Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: interest? bulk antminer s5 100 unit group buy hosted & resold seperate FAST ROI  (Read 4806 times)
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:58:52 AM

That's why I think it would be good to get the money in so that we can jump on them as soon as the next gen comes out

I don't see how this makes sense. The "next gen" miner could be a "Louder than S5, 1500W, 220V only, $950" device delivered in October that won't fit half the people that contribute early.

Sorry to be "Debbie Downer" but throwing money into a Group Buy of a non-existent Antminer device makes NO sense to me.

That is possible but looking at bitmains track record they have very consistent in making rigs for the average Joe miner.  Not saying they won't change course just seems unlikely to me.

Also a 1500W next gen miner would probably be getting close to 5Th in 1 rig which would still have a good audience especially at $950. 

Obviously just speculation.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:22:24 AM

This sounds interesting...waiting for more details.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:08:08 AM

That's why I think it would be good to get the money in so that we can jump on them as soon as the next gen comes out

I don't see how this makes sense. The "next gen" miner could be a "Louder than S5, 1500W, 220V only, $950" device delivered in October that won't fit half the people that contribute early.

Sorry to be "Debbie Downer" but throwing money into a Group Buy of a non-existent Antminer device makes NO sense to me.

I would call you a 'common-sense Charlie'

I am not   knocking  buying gear that is old.

A s-5 for 300 usd costing 9 cents a kwatt would be a very good deal.  So getting s-5's might be good if the price is correct.

I'm not fully up to speed with the Bitmain chatter about their next step. They usually announce it just a bit beforehand to take in orders while producing them.
Knowing their speed of bringing out models one wouldn't want to buy just before the lowering of price of the current model and the announcement of the newest one.

But yes, at 300 USD and 9 cents a kwh, you will be ok for a while Smiley Diff hasn't moved a lot since January
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:24:09 AM

Just to update everyone on this this will no longer be an antminer s5 group buy. The group buy will be funded in advance and used to purchase the most sensible hardware currently on the market or the newest pre order that has the best cost and specs.

Now one thing that I thought would be cool is making my own altcoin that is handed out by me for each "share" of the hardware that's hosted and being resold. The altcoin is just an idea I'd like to hear feedback ok this before I start collecting the funds for this group buy.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:54:25 PM

Just to update everyone on this this will no longer be an antminer s5 group buy. The group buy will be funded in advance and used to purchase the most sensible hardware currently on the market or the newest pre order that has the best cost and specs.

Now one thing that I thought would be cool is making my own altcoin that is handed out by me for each "share" of the hardware that's hosted and being resold. The altcoin is just an idea I'd like to hear feedback ok this before I start collecting the funds for this group buy.

Just use colored coins.. I'm using them for a few side projects. I use https://www.coinprism.com
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:22:25 PM

Just use colored coins.. I'm using them for a few side projects. I use https://www.coinprism.com

That's exactly what is needed thanks for this! Since I decided this group buy will be better off purchasing a product that has yet to be announced, in order to be 3 steps ahead of the game being one of the first pre orders on a new product from a reliable source such as bitmaintech.com. To do this funds need to be collected in advance prior to an announcement. This from my own history has proven results as far as the profitability in both mining and resale value.

Go with colored coins?

Go with shares?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
tripppn

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:38:57 AM

That's exactly what is needed thanks for this! Since I decided this group buy will be better off purchasing a product that has yet to be announced, in order to be 3 steps ahead of the game being one of the first pre orders on a new product from a reliable source such as bitmaintech.com. To do this funds need to be collected in advance prior to an announcement. This from my own history has proven results as far as the profitability in both mining and resale value.

Go with colored coins?

Go with shares?

I don't really see the benefit of using a colored coin or any other alt coin for that matter.  Just stick with btc and do shares.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:49:12 PM

Go with colored coins?

Go with shares?

I don't really see the benefit of using a colored coin or any other alt coin for that matter.  Just stick with btc and do shares.

Colored coins are an easy way to do shares. Depending on how much you invest, say 100 colored coins per $100 usd, then you can easily send out btc payments and it auto sends out evenly depending on how many colored coins you hold. Another good thing is your colored coins or "shares" can be sold or traded at anytime
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

Waiting for more details. Colored coins are good, but also a spreadsheet with bitcoin addresses should work  Smiley

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
tripppn

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:24:49 AM

Waiting for more details. Colored coins are good, but also a spreadsheet with bitcoin addresses should work  Smiley
Agree with spreadsheet with btc addresses but I've been out of the game for a bit and will leave it to the experts   Grin

― Frank Zappa
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: