Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:20:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Cramer - "I endorsed Bitcoin in The Good Wife, what more can you ask!?"  (Read 4567 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 01:06:16 AM

A recent tweet from Jim Cramer of 'mad money' fame (and now famous in Bitcoin circles for his cameo on 'The Good Wife' - 'Finding Mr Bitcoin' episode):

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/234042636355395584

"I endorsed Bitcoin in The Good Wife, what more can you ask!?"

Well.. in the show, I recall him basically just saying it wasn't a currency, which didn't sound quite like an endorsement  - but good to hear him say he 'endorsed' it.

see also: Jim Cramer - 'peso-bitcoin trade'
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89152.0

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 01:09:03 AM

Ahhhh! What? Jim Cramer endorsed Bitcoin?

SELL SELL SELL!!! HOLD BITCOINS AND IT'LL LAND YOU IN THE *HOUSE OF PAIN* *OTHER RIDICULOUS SOUND EFFECTS* *HIT SOMETHING WITH A SQUEAKY HAMMER*

It may be interesting to watch a Jim Cramer / Alex Jones mashup. Smiley
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 01:11:23 AM

Hopefully this endorsement isn't as shit as his Lehman Brothers one.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:16:13 AM

Everybody is playing "Wait and See" when they should be playing get ready or miss out. In other words, smart investors should be developing the infrastructure that will give them either blocks, fees, or both. In fact, It would be insane to not have secret BFL-on-steroids type projects. Actually, institutional funds should be planning entire fabrication plants designed to create custom Bitcoin processors.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:47:43 AM

anybody who understands what Jim Cramer is about had to have viewed his role on the Good Wife as a VERY bullish sign for Bitcoin.  his mere participation at the least made him more aware of what is going on and it's his job to figure out what's the next hot thing.  i know he doesn't do the best job at it, at least publicly, but he does have the connections and inside track on things.

i bought more Bitcoin after that episode.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:49:21 AM

actually b/c i don't think he ever said anything about Bitcoin publicly after that episode meant to me he was accumulating.
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 04:03:20 AM

He probably only tweeted because I maaaay have pestered him a couple times over the last few days about it (I'm @KJ6CCZ, ham radio operators UNITE!). Good to actually hear that he endorses Bitcoin though!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 04:05:18 AM

he could bring in alot fuel to the buy side if he hasn't already.
enmaku

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 04:11:38 AM

Full episode is still on CBS.com btw, if anyone here has somehow managed to not watch it yet Wink
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 04:29:13 AM

Full episode is still on CBS.com btw, if anyone here has somehow managed to not watch it yet Wink

a good game to play while watching it, is to take a swig of your beer every time you hear the word bitcoin, 3x bitcoin in less then 10 seconds means you have to down your beer.

you'll need alot of beer.  Wink

enmaku

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 04:38:11 AM

a good game to play while watching it, is to take a swig of your beer every time you hear the word bitcoin, 3x bitcoin in less then 10 seconds means you have to down your beer.

you'll need alot of beer.  Wink

I'm remembering this for the next time I need an excuse to get trashed Tongue
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 05:28:51 AM

anybody who understands what Jim Cramer is about had to have viewed his role on the Good Wife as a VERY bullish sign for Bitcoin.  his mere participation at the least made him more aware of what is going on and it's his job to figure out what's the next hot thing.  i know he doesn't do the best job at it, at least publicly, but he does have the connections and inside track on things.

i bought more Bitcoin after that episode.
plus one

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
tiberiandusk

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 06:26:49 AM

Jason Biggs and bitcoin just don't go together for me

Perhaps if he tried fucking a bitcoin.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:41:24 AM

I really like Jim Cramer.  He's always been an advocate of doing your own research and watching out for your investment.  Back in '05 or '06 there's a video of him screaming at the top of his lungs about how subprime mortgages are terrible and going to cause the biggest crash in the economy we've ever seen, and when he went on Jon Stewart as a representative of the financial side and Stewart just ripped into him, he basically sat there and took it and said yeah you got screwed and it was our fault.  I'm reading his autobiography now by the way too, and it's pretty fascinating.  I really feel like he's one of the good guys.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:19:48 AM

Well, both bitcoins and pies are round... so...
tiberiandusk

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:20:22 AM

Bitcoins feel like a bag of sand.

waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:49:20 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2012, 12:26:34 PM by waspoza

Bitcoins feel like a bag of sand.

You mixed up different movies im affraid.  Wink

Besides, bitcoin is a pancake, not pie.  Tongue
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 12:00:47 PM

He probably only tweeted because I maaaay have pestered him a couple times over the last few days about it (I'm @KJ6CCZ, ham radio operators UNITE!). Good to actually hear that he endorses Bitcoin though!

Dude!  You look just like one of the guys on Mythbusters!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:52:22 AM

sweet

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: