Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:32:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Got two broken dragon miners, attemptive scam, please help!  (Read 2145 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:42:59 AM

Miners don't break during shipping and they shouldn't come unassembled either. Two basic facts. Did the seller not put a fragile sticker on the package? If not, it's his problem, he needs to chase the shipping service and refund you.

Yeah, should definitely not come unassembled, there was no fragile sticker just double checked. I feel he needs to refund me before he chases whoever and has to deal with what not, he even said he got it insured for $200, so that being said he should easy be able to refund me because he himself can get a refund. With that being said, he won't get his insured refund shows he is scamming.

I still have yet to hear from him, he ignores me and doesnt refund, straight scammed, he says he is busy with family, yet logs in multiple times per day.
Seen as the miners were not advertised as "spares or repair" I would expect them to turn up in full working order.

For the seller then to say you should start soldering parts back on is a joke.

Your deal and contract is with the seller and not the courier.  If the items arrived damaged its the sellers responsibility to refund you then recoup his losses by filing a claim with the courier.

In my eyes the seller's shift in attitude is slanting towards earning him a scammer tag.
pretty much sums it up.
Bottom line miners shouldn't have been broken down to ship since they ship across the world that way.
Seller should have communicated they were breaking down the miners and if seller wanted to build miners.
Buyer assumed they were complete intact plug and play miners. Seller didn't communicate otherwise.
Seller should have packaged parts better. This isn't a buyer problem but a seller problem.
WITH ALL THAT SAID.
WE need to see pictures of this damage, how it arrived on your doorstep, how it looked when you opened the box.
If you didn't take pics when you opened the box and saw the mess, it really doesn't help your case.
First thing you should always do is get your camera if something looks wrong.
If you posted pics I don't see them in the thread, but for some reason I don't always see images here anyhow.

Most definitely, I agree with everything you are saying, I got it, opened it, and then tested the blades to find out it was more than just one that didn't work, so everything is the same from when i opened it fresh off my doorstep, the second i saw something was broken more than it was, i started taking pictures. i'l post them here repost here:

some blades, most are the same, some just have all caps missing, some have 3 missing, some two, a few one.

sd card some how snapped in half

both boxes were just standard box with no fragile sticker, as basic as basic gets.

bent metal in this one
pics still didn't show on the post for me but I was able to copy them via quoting here
That box doesn't even look like it was abused on the outside. SD card definitely appears intentionally bent to me.
The caps don't appear to be higher than the coolers in the pics are they?
If not that just pretty much proves it's bad packing and not the courier in my eyes.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:24:40 PM

By the way, saying "Just solder the caps back on and be done with it" is not reasonable.

Normally when a capacitor is RIPPED away from the board, usually the tracks are ripped off also, making the board useless unless you somehow find a parallel track that you can jump it to.

This is the reason why I always use escrow, I don't care whether one member is Hero/Legendary. I would rather buy from a "newbie" and use escrow then not use escrow from a "Hero" member.

Sorry for your loss.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
shiunsai (OP)

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:53:01 PM

By the way, saying "Just solder the caps back on and be done with it" is not reasonable.

Normally when a capacitor is RIPPED away from the board, usually the tracks are ripped off also, making the board useless unless you somehow find a parallel track that you can jump it to.

This is the reason why I always use escrow, I don't care whether one member is Hero/Legendary. I would rather buy from a "newbie" and use escrow then not use escrow from a "Hero" member.

Sorry for your loss.

Gah... yeah, so freaking sucky to lose those coins when i can think of so many other things i could have done with them. I just hope he at least gets the scammer tag so it ends here, I hate to get scammed and played, but I'd hate it more to know its continueing..
shiunsai (OP)

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:48:30 PM

Me and the seller have resolved the issue, we negotiated and refunded me half the amount to have an end to all this. Case closed.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:48:00 AM

Me and the seller have resolved the issue, we negotiated and refunded me half the amount to have an end to all this. Case closed.

Are you satisfied? You are still out half of what you spent and don't have a working miner.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██