Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:08:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Customer Service From BitInstant Guys....  (Read 1042 times)
BTC_Explorer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:17:47 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 06:11:06 PM by BTC_Explorer

Yesterday (10th of August, 2012) I deposited a good amount of USD (cash) to buy some BTC and unfortunately it has been more than 8-10 hours now and I haven't received my BTC in email yet. I have been to the support chat room several times and all of them were idle most of the time.

I am not sure if there is any problem with their notification/email server. Anyway, I would appreciate a response from BitInstant guys to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
BTC Explorer

=========================

Update:
I felt morally obligated to change the thread title from "BitInstant.com is not Instant Rather Hugely Delayed" to what it is now. I did receive excellent customer service from BitInstant guys within few hours of posting in this thread.

Due to the delay as described in the original post I received "X" amount of BTC less than what was estimated by BitInstant website during the invoice generation. After exchanging couple of emails with Yankee (BitInstant Guy) I got that "X" BTC amount credited to me and all this was done within fairly reasonable time.

It feels like they do care about the customer satisfaction but I feel that their website needs to be updated appropriately so that the customers with issues (of course with their system) can be directed properly for better resolution. Now there can be a whole lot that be said about what to improve but I think this should be a good pointer for them.

I am quite happy with the customer service I got from them and I would not hesitate to do business with them in the future.

Thanks a lot Yankee. Appreciate your prompt help. Hope it did not take much of your weekend time.

Regards,
BTC Explorer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:10:07 PM

Yesterday (10th of August, 2012) I deposited a good amount of USD (cash) to buy some BTC and unfortunately it has been more than 8-10 hours now and I haven't received my BTC in email yet. I have been to the support chat room several times and all of them were idle most of the time.

I am not sure if there is any problem with their notification/email server. Anyway, I would appreciate a response from BitInstant guys to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
BTC Explorer
Have you deposited the exact amount of the USD? (even 1 cent more counts). If that's so, you'll have to email them and ask. That said, Yankee (Bitinstant guy) is fairly active here and he'll get to you in no time.
chipp

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 05:20:10 PM

I also have this problem, I sent a Moneygram nearly 24hrs ago, which Moneygram confirms was delivered to the correct destination and account, and still no BTC. I have been calling/going into Live Chat since before 5pm Eastern Time yesterday and they will not respond. So much for "instant"  Angry
BTC_Explorer (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:32:59 PM

Have you deposited the exact amount of the USD? (even 1 cent more counts). If that's so, you'll have to email them and ask. That said, Yankee (Bitinstant guy) is fairly active here and he'll get to you in no time.

Yes, I did pay the exact amount.

Anyway, I finally got my BTC after long wait. It could be a temporary glitch in their system.

Thanks,
BTC Explorer
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 11:36:58 PM

Yes, I did pay the exact amount.

Anyway, I finally got my BTC after long wait. It could be a temporary glitch in their system.

Thanks,
BTC Explorer

Hey,

Sorry about the delay.

99.9% of the time it is instant, however MtGox API was down earlier today- a problem we are fixing for the future.

If you want to email me your order ID and I can fully refund your fee's. It would be great if you can edit the title thread as well.

Thanks for your business

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BTC_Explorer (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 04:59:40 PM

Please read the update in the original post about the excellent customer service I received from the BitInstant Guys.

Thanks!
axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 05:27:53 PM

BitInstant is getting a lot of good karma in the Newbie forum Smiley 
Meddol

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 05:31:49 PM

I've always had good experiences with BitInstant, it actually surprised me to see a negative review about it (even though you obviously fixed it now :p)
unartisticinc

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:37:22 PM

This sounds similar to my problem -- I placed a MoneyGram purchase about 17 hrs ago and haven't received the bitcoin. ZipZap shows a Paid status but not BitInstant or the exchange. I did place an email to BitInstant and got a brief reply quickly, but no resolution as of yet. Wondering if this is a random thing (on the first order?) or if I could have done something differently to prevent the error. Hopefully, it gets resolved quickly because I would likely be a repeat customer if the thing works.

I agree with the post about the live chat -- from a liability standpoint, perhaps they should consider removing the link from their website if the chat isn't monitored.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:50:52 PM

I've always had good experiences with BitInstant, it actually surprised me to see a negative review about it (even though you obviously fixed it now :p)

Judging by your scammer tag, is a pitty your customers can's say the same about you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: