Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any bitcoin-turned-millionaires here?  (Read 4343 times)
blablaace

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:24:40 PM

I been mining since 2010 and never sold any btc .. do the math :-) .. but nobody is going to admit to being a millionaire on here or they're gonna have the IRS banging on their door :-)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:27:39 PM

Most of people who earned alot in the bitcoins last bubble were not casual bitcointalk members, and probably had more info on what is going to happen and when.
I think most older users here, myself included earned a nice bunch, but not even near to a million.
When u buy something for 10-20 $, when it comes above 200$, its hard to resist not to sell, so most people just sold too early, and i think it will happen again if bitcoin gets another bubble.

cheers
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:10:39 PM

Most of people who earned alot in the bitcoins last bubble were not casual bitcointalk members, and probably had more info on what is going to happen and when.
I think most older users here, myself included earned a nice bunch, but not even near to a million.
When u buy something for 10-20 $, when it comes above 200$, its hard to resist not to sell, so most people just sold too early, and i think it will happen again if bitcoin gets another bubble.

Its true, maybe someone who wants to risk so much can hold it long time, but most of the normal people who are probably users of talk do this as soon they have BTC to sell.

jh0w4n1z

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:05:17 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 04:23:51 PM by jh0w4n1z

yes his name is Satoshi and only a couple that presumably have upto a million coins hoarded (though i personally think satoshi only mined half a million coins)
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:37:16 AM

People who adopted bitcoins early will definitely millionaires

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:52:13 AM

hoarding just 623 bitcoin makes you have the equivalent of 1 million chinese yuan

hoarding just 39 bitcoins makes you have the equivelent of 1 million american cents

hoarding just 3900 bitcoins makes you have the equivelent of 1 million american dollars

.. so being a bitcoin millionaire based on a fiat conversion is VERY VERY easy.

there are a few people that have had 1 million actual bitcoins pass their hands.

and only a couple that presumably have upto a million coins hoarded (though i personally think satoshi only mined half a million coins)

This.

BTW, I have some millions now too... in satoshi.  Grin
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:05:34 AM

1 million will not buy you a very nice private island. You guys overestimate the term "millionaire". It's no longer what it was in 1950.

I find the term millionaire funny. In here, India, you can find most middle class families having properties worth several millions. You cant say looking at them how much money have they stashed away. Heck, i own agricultural land here worth a million US dollars. We dont find the term millionaire exciting much. The term has lost the value
1 million USD in India? Middle class?

1 million USD isn't a lot in New York or London or Paris or Tokyo. In India with several million? I highly doubt you can say they're middle class.

Rupees are used in India. 1 million rupees are worth only 61 BTC.

I am infact talking about US dollars
bobbo54113

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:56:09 AM

I am pretty sure  all the early adopters did.

Maybe the guy that sold laszlo the pizza? 10000 BTC is about 3 million right now...
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

I been mining since 2010 and never sold any btc .. do the math :-) .. but nobody is going to admit to being a millionaire on here or they're gonna have the IRS banging on their door :-)

You have been mining since 2010? So no doubt you must be a millionaires now. In 2010, you can mine a lot of Bitcoin simply with a graphics card and that amount of Bitcoin is very valuable today. Smiley
Mr.K

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:23:01 AM

Yes there was a few very early adopters who became instant millionaires I think there is a documented list some where of a few of them.

I would like to see this list if anyone can get it, Yes op there must be many who became millionaires just think how many they needed for that on a safe side if they held 10,000 which at one point was not a lot take a look at the pizza thread lol Then they only needed to keep back a couple of thousand for when the bubble came months later and that was the millionaires move.

How many held that long there must have been quite a lot i would have held at least 1/4 while rising and i am sure others would have done the same and more than likely more, oh how great would that be lool

maybe the Bitcoin supporters could,they got a lot of BTC in the early period and held them tight.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:54:56 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 07:30:39 AM by TaunSew

1 million will not buy you a very nice private island. You guys overestimate the term "millionaire". It's no longer what it was in 1950.

I find the term millionaire funny. In here, India, you can find most middle class families having properties worth several millions. You cant say looking at them how much money have they stashed away. Heck, i own agricultural land here worth a million US dollars. We dont find the term millionaire exciting much. The term has lost the value
1 million USD in India? Middle class?

1 million USD isn't a lot in New York or London or Paris or Tokyo. In India with several million? I highly doubt you can say they're middle class.

Rupees are used in India. 1 million rupees are worth only 61 BTC.

I am infact talking about US dollars

There are only 15,000 millionaires in India and counting their dependents we are talking about 75,000 - 150,000 people in a country of over a billion.  Otherwise India's millionaire households are only 0.000056% of the total population.    Middle class is often defined as 40%-50% in developed countries and 10%-30% in the developing world.  So millionaires are not middle class in India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM

I think pandher has been watching too much YouTube  Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:15:31 AM

yes his name is Satoshi

With the amount of coins he had he would have been a millionaire but as he has not touched them for 5+years makes you wonder was he already a millionaire who never needed the money, if so then Bitcoin never made him a millionaire because he was already one.

It could have made him a billionaire if some how he managed to sell all million + coins for the high of 1000 which is unlikely and he never anyway.

It would have definitely  created millionaires and could have made a hole lot more but i bet there are many who could have been but unloaded about 20-50 dollars that must suck  Tongue

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 12:25:51 PM

Reading through page by page of posts i have to agree that probably the temptation of seeing the coins rise from a mere few cents going to dollars will be too hard to resist on not to sell. But i think true bitcoin believers will most probably hold on no matter what the price is. And I'm sure there are a few who even though have sold a bunch would still be keeping a few hundreds in their account.

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:29:50 PM

Strange. Most people tend to overhold. I know many people who during the stock market booms made quite a bit of money, got addicted and put more and more money in, until poof the companies they invested in go bankrupt, or internet bubble, or 2008.

BTW that 2030 india vid is pretty funny. +1
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:12:51 PM

Strange. Most people tend to overhold. I know many people who during the stock market booms made quite a bit of money, got addicted and put more and more money in, until poof the companies they invested in go bankrupt, or internet bubble, or 2008.

Different psychology though. That probably counts for someone who bought in in the last couple of years, but a very early adopter would have effectively paid nothing for their coins. If your nothing turned into several thousand dollars but the whole thing was still tiny and fragile, you'd be very hard pressed not to realise some gains.

bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:27:56 PM

Maybe the guy that sold laszlo the pizza? 10000 BTC is about 3 million right now...

I read an interview with the guy that sold laszlo the pizza. He said he had no big amount of bitcoins when they became worth a fortune. He traded a tiny amount and sold them for $1000. According to him that's all he got out of it, apart from the two pizzas.

I don't know how much laszlo made out of his 10000 BTC though.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:41:39 PM

I read an interview with the guy that sold laszlo the pizza. He said he had no big amount of bitcoins when they became worth a fortune. He traded a tiny amount and sold them for $1000. According to him that's all he got out of it, apart from the two pizzas.

Can you report here the link of this interview? I would like to read it. However I have discovered bitcoin few years ago (in 2012) but I thought it was only a 'scam' and never thought it would succeed as a lot of people. So I have never bought or mine it  Undecided, but who car es?This is still an experiment and I am here for discover this new economy.

Here an interesting thread of : rpietila  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0)

TL;DR:  As a result of analyzing the "Mt.Gox leak", the number of bitcoin holders is likely 1.0 millions. Of these,
* the 400 bitcoin millionaires with at least BTC2,000 hold 40% of bitcoins.
* 100,000 owners with BTC10-BTC2,000 ($5,000-$1,000,000) hold 50% of the bitcoins.
* 900,000 owners have a holding of BTC0.002-BTC10, valued at $1-$5,000, and hold 10% of the bitcoins
McVisual

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:00:24 PM

waiting for 1btc worth 100k

i have 10
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:01:23 PM

I am pretty sure  all the early adopters did.

Can you report here the link of this interview? I would like to read it. However I have discovered bitcoin few years ago (in 2012) but I thought it was only a 'scam' and never thought it would succeed as a lot of people. So I have never bought or mine it  Undecided, but who car es?This is still an experiment and I am here for discover this new economy.

Here an interesting thread of : rpietila  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0)

TL;DR:  As a result of analyzing the "Mt.Gox leak", the number of bitcoin holders is likely 1.0 millions. Of these,
* the 400 bitcoin millionaires with at least BTC2,000 hold 40% of bitcoins.
* 100,000 owners with BTC10-BTC2,000 ($5,000-$1,000,000) hold 50% of the bitcoins.
* 900,000 owners have a holding of BTC0.002-BTC10, valued at $1-$5,000, and hold 10% of the bitcoins

I might have got my facts slightly wrong, or read an earlier version of this article, or a completely different one. However, this article says he sold his remaining bitcoins for $4,000.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/disruptions-betting-on-bitcoin/?_r=0

Mr. Hanyecz, for his part, has given up mining. With so many people trying to create Bitcoins, and the entire process becoming more difficult, the cost of running mining computers, in terms of the electricity bill alone, has soared.

Any regrets about those pizzas?

“No, not really,” Mr. Hanyecz said. He sold the rest of his Bitcoins as the price approached $1, netting him about $4,000. “That was enough to get a new computer and a couple of new video cards,” he told me, proudly. “So I’d say I ended up on top.”

Email: bilton@nytimes.com

Correction: December 23, 2013
An earlier version of this article at one point misstated the surname of Laszlo Hanyecz. It is Hanyecz, not Hanycez.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:11:45 PM

take a fly ... do the all ATM BTC to Cash over the world (especially in swiss), done.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: