and paid out the new coins ...

Unfortunately the story did not end here, as it turned out that IGotSpots has (had) a big stack of the coin and he would surely be able to swap the missing coins as it would only be around 55-60k but he simply refused to swap and after that came out he also attacked several users in "his" self-moderated thread calling them assholes, wanting to "knock your teeth through your face" and much more stuff like this.. Read it all here (click through the pages):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=983694.msg10835651  (Made a lot of screenshots too, don't worry).

All my tries turning things to the good and doing a "shakehands" failed so I posted this in a separate thread.

I guess his trust-rating is already speaking for itself, of course he gives fake ratings back, which confirms his habits..

Be aware and I'm sorry where all this ended.

This is 100% true, I was affected too by this same situation and I wasn't even contacted by the IgotSpots.  I asked around what was going on and only got several attacks, mockery from igotspots and even pms from some of his fanboys.

And on your case ocminer, it's unbelievable that even after you helped out with the source, this guy posts "thanks to ocminer for changing 3 lines of code" that's just disrespectful and shows this "dev" is either a 15yr old or a complete retard with no manners whatsoever.

And it's true, I'm sad to see how Emoney/ecash ended, into a huge dump by the new dev and a dead coin.

asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:46:54 PM

I was close to making a thread dedicated to him also i have had about 5 of my posts deleted by him because he does not like the truth and he can also not communicate like a normal person, always abusing and whining about something.

He said he was going to do this fix for free as you are fully aware but then after he has finished the chain he lets the crap stake so instead of a 4million he ended up with 5.4million, he lied and said he only had 180,000coins that he did not send to bittrex and spent 160,000 of them on a dice game.

He later backtracked to say he did have the million and was giving it away on his irc channel so how could he have stole coins when he was giving them away, i explained he had 1.3million premine and they staked for 10days at 8% a day which at a minimum gave him 2 million so like i said to him before he told me how rich he was and didn’t need money why would he steal the coins and then dump them on innocent investors heads because he spat his dummy out.

He is a compulsive liar and thief and should never be trusted ever.

Also one of the most abusive people i have met on this forum but he finds it extremely difficult to be able to string a sentence together without abuse pathetic little man could not even pay you guys out of over a million coins at the time later to be 2 million  Huh    

locohammerhead

Activity: 530

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:53:12 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 10:03:31 PM by locohammerhead

I'm honestly surprised something like this hasn't come out sooner.  He has a terrible track record of creating a coin and then running for the hills as soon as the pump is over.  His coins wallets rarely ever work properly.  Good to see his tactics are finally starting to catch up with him.

Here are a list of coins I know Spots to be dev/in charge of.  Please let me know of any others I missed, i'm sure there are lots that I don't even know about.

DigiCube (CUBE) (newest)
Primality (PRIMAL) (newest)
COPPER
Colbert Coin (CC)
NINJA (NINJA)
igotspotscoin SPOT
PRIME
BUCKS
GorillaBucks
Nanas
Vary
Nucks
GorillaTeeth [TEETH]
MMXIV
BALLS
ECASH
SPOTS
Gas Coin
GorillaStake.com
RaspPi Staking "device"

Aliases/Screen Names of iGotSpots
iGotSpots
MonkeyTooth
Gas Coin

Also adding this nice little admission from iGotSpots

Developer iGotSpots: @locohammerhead, i already told you, youre missing like 500
NewUser: @locohammerhead, lol
Developer iGotSpots: i exaggerate before, its closer to like 200 different ones probably total
CoinMonster: @presstab, Because he he uses another guiness block
locohammerhead: @iGotSpots, im sure lol the list is already huge and you have been doing this for quite some time now
Developer iGotSpots: @locohammerhead, you are not even CLOSE to having them all lol

List is current as of 10/20/2015

DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:22:36 PM

I saw how he was responding to minerpools in his thread earlier and immediately sold everything and after all this i'll never buy into any coin from him again but he will probably just publish them under a new nick.

Greed...
Cryptophile

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:43:19 PM

This has always been IGotSpotsOnMyBalls MO.  He is nothing but a scammer and that has always been in the case, even the guys over at Cryptsy will agree with that and that's why you'll never see any of his future coins on there.

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:57:59 PM

Thanks for the warning, we will avoid this guy.
ocminer has the full support and trust of Team Tittiecoin / XXX Coin.

iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:13:14 AM

You mean a guy with 10+ coins to his name fucked you over? Gee go figure.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:26:22 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 02:37:42 AM by AdamWhite

lol igotspots is probably definitely the biggest piece of shit in crypto
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:29:09 AM

You mean a guy with 10+ coins to his name fucked you over? Gee go figure.
I personally find your nickname offensive. I know you want to insult spots, but you insult people with a serious disease. AIDS is NOT funny, asshole. And if you're about to pull your homphobic shit, just know there are millions of orphans in Africa because of this, and their parents didn't get it by ass fucking...

I find your language offensive more than someone who has made a statement as their name which may or may not be true, it is not a funny disease and it is very nasty but lets keep this on track here. No name calling as the mighty spots would do that but we are all adults here  Tongue

igot can you name some of these 10 coins rubbish like dashcoin, diem, new piggy coin? lol Thought hype but having doubts and the obvious coins  that have already been stated he goes threw a lot probably has made good money to, but he still needs to steal from miners and investors then dump on them which is kinder weird.

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:21:06 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 03:14:14 AM by bones261

Ok, guys. Enlighten this noob. What could have been done differently.
Once the blockchain hit 7000 on the old coin, and the POW reward was zero, the blockchain would not move unless someone, somewhere included a transaction fee. It appears spots and his fanboys tried to move the chain along by making small transactions with transaction fees.  Another issue, was there was no checkpoint server, so the blockchain started to fork, badly. Some kind of fork needed to happen. I agree that spots should have just given the lost coins to the other big players. But wouldn't this have opened a floodgate of requests, legit or not legit, wanting coins that were lost in the hardfork? I guess a line had to be drawn somewhere. I guess spots wanted to make it a hard rule with no exceptions, which probably was not for the best overall.
So tell me, how easy is it to add a checkpoint server to a broken coin? Is it expensive? Is it even possible?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:57:59 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 05:00:17 AM by iGotSpots

Just so it's clear, this whole thing is because ocminer is mad I won't let him steal the original dev's premine. This is like being mad at the cops for stopping a robbery because you wanted your friend to steal a TV

By the way, every single coin of the million extra are currently being given away through trivia in #MMXIV on Freenode - I haven't kept a single coin for fixing this piece of shit

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:10:23 AM

Sorry, not going to give someone a pass on a nick like igotaids. Too many people near and dear to me died of this. The only thing less funny than this would be dead puppies.

Humans make jokes to deal with bad shit - it's a way we cope. It's not insulting people with AIDS, not even close. And just because you find something offensive doesn't mean someone else has to change - offense is a normal human emotion.
So if this nick was a racial slur or sexist, we should just give it a pass too? Give me a break. The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. Sorry, I'm going to call it out. This is 2015. I'm not going to be forced into the "love that dare not speak it's name" mode of the 1950's. Silence = Death.

You're not very smart then. All women are bisexual, does that make them less than a woman? The concept of male and female gender-wise is a social construct and has no bearings in biology. Men feel emotional just as much as women, doesn't make them any less of a "man", as simple-ignorant people often use the word "manly" to describe things that are meant to be "tough", which is all nonsense. But if you're ignorant and uneducated, just say so and I'll stop trying to reason with you any further.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:33:41 AM

Sorry, not going to give someone a pass on a nick like igotaids. Too many people near and dear to me died of this. The only thing less funny than this would be dead puppies.

Humans make jokes to deal with bad shit - it's a way we cope. It's not insulting people with AIDS, not even close. And just because you find something offensive doesn't mean someone else has to change - offense is a normal human emotion.
So if this nick was a racial slur or sexist, we should just give it a pass too? Give me a break. The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. Sorry, I'm going to call it out. This is 2015. I'm not going to be forced into the "love that dare not speak it's name" mode of the 1950's. Silence = Death.

You're not very smart then. All women are bisexual, does that make them less than a woman? The concept of male and female gender-wise is a social construct and has no bearings in biology. Men feel emotional just as much as women, doesn't make them any less of a "man", as simple-ignorant people often use the word "manly" to describe things that are meant to be "tough", which is all nonsense. But if you're ignorant and uneducated, just say so and I'll stop trying to reason with you any further.
So are you saying picking the nick igotaids was meant to be a compliment? Give me a break... Also, I do not see how the ad hominem attack on my intelligence enhances your argument at all.

The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. Sorry, I'm going to call it out. This is 2015. I'm not going to be forced into the "love that dare not speak it's name" mode of the 1950's. Silence = Death.

You should a class in biology and sociology. Sexuality has no bearings on the nature of a man. All humans, no matter what sexuality or race(Of which is also a social construct like Gender) are equal in abilities, so sexuality has no place in determining what makes someone less or more a man(An idiots concept btw).

Until you gain powers like superman and either identify as gay/straight and you're therefore able to say that the sexuality you identify in makes you more of a man in regards to power than the sexuality "opposite" yours, then you're caseless. (That's all hypothetical and not to be taken seriously in case you cant grasp it).

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:44:32 AM

So are you saying picking the nick igotaids was meant to be a compliment? Give me a break... Also, I do not see how the ad hominem attack on my intelligence enhances your argument at all.

The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. Sorry, I'm going to call it out. This is 2015. I'm not going to be forced into the "love that dare not speak it's name" mode of the 1950's. Silence = Death.

You should a class in biology and sociology. Sexuality has no bearings on the nature of a man. All humans, no matter what race(Of which is also a social construct like Gender) are equal in abilities, so sexuality has no place in determining what makes someone less or more a man(An idiots concept btw).

Until you gain powers like superman and either identify as gay/straight and you're therefore able to say that the sexuality you identify in makes you more of a man in regards to power than the sexuality "opposite" yours, then you're caseless. (That's all hypothetical and not to be taken seriously in case you cant grasp it).
I'm gay and I know homophobia when I see it.  The nick igotaids has homophobia written all over it. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. I'm not going to put up with it.

Wait, were you using sarcasm? I took what you said, "The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. " as an insult to gay people, which is why I responded the way I did(Lecturing you on sexuality). I'm sorry then, LOL. I thought what you said was homophobic and responded the way I usually do to such remarks, my apologies!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:00:35 AM

Just so it's clear, this whole thing is because ocminer is mad I won't let him steal the original dev's premine. This is like being mad at the cops for stopping a robbery because you wanted your friend to steal a TV

By the way, every single coin of the million extra are currently being given away through trivia in #MMXIV on Freenode - I haven't kept a single coin for fixing this piece of shit

I'm not gay, but I don't think implying that was his intention with that obviously offensive nick. If you don't know who that is by now anyway then you haven't been around very long

nikkers

Activity: 566

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:13:09 AM

from a completely neutral point of view, this is embarassing for both parties, take it to pm, instead of having to prove something in public.

I have nothing but respect for both Ocminer and Igotspots, and in all honesty i think they can share any blame that has to be given.

Igotspots told ocminer about the problems, but like he said, he's not gonna hound the guy for an answer.

I cant imagine how busy both of them are already anyway before this all came about, but surely it cant have helped.

What it really boils down to is should spots be more persistent and chase people? or should ocminer be more attentive of his messages etc? tough one

i know you are both just human, so ffs let's just get over this please, and let us who still have an interest in the coin carry on, without all the fuss  Smiley

It's late i'm probably talking crap but hey ho, it's just my opinion Smiley

A concerned cryptoenthusiast.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:14:08 AM

Wait, were you using sarcasm? I took what you said, "The nick obviously is meant to imply the ispots is gay. And of course this should be construed as an insult because someone is less than a man if they happen to be gay. " as an insult to gay people, which is why I responded the way I did(Lecturing you on sexuality). I'm sorry then, LOL. I thought what you said was homophobic and responded the way I usually do to such remarks, my apologies!
Apology accepted. Grin
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:15:25 AM

I'm not gay, but I don't think implying that was his intention with that obviously offensive nick. If you don't know who that is by now anyway then you haven't been around very long
Yes, I'm a noob. I have no idea who he is. All I know, is that I don't like him AT ALL.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:38:31 AM

Your pool also mined on its own fork for three days since we didn't have the checkpoint server from the old dev and you didn't respond, which is actually why we had to swap early

People in the original thread were looking for you for days. When you are unreliable you get left behind

If you were indeed the person to fix it and not me, then why are all your coins still on the old chain?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: