Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Accepting Bitcoin Payments!?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 3130 times)
anshar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:00:04 AM

What's the big deal. I don't see trouble here. I mean, it's PayPal right? They're bull of bullshit.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:14:11 AM

Paypal is never to be trusted. Stop this fraud and buy into bitcoin. That's it period. Grand things to come ahead.
anshar

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:15:55 AM

Paypal is never to be trusted. Stop this fraud and buy into bitcoin. That's it period. Grand things to come ahead.

Well said Mr. Chef Ramsay. Too bad eBay uses it, as well there's no good alternative. Skrill was good but chargebacks are still possible. Same with Payza, but you can't pay anywhere with Payza.

Buying Bitcoin is still a struggle for some, so until then, PP is the only option
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:56:19 AM

this is why i like amazon, they dont rely on paypal at all with their stupid high fees

if they will put high fee on bitcoin too, i doubt many will use it
Towlie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:51:24 AM

But PayPal accepting bitcoin would be part of the 'grand things to come'. It would be huge for bitcoin and adoption if they got on board. Imagine being able to spend bitcoins every place that accepted Paypal? Hopefully we won't need paypal in the future and bitcoin can stand on its own two feet but at this point it would be a great success for bitcoin.
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:58:56 AM

This is not a scam thread I swear to damn.

Just click here:
https://www.braintreepayments.com/

Braintree a company wholly owned by paypal is Allowing you to accept payments from Applepay, Paypal, and BITCOINS

They seem to be allowing coinbase integration. So does this mean that logging into your paypal/ebay page and topping up your account with bitcoins is going to be the new thing?

I'm not a big fan of paypal but to see someone who has adamantly fought the rise of bitcoins every step of the way now accepting them at least through one of their venues is unreal to me.

Well they're a payment provider (Braintree) they are best off with integrating as many protocols and payment systems into their portfolio, even if it is just to buy into the hype. It is still up to their customers which system they want to accept!

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:52:11 PM

"2.9% + $.30 per transaction" for all payment methods?

Talk about shitting in the face of Bitcoin.

That removes all the benefit and Braintree takes all that as profit.

Well they are using coinbase for there integration so coinbase charges 1% they charge 1% then they take the addtional 0.9% for all of the customer service they are going to have to do and 30 cents/tx covers there server/power/other associated costs.

Don't get me wrong they will make a killing off of this if it goes mainstream but at the same time for a "non bitcoin payment service" to use bitcoin these are the fees they are used to, so they will continue to charge them.

Yeah, but 2.9% + $.30 is the standard PayPal fee anyway. It sounds like the 1% + 1% + 0.9% etc. is just arbitrary math to justify the same old rates. But I could be wrong. Often am. Smiley

Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:01:14 PM

Paypal work much well than my actual bank ...
But i agree with the problematic incoming fund (and freezing issues).
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:46:32 AM

But PayPal accepting bitcoin would be part of the 'grand things to come'. It would be huge for bitcoin and adoption if they got on board. Imagine being able to spend bitcoins every place that accepted Paypal? Hopefully we won't need paypal in the future and bitcoin can stand on its own two feet but at this point it would be a great success for bitcoin.
True but paypal will get the drift once it's obvious that the kingmakers are buying and holding, not necessarily this intermediate period of who-knows-what going on. I'm not sure that paypal thinks that adoption leads to more people using them to buy/spend bitcoin, so this is a big problem relying on them in this field. There's lots of info going out, via VCs, that other outlets are better to be used to do your biz in bitcoin w/o the aforementioned. Who needs them at this point? Just sayin
Bobblehead Pete

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:10:27 AM

This is not a scam thread I swear to damn.

Just click here:
https://www.braintreepayments.com/

Braintree a company wholly owned by paypal is Allowing you to accept payments from Applepay, Paypal, and BITCOINS

They seem to be allowing coinbase integration. So does this mean that logging into your paypal/ebay page and topping up your account with bitcoins is going to be the new thing?

I'm not a big fan of paypal but to see someone who has adamantly fought the rise of bitcoins every step of the way now accepting them at least through one of their venues is unreal to me.

The title of the thread is misleading as hell.
Paypal, doesnt accept bitcoin, Braintree does. Braintree is a subsidiary of Paypal.
Meaning, you will go to braintree to transact bitcoin.

Hence, Paypal does not accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: