Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC good investment?  (Read 3662 times)
Parzival (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:23:06 PM

I thought to buy small amount of LTC cause they seem to be cheap now. Do You think LTC price will increase when the next BTC bubble comes like it did the last time?
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:30:54 PM

What if there won´t be another BTC bubble  Huh

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
ddcorn

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

NO, bitcoin is slowly dropping back to $0, so is litecoin
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:51:39 PM

Yeah, it's clearly going to $0 man, meanwhile this is what's going on in the real life, aka outside your mom's basement:

You guys have no notions in investing whatsoever.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:54:07 PM

And you created a brand new account just to say that?

Why don't you just use your normal account to say stuff like that?

@OP

It's your money but I would advice you to invest in Bitcoin.

With the current price you can firmly hold your Bitcoins without worrying for a few years. It's not that hard. You only need patience.
Parzival (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

@OP

With the current price you can firmly hold your Bitcoins without worrying for a few years. It's not that hard. You only need patience.

The last time the LTC  price went around 40. When the next bubble comes I guess we all expect the prices to go much higher. So if things go like last time the LTC price could be like 50 x (price now) or more...This means there could be more profits to make from LTC than from BTC because LTC is so cheap now.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:07:04 PM

@OP

The last time the LTC  price went around 40. When the next bubble comes I guess we all expect the prices to go much higher. So if things go like last time the LTC price could be like 50 x (price now) or more...This means there could be more profits to make from LTC than from BTC because LTC is so cheap now.

Sorry to say, but you need to stop believing in fantasy stories about Litecoin.

Litecoin will never ever recover to old way overpriced levels. It was just a mega pump. Other altcoins got mega pumped as well.

People like you who believe Litecoin will go to over $50 again will get burned.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:09:31 PM

no, better to reserve money for bitcoin only now, bitcoin is not in a good shape, this mean other currency are going through a phase that is even worse
cramved

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

In the past LTC has gone up and down with bit coin but this is not the case anymore as the price relative to btc has gone down a lot. I would stay away from alt coins as they don't seem to be as stable as they once were.
ddcorn

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:15:12 PM

Yeah, it's clearly going to $0 man, meanwhile this is what's going on in the real life, aka outside your mom's basement:

http://btcfeed.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/bitcoinq4141.jpg

You guys have no notions in investing whatsoever.

No, VC invested into bitcoin fee-based services exchangers,miners,payment service to make money before bitcoin finally hit $0
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:20:18 PM

@OP

The last time the LTC  price went around 40. When the next bubble comes I guess we all expect the prices to go much higher. So if things go like last time the LTC price could be like 50 x (price now) or more...This means there could be more profits to make from LTC than from BTC because LTC is so cheap now.

The difference is that last time clone-coins were a novelty and most people, being morons, hadn't yet figured out that there's no lasting value to something that doesn't do anything fundamentally new/better *and* has no first-mover/network-effect advantage.

At this point, the ecosystem better understands that bitcoin is the value/money chain, with a likely insurmountable network effect. Coins like LTC which are just clones with parameter tweaks offer nothing over bitcoin, and now that the novelty has worn off, and alts that *do* offer legitimately interesting features exist, the market is (finally) beginning to price the clone-coins rationally. For a coin to even potentially have longevity, it must offer something that bitcoin does not. Money and technological-protocols both exhibit strong network effects. Bitcoin is both, so a coin needs to be *meaningfully* different in order to fill a niche (eg, inherent chain privacy, etc).

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:23:37 PM

No, VC invested into bitcoin fee-based services exchangers,miners,payment service to make money before bitcoin finally hit $0

Their LP arrangements typically prevent them from investing in currencies or non-equity assets in the funds directly, but many of the VCs and fund-managers who've made equity plays in the bitcoin space have also said that they hold bitcoin personally. Not surprising - these are generally visionary people, who are not risk-averse. Holding bitcoin for the long-term and being a successful VC both require those properties. Something you likely find tough to see through your myopia.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Parzival (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:30:49 PM

@OP

The last time the LTC  price went around 40. When the next bubble comes I guess we all expect the prices to go much higher. So if things go like last time the LTC price could be like 50 x (price now) or more...This means there could be more profits to make from LTC than from BTC because LTC is so cheap now.

The difference is that last time clone-coins were a novelty and most people, being morons, hadn't yet figured out that there's no lasting value to something that doesn't do anything fundamentally new/better *and* has no first-mover/network-effect advantage.

At this point, the ecosystem better understands that bitcoin is the value/money chain, with a likely insurmountable network effect. Coins like LTC which are just clones with parameter tweaks offer nothing over bitcoin, and now that the novelty has worn off, and alts that *do* offer legitimately interesting features exist, the market is (finally) beginning to price the clone-coins rationally. For a coin to even potentially have longevity, it must offer something that bitcoin does not. Money and technological-protocols both exhibit strong network effects. Bitcoin is both, so a coin needs to be *meaningfully* different in order to fill a niche (eg, inherent chain privacy, etc).

Your analysis may be correct but bubbles are (more) about psychology than about the fundamentals. So when the next bubble comes the morons might still buy like crazy...
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:34:38 PM

Litecoin is slipping, ltc-btc pair has dropped 60% in 6 months. Litecoin needs a good burst of good news to recover and I cannot see it happening. Perhaps convert a small percentage of your bitcoin into litecoin to test your theory, buy should convert back if drops a further 10%.
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:45:45 PM

"A rising tide lifts all boats" someone said to me not so long ago.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:52:48 PM

The reason litecoin went up with bitcoin last time wasn't from fundamentals but from the newly interested people getting into crypto since bull market was steaming along. These people wanted to own a substantial amount of something and at that point along the market uptick, they came in and were only able to afford a few bitcoin and then they promptly saw they could get many more of the second tier candidate, litecoin. These people knew nothing about litecoin having the faster transaction speed nor didn't care either. It was all about hopping on the train that had already left and why ltc/btc rate goes up during these rare events because there's lots of newer people getting in and wanting to have more of one thing than they can attain by holding the other. Just think about the psychology of the the mainstream or those newest to a market and outside one's niche thoughts and understandings of the intricacies of crypto. These newer people aren't initially buying this stuff to spend it, just to make more fiat value to cash out depending where their entrance point was along the track. And yes, I hold of decent amount of litecoin for precisely this reason and play the ups and downs accordingly.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:56:03 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 12:58:08 AM by MicroGuy

I thought to buy small amount of LTC cause they seem to be cheap now. Do You think LTC price will increase when the next BTC bubble comes like it did the last time?

I feel that the fickle consumer will ultimately determine which altcoins succeed.

Based on Litecoin's recent abandonment of development and its goofy name, I think it will eventually go the way of the web crawler. The next big investment opportunity will probably come from a coin currently off the radar.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:57:03 AM

I feel that the fickle consumer will ultimately determine which altcoins succeed.

Based on Litecoin's recent abandonment of development and its goofy name, I think it will eventually go the way of the web crawler.

Litecoin has not abandoned development, stop spreading FUD microguy and get back to your own centralised vapourware goldcoin.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:02:54 AM

Based on Litecoin's recent abandonment of development and its goofy name, I think it will eventually go the way of the web crawler.

Litecoin has not abandoned development, stop spreading FUD microguy and get back to your own centralised vapourware goldcoin.

I was thinking Charlie Lee had said on Twitter that Litecoin development had stopped. https://twitter.com/litecamel/status/544807537116479488

LTC does not need development right now. Adding gimmicks does not help a currency succeed. Liquidity, merchants, and user does.

In regards to Goldcoin, we're in the final stages before releasing the long-awaited client. How is GLD centralized?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:30:30 AM

I was thinking Charlie Lee had said on Twitter that Litecoin development had stopped. https://twitter.com/litecamel/status/544807537116479488

LTC does not need development right now. Adding gimmicks does not help a currency succeed. Liquidity, merchants, and user does.

In regards to Goldcoin, we're in the final stages before releasing the long-awaited client. How is GLD centralized?

Litecoin's not adding the latest gimmicks (like all the latest pump n dump scamcoins) but its still under constant development like its always been.

Goldcoin has one dev completely controlling the client, maintaining the chain. and you microguy censor anything you don't like within your community and even self mod threads here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: