Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:55:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Citizens Detained, Arrested By Border Patrol Over 50 Miles North of Border  (Read 1477 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:07:55 AM

Despite that they are natural born citizens, a man, his wife, and 4-year-old child were forcibly removed from their car, detained, and arrested by federal border patrol agents over 50 miles away from the border all because the couple refused to tell the cop where they were driving to.

Have we come to an age in the USA where natural born citizens have to show their papers to any agency acting like a federal Gestapo? Do we no longer have freedom of movement inside our own country?

Why does the border patrol think they have the legal power to detain citizens dozens and dozens of miles from the border?

And here we have millions of illegals streaming across the border and the border patrol is harassing actual citizens inside our interior? On top of that we have a president that is going to excuse and give amnesty to millions of law breakers but actual citizens now can’t drive from one place to another without having any federal gestapo pulling them over, manhandling them, and forcing them to undergo questioning?

The video was taken by the privately owned dashboard camera of Rick Herbert who recorded this sickening exchange on March 12…

The video, mounted on the car dashboard, shows the agent reaching into the man’s open window.

“Get your hands out of my car,” the man says. “Get your hands out of my car.”

The man then pushes the agent’s arm out the window, while the agent opens the door.

The man’s response?

“This is assault,” he says. “What is your reasonable suspicion?”

The agent then asks for the man’s citizenship, and he responds: “That I will [answer]. I’m a United States citizen.”

The agent asks the same question to the woman, who affirms she’s a U.S. citizen, too.

The agent then proceeds to ask a series of questions: “That your son in the back? You have anything illegal in the trunk? … Pop the trunk.”

The man tells the agent, “no, you cannot look,” and makes clear, “I do not consent to any searches or seizures.” He also asks the agent once more: “What is your reasonable suspicion?”

That’s when the agent tells him to put the car in park and “step out of the vehicle.”

The man once again asks for the agent’s “reasonable suspicion.” The video then shows the agent grabbing the man’s arm and wrestling him to remove him from vehicle, twisting his hand and arm in the process.

The man: “Dude what is your problem? I’ve got to unbuckle my seatbelt. … You’re being recorded.”

The agent says he’s aware of the camera and the man says, “Good. I’m going to sue the [expletive] out of you.”

The agent: “I’m not doing anything against policy.”

Is this still America?

http://rightwingnews.com/democrats/shocking-video-american-citizens-detained-arrested-by-border-patrol-over-50-miles-north-of-border/

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:33:52 AM

These stories pop up from time to time especially the one about that pastor down in Arizona some years ago where he got his ass beat for a similar scenario. The border patrol agents should already be schooled on what a sovereign citizen person does when stopped so they should just be ready to let them go. But like you mentioned above, I'd just tell the agent they had a lot of audacity to be letting in all those illegals last year when everyone in the country knew about it but now he's all uppity about running the routine on a us citizen. Then, proceed to tell him what a fraud he and the other agents are.

Or, just do what this guy did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFxijuRjX1U
MegaFall

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:42:23 PM

Yeah... neither was the SS.

When will cops understand the constitution that they actually swore to abide by and protect? Oh, wait I forgot most cops/federal agents are worthless retarded drones that do what ever is told to them. Half of them probably don't even know how to read.
shluher

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin > Dollar

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:15:22 PM

Despite that they are natural born citizens, a man, his wife, and 4-year-old child were forcibly removed from their car, detained, and arrested by federal border patrol agents over 50 miles away from the border all because the couple refused to tell the cop where they were driving to.

Have we come to an age in the USA where natural born citizens have to show their papers to any agency acting like a federal Gestapo? Do we no longer have freedom of movement inside our own country?

Why does the border patrol think they have the legal power to detain citizens dozens and dozens of miles from the border?

And here we have millions of illegals streaming across the border and the border patrol is harassing actual citizens inside our interior? On top of that we have a president that is going to excuse and give amnesty to millions of law breakers but actual citizens now can’t drive from one place to another without having any federal gestapo pulling them over, manhandling them, and forcing them to undergo questioning?

The video was taken by the privately owned dashboard camera of Rick Herbert who recorded this sickening exchange on March 12…

The video, mounted on the car dashboard, shows the agent reaching into the man’s open window.

The man then pushes the agent’s arm out the window, while the agent opens the door.

The man’s response?

The agent then asks for the man’s citizenship, and he responds: “That I will [answer]. I’m a United States citizen.”

The agent asks the same question to the woman, who affirms she’s a U.S. citizen, too.

The agent then proceeds to ask a series of questions: “That your son in the back? You have anything illegal in the trunk? … Pop the trunk.”

The man tells the agent, “no, you cannot look,” and makes clear, “I do not consent to any searches or seizures.” He also asks the agent once more: “What is your reasonable suspicion?”

That’s when the agent tells him to put the car in park and “step out of the vehicle.”

The man once again asks for the agent’s “reasonable suspicion.” The video then shows the agent grabbing the man’s arm and wrestling him to remove him from vehicle, twisting his hand and arm in the process.

The man: “Dude what is your problem? I’ve got to unbuckle my seatbelt. … You’re being recorded.”

The agent says he’s aware of the camera and the man says, “Good. I’m going to sue the [expletive] out of you.”

Is this still America?

http://rightwingnews.com/democrats/shocking-video-american-citizens-detained-arrested-by-border-patrol-over-50-miles-north-of-border/

If you don't like america go live somewhere else, it's simple. =))
MegaFall

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:25:28 PM

Unfortunately, that's nearly impossible. It's pretty much impossible to immigrate into another country legally.

In order to get into another country you have to be 1) a person of notoriety (well known actor, musician, business person, etc), 2) have an existing job offer from somebody in the country you wish to immigrate to, 3) want to start a business in that country and have financial backing from a venture capitalist firm or start-up incubator, or 4) have a spouse or family member with existing citizenship in that country.

If you don't have one of those four you aren't getting into pretty much any country on the planet. The US is the easiest one to get into legally... You fill out a friggin form, wait for it to be approved, and then you get a green card and can enter.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:00:19 PM

The man’s response?

Is this still America?

"If you don't like america go live somewhere else, it's simple. =))" Said the US citizen to the border patrol agent...

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:11:49 PM

This cop was paid by Putin indeed.
shluher

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin > Dollar

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:25:19 PM

Unfortunately, that's nearly impossible. It's pretty much impossible to immigrate into another country legally.

In order to get into another country you have to be 1) a person of notoriety (well known actor, musician, business person, etc), 2) have an existing job offer from somebody in the country you wish to immigrate to, 3) want to start a business in that country and have financial backing from a venture capitalist firm or start-up incubator, or 4) have a spouse or family member with existing citizenship in that country.

If you don't have one of those four you aren't getting into pretty much any country on the planet. The US is the easiest one to get into legally... You fill out a friggin form, wait for it to be approved, and then you get a green card and can enter.

then why do i see so many americans living in a thailand for years?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:41:00 PM

then why do i see so many americans living in a thailand for years?

Because they are the good parasites.. The parasites with $$$, the parasites with good capitalist ideas to make thailand a better place. The parasites every country wants more to deal with, including your country...

Wink

NNH7

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:46:20 AM

"where natural born citizens have to show their papers"

How would those agencies know if someone is a citizen if they don't show 'papers' to back that up?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:02:01 AM

Slavery has been abolished in the United States (and most other places in the world). When a man or woman, in the public (not when you have an agreement with them, like on the job), orders you to do something, since we are not under slavery, don't we deserve compensation?

If you go to a restaurant, and you place an order, don't the restaurant people deserve to get paid when they deliver what you ordered? If you order without looking at a menu to see what the price is, and if you don't ask about the price, don't they have the right to charge you a large amount? If the amount is going to be something beyond exorbitant, they have a duty to inform you that it will be such, so that you can ask for the price. But if you don't ask, and they fill your order, they have the right to charge you top dollar that is standard for the kind of restaurant and food.

The guy in the video should have said, "Is it your order that I reply to your question (about their destination)?" Since the officer is a public servant, and since there is no requirement to answer the question, and since there is no slavery, and when the officer doesn't request how much he is going to be charged for the order, charge, maybe, $10,000 for answering his questions. Charge for each question, and any other orders that the officer places with you, like "Pull over to the side," or, "Get out of the car," or, "Pop the trunk." But always ask, "Is that an order?"

Then sue the man and his bond in a common law man-to-man-law suit if he won't pay. Never sue the position or office of officer, or trooper, or border patrol agent. The office is nothing. The man knows that it is wrong to do what he did. The office of border patrol agent can't do anything without the man. It is always the man (or woman) doing it to you.

Learn now, while you have the chance, and let's start making some money off these jokers.

See http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/:
Sick of taking Orders and earning no money from complying with the Orders?

Buy an Invoice Pad today, to BILL the next Public SERVANT that Orders thou [You] !

(thou = singular cf. Ye - Nominative / You - Objective which are Plurals... i will explain later)

Example:

When A[NY] Public SERVANT stops thou at the side of the road and Orders a PERFORMANCE of and/or from thou by way of the use of His (or Her) Voice, these  UTTERANCES are defined as HIS (or HER) Wishes AND Orders delivered upon thou (placing a Burden Upon thou!)

Example(s) :

ORDERS thou as a [wo]man to get out of YOUR car !
    ORDERS thou, as a [wo]man  to "GIVE-UP" up his or her  "GIVEN-name"!
    ORDERS thou, as a [wo]man to perform ANY task (such as hand-over a Licence)!
    et ceteras, et cetaras, et ceteras...

Deliever Upon HIM (or HER) a BILL (an INVOICE) !

BILL / INVOICE: c. 1400; that of "order to pay" ( technically 'Bill of Exchange' is from 1570s)

Example:

When "HE" or "SHE" ( a Public Servant) makes their WISHES to perform known and ORDER(s) Upon thou ( a man or woman) make sure to require of Him or Her to remember "Fair-and-Just" COMPENSATION, is now due for carrying-out His or Her Wishes and ORDER(s)!

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:22:23 AM

Citizens defy Border Patrol by staying silent with video cameras

Protest against Border Patrol utilizes internet videos to spread awareness

No drugs or would-be immigrants were hidden in the sedan that rolled up to a Border Patrol checkpoint on a Southern California highway last week, but within 90 seconds the driver was handcuffed.

His 4-year-old boy was crying. And a video camera mounted on the car's dashboard captured the moment. The motorist had said he was an American but told the agent he did not have to say where he was going, would not consent to a search of his trunk and would not move his car.

"You brought this on yourself, buddy," an agent says as he is led away.

Another traveler came through a similar checkpoint in El Paso this month, also with a video camera rolling.

He, too, challenged the agent, saying he would not answer questions. After a few seconds he was curtly told, "Get out of here."

These travelers are among the latest to join what appears to be an informal alliance of people, possibly into the hundreds, recording their encounters at Border Patrol checkpoints that are not at international ports of entry but instead on the many roads located within 100 miles of borders and coasts and that connect the regions with the rest of the nation. There are 34 such permanent checkpoints along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border.

Some of the travelers appear to be making a stand for what they say are their rights and contend that the government, which has long drawn support for doing whatever is needed to protect the nation's borders, is going too far.

Determining how widespread the videotaping has become is difficult to determine, but they are well-known among border activists, academics, lawyers and law-enforcement officers from Texas to California. Hundreds of such videos are posted online, and they are drawing millions of viewers.

Thomas Sauer, a 26-year-old trucker from Central Texas, has drawn more than 130,000 views to his video.

He told an agent at a checkpoint near Falfurrias in November that he was going to "opt out" of discussing his citizenship.

"I did it because I don't agree with the premise of questioning citizens without suspicion," Sauer said this week. "Those type of interactions should be left at the border."

The Navy veteran had his window smashed out by agents who yanked him from the cab and took him away, also while a camera rolled.

Sauer was not ultimately charged with a crime but was fingerprinted and put in holding tank for several hours. He also was fired from his job.

"They read me my rights, which was ignorant to me in more ways than one," Sauer said. "They told me I had the right to remain silent."

Sauer, who said he is still looking for legal representation to rectify the incident, said he made the recording for YouTube.

Accountability

The videos fall into the genre of recording police but offer viewers a ride with citizens who haven't left this country and don't see why they should have to tell federal agents about their comings and goings.

"It makes the agency very nervous. They know they can make mistakes and these videos are viewed by a lot of people, and people gather the courage to challenge them," said Tony Payan, of Rice University's Baker Institute. "Videos are an instrument of accountability. This is what this country is about."

Payan, who lived along the border for several years, said that as the Border Patrol has grown, concern increases over the agency's power.

It has more than doubled in size to 20,000 agents since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and is part of Customs and Border Protection, the largest U.S. law enforcement agency.

Some travelers who encounter agents at checkpoints are ready for a showdown. Others are having fun, such as a man in Arizona who doesn't answer an agent's questions but instead holds up a Bible and tells the agent he'd like to save his soul.

'The fastest way'

In seconds, he is waved through in a video described as "the fastest way to get through a Border Patrol checkpoint."

The patrol for decades has had checkpoints along chokepoints where roadways lead from border communities to the interior of the United States. Agents are chiefly stationed there to confirm that people are legally in the U.S., but they also discover tons of smuggled drugs annually.

The patrol, along with its parent agency, Customs and Border Protection, declined to say how many people who fail to comply at these checkpoints are detained.

"Border Patrol agents may lawfully question the (vehicle) occupants about their citizenship and place of birth, and may request documented proof of immigration status and how an individual status was obtained," CBP said in a prepared statement. "It is not unusual for Border Patrol agents at checkpoints to engage in conversations with the public regarding their travels."

The agency also said that checkpoints do not give agents the automatic authority to search people or their vehicles but that they may consent to searches.

Authorities could not readily say how often citizens are refusing to answer questions or how often they are charged.

Court records show that among them is Joe Vega, who is to be sentenced April 1 in Laredo.

He pleaded guilty to impeding Border Patrol agents after refusing to move his car into a secondary inspection area for a search.

Clashes with agents

In 2014, Michael Sophin was charged with resisting an agent near the West Texas town of Sierra Blanca after he said he did not have to discuss his citizenship and drove away before questioning was finished. Sophin was chased down Interstate 10, arrested and later convicted by a jury. He was sentenced this month to eight months in prison.

David Martin, who does missionary work south of the border, was given two years of misdemeanor probation last year for a clash with agents near Laredo.

While video recording, he told agents that he was exercising his right not to declare his citizenship.

But he also refused to move his vehicle from a primary traffic lane into a secondary inspection area and later struggled as agents pulled him out and put him in a cell, according to court papers.

Standing up for rights

James Lyall, of the American Civil Liberties Union, said he, too, has seen a movement of people challenging checkpoints and added that the Border Patrol can't legally pull motorists from cars just because they won't answer questions.

The Supreme Court determined that agents should ask only a few limited questions to verify whether a person is legally in the United States. Simply staying quiet or challenging authority isn't enough, he said. There must be "reasonable suspicion" a crime is being committed, he said.

"Everyone has the right to remain silent and can't be compelled to answer," he said. "To say people should not stand up for their rights reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to live in a democracy," he said. "Rights aren't worth a damn if you can't exercise them."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Citizens-defy-Border-Patrol-by-staying-silent-6164216.php?t=1db5848d2e93552721&cmpid=twitter-premium

MegaFall

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:15:57 AM

Citizens defy Border Patrol by staying silent with video cameras

Protest against Border Patrol utilizes internet videos to spread awareness

No drugs or would-be immigrants were hidden in the sedan that rolled up to a Border Patrol checkpoint on a Southern California highway last week, but within 90 seconds the driver was handcuffed.

His 4-year-old boy was crying. And a video camera mounted on the car's dashboard captured the moment. The motorist had said he was an American but told the agent he did not have to say where he was going, would not consent to a search of his trunk and would not move his car.

"You brought this on yourself, buddy," an agent says as he is led away.

Another traveler came through a similar checkpoint in El Paso this month, also with a video camera rolling.

He, too, challenged the agent, saying he would not answer questions. After a few seconds he was curtly told, "Get out of here."

These travelers are among the latest to join what appears to be an informal alliance of people, possibly into the hundreds, recording their encounters at Border Patrol checkpoints that are not at international ports of entry but instead on the many roads located within 100 miles of borders and coasts and that connect the regions with the rest of the nation. There are 34 such permanent checkpoints along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border.

Some of the travelers appear to be making a stand for what they say are their rights and contend that the government, which has long drawn support for doing whatever is needed to protect the nation's borders, is going too far.

Determining how widespread the videotaping has become is difficult to determine, but they are well-known among border activists, academics, lawyers and law-enforcement officers from Texas to California. Hundreds of such videos are posted online, and they are drawing millions of viewers.

Thomas Sauer, a 26-year-old trucker from Central Texas, has drawn more than 130,000 views to his video.

He told an agent at a checkpoint near Falfurrias in November that he was going to "opt out" of discussing his citizenship.

"I did it because I don't agree with the premise of questioning citizens without suspicion," Sauer said this week. "Those type of interactions should be left at the border."

The Navy veteran had his window smashed out by agents who yanked him from the cab and took him away, also while a camera rolled.

Sauer was not ultimately charged with a crime but was fingerprinted and put in holding tank for several hours. He also was fired from his job.

"They read me my rights, which was ignorant to me in more ways than one," Sauer said. "They told me I had the right to remain silent."

Sauer, who said he is still looking for legal representation to rectify the incident, said he made the recording for YouTube.

Accountability

The videos fall into the genre of recording police but offer viewers a ride with citizens who haven't left this country and don't see why they should have to tell federal agents about their comings and goings.

"It makes the agency very nervous. They know they can make mistakes and these videos are viewed by a lot of people, and people gather the courage to challenge them," said Tony Payan, of Rice University's Baker Institute. "Videos are an instrument of accountability. This is what this country is about."

Payan, who lived along the border for several years, said that as the Border Patrol has grown, concern increases over the agency's power.

It has more than doubled in size to 20,000 agents since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and is part of Customs and Border Protection, the largest U.S. law enforcement agency.

Some travelers who encounter agents at checkpoints are ready for a showdown. Others are having fun, such as a man in Arizona who doesn't answer an agent's questions but instead holds up a Bible and tells the agent he'd like to save his soul.

'The fastest way'

In seconds, he is waved through in a video described as "the fastest way to get through a Border Patrol checkpoint."

The patrol for decades has had checkpoints along chokepoints where roadways lead from border communities to the interior of the United States. Agents are chiefly stationed there to confirm that people are legally in the U.S., but they also discover tons of smuggled drugs annually.

The patrol, along with its parent agency, Customs and Border Protection, declined to say how many people who fail to comply at these checkpoints are detained.

"Border Patrol agents may lawfully question the (vehicle) occupants about their citizenship and place of birth, and may request documented proof of immigration status and how an individual status was obtained," CBP said in a prepared statement. "It is not unusual for Border Patrol agents at checkpoints to engage in conversations with the public regarding their travels."

The agency also said that checkpoints do not give agents the automatic authority to search people or their vehicles but that they may consent to searches.

Authorities could not readily say how often citizens are refusing to answer questions or how often they are charged.

Court records show that among them is Joe Vega, who is to be sentenced April 1 in Laredo.

He pleaded guilty to impeding Border Patrol agents after refusing to move his car into a secondary inspection area for a search.

Clashes with agents

In 2014, Michael Sophin was charged with resisting an agent near the West Texas town of Sierra Blanca after he said he did not have to discuss his citizenship and drove away before questioning was finished. Sophin was chased down Interstate 10, arrested and later convicted by a jury. He was sentenced this month to eight months in prison.

David Martin, who does missionary work south of the border, was given two years of misdemeanor probation last year for a clash with agents near Laredo.

While video recording, he told agents that he was exercising his right not to declare his citizenship.

But he also refused to move his vehicle from a primary traffic lane into a secondary inspection area and later struggled as agents pulled him out and put him in a cell, according to court papers.

Standing up for rights

James Lyall, of the American Civil Liberties Union, said he, too, has seen a movement of people challenging checkpoints and added that the Border Patrol can't legally pull motorists from cars just because they won't answer questions.

The Supreme Court determined that agents should ask only a few limited questions to verify whether a person is legally in the United States. Simply staying quiet or challenging authority isn't enough, he said. There must be "reasonable suspicion" a crime is being committed, he said.

"Everyone has the right to remain silent and can't be compelled to answer," he said. "To say people should not stand up for their rights reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to live in a democracy," he said. "Rights aren't worth a damn if you can't exercise them."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Citizens-defy-Border-Patrol-by-staying-silent-6164216.php?t=1db5848d2e93552721&cmpid=twitter-premium

Yeah, I'm convinced now that our country is no better than Syria, or Iran, or potentially even North Korea.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:34:02 AM

Yeah... neither was the SS.

When will cops understand the constitution that they actually swore to abide by and protect? Oh, wait I forgot most cops/federal agents are worthless retarded drones that do what ever is told to them. Half of them probably don't even know how to read.

Yeah, in Nuremberg those guys said the same stuff. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know in that time it didn't worked very well.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:08:11 PM

"where natural born citizens have to show their papers"

How would those agencies know if someone is a citizen if they don't show 'papers' to back that up?
A couple clarifications.

All major roads along the four states bordering Mexico have "Border Checkpoint stations" about fifty miles into the USA from the border.  These are what forces illegal Mexicans to go cross country instead of just using the roads.   These stations are in addition to the Border stations at the actual border.   All cars and trucks must stop at these stations, and it is not unusual to see very long lines and 30 minute wait times.

They have asked me the same routine questions.  "Are you a US citizen." "Pop the trunk."  Then you go on your way.

The way agencies know if someone is a citizen if they don't show papers is to get some data items, address, date of birth, so forth, then run that through their computer.  US citizens are not required to carry any papers or proof of citizenship.  The driver of the car should have a drivers license.

Not defending what these stations do, actually they are extremely annoying to people that live in the area who have to routinely deal with them.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:43:40 PM

ID controls are getting more and more frequent in most countries, and you have to admire people who stand up for their rights. Personally, I always answer questions quickly to be able to move fast, but I don't like that. A man should be able to travel freely. Now, regarding those methods, I'm not sure they are very effective in catching illegal immigrants or whatever.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:20:49 PM

ID controls are getting more and more frequent in most countries, and you have to admire people who stand up for their rights. Personally, I always answer questions quickly to be able to move fast, but I don't like that. A man should be able to travel freely. Now, regarding those methods, I'm not sure they are very effective in catching illegal immigrants or whatever.

The propaganda:

The number of undocumented immigrants from Mexico who were caught trying to enter the country illegally took a dramatic plunge in 2014 to historic lows never seen before, according to fresh analysis released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/number-mexicans-caught-us-border-takes-dramatic-plunge

The reality:

BORDER PATROL AGENT: WE ARE PUNISHED FOR REPORTING ILLEGAL ALIEN GROUPS OF MORE THAN 20

WASHINGTON, DC — A U.S. Border Patrol agent from the Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas told lawmakers today that his fellow agents are punished for reporting illegal alien groups of more than 20. “Agents who repeatedly report groups larger than 20 face retribution. Management will either take them out of the field and assign them to processing detainees at the station or assign them to a fixed position in low volume areas as punishment,” Border Patrol agent Chris Cabrera told a Senate panel. “Needless to say Agents got the message and now stay below this 20 person threshold no matter the actual size of the group.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/17/border-patrol-agent-we-are-punished-for-reporting-illegal-alien-groups-of-more-than-20/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: