Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC good investment?  (Read 3662 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:22:29 PM

LTC is only here because bitcoin fanboy want it to be. If they wanted they would already 51% attack it.
Like they did with feathercoin/worldcoin and many more.

The true reason why Bitcoin is falling is, there're still to many thiefs and scammers in this community.

Why kill LTC? People who can do that actually are making money of cryptocurrencies. They will kill not only LTC, but their future profits as well. Otherwise it's true... too many scammers since 2014.

I don't think anyone is going to deliberately kill LTC, it is just kind of fading away.
cramved

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:25:33 PM

LTC is only here because bitcoin fanboy want it to be. If they wanted they would already 51% attack it.

The true reason why Bitcoin is falling is, there're still to many thiefs and scammers in this community.

Why kill LTC? People who can do that actually are making money of cryptocurrencies. They will kill not only LTC, but their future profits as well. Otherwise it's true... too many scammers since 2014.

I don't think anyone is going to deliberately kill LTC, it is just kind of fading away.

Excatly for ltc the price is related to the hype around it more hype higher price, the hype fades so does the price.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:08:07 AM

LTC won't fad anytime soon unlike 99% of the alts it has a purpose (whether or not its the makers original purpose is beside the point). In fact the more alts pumped out the least likely one will overtake it.

LTC can also stay a tad under the radar while its big brother cops it should anyone have any malice intent.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:02:55 AM

That seems to be what is happening. Perhaps a lesson can be gained by understanding this tragic descent into irrelevance.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:46:51 AM

Just going to leave this here for the trolls and detractors.....

coinfire.io/2015/03/23/litecoin-com-launched/

World crypto network https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLVwMFWGseA&feature=youtu.be

Musings of a shibe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xe3WQ6Lqgk

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/113704/the-real-mage-on-litecoin-sidechains-altcoins

I got a lot more, this is recent news info and there is more to come. Anyways I know this is centric to me but I do a lot for Litecoin so its still pertinent. Smiley

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 07:26:30 AM

Current LTC price is low, because people with ASICs are selling it low. This is one of the main reasons. Other main reason are scams (from which Bitcoin suffers as well). People are distracted for a coins with "innovations". Just look on the posts when some new coin is launched. Almost everyone is asking for innovations and roadmaps. Most of the people are saying: "Nah, LTC is old.. go for "anothershitcoinwithfancylogoandpromises" and get rich in 2 days.". This is going to change sooner or later. We are not in November/December 2013 and people will understand that cryptocurrencies exist because of the coins mentioned above. Yes, there will be couple of more which will slip through with them, but most of the rest will just die, because people are launching/following them only because of the fiat they can earn. Those people don't love cryptocurrencies... they are after the money. When you are doing business you need not only thinking about the profit, but to take care your "baby" as well.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:33:43 AM

That seems to be what is happening. Perhaps a lesson can be gained by understanding this tragic descent into irrelevance.

well what does it say to you that the largest holder of your goldcoin only holds to make more litecoin  Wink
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:35:05 AM

Current LTC price is low, because people with ASICs are selling it low. This is one of the main reasons. Other main reason are scams (from which Bitcoin suffers as well). People are distracted for a coins with "innovations". Just look on the posts when some new coin is launched. Almost everyone is asking for innovations and roadmaps. Most of the people are saying: "Nah, LTC is old.. go for "anothershitcoinwithfancylogoandpromises" and get rich in 2 days.". This is going to change sooner or later. We are not in November/December 2013 and people will understand that cryptocurrencies exist because of the coins mentioned above. Yes, there will be couple of more which will slip through with them, but most of the rest will just die, because people are launching/following them only because of the fiat they can earn. Those people don't love cryptocurrencies... they are after the money. When you are doing business you need not only thinking about the profit, but to take care your "baby" as well.

innovation or bust trust  Wink   (just a hint to why litecoin will likely outlive most other cryptos if they go mainstream).
cramved

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:16:47 PM

innovation or bust trust  Wink   (just a hint to why litecoin will likely outlive most other cryptos if they go mainstream).

This is a problem where people are just mining when there is hype surrounding a coin so they can make a quick buck. If people cared about the coins they would stick around, look at dogecoin that thing blew up was all over the news and everything and look at it now it is way smaller than it once was.
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

How many people here still believe in LTC? I do. Price doesn't mean "value". As others said there are so many reasons for low pricing, but everytime BTC goes up, LTC follows somehow. Market cap today was $ 66,658,511 , still 3x DRK.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:08:46 PM

This is a problem where people are just mining when there is hype surrounding a coin so they can make a quick buck. If people cared about the coins they would stick around, look at dogecoin that thing blew up was all over the news and everything and look at it now it is way smaller than it once was.

The winners I feel will be those that gain traction with the general consumer. I don't think a coin named after cheap beer and low-tar cigarettes is well equipped to attract widespread consumer adoption.

Further complicate the matter by adding a developer that thinks the coin has reached maturity and needs no further development, and you have a recipe for stagnation and future decline.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:09:43 PM

How many people here still believe in LTC? I do. Price doesn't mean "value".

Where's the value

griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:10:23 PM

Hell no,dont waste your money on LTC.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:29:41 AM

The winners I feel will be those that gain traction with the general consumer. I don't think a coin named after cheap beer and low-tar cigarettes is well equipped to attract widespread consumer adoption.

Further complicate the matter by adding a developer that thinks the coin has reached maturity and needs no further development, and you have a recipe for stagnation and future decline.

again microguy stop taking coblee's words out of context to spread FUD. coblee simply doesn't want panic so called 'innovative' changes to litecoin like all those other alts that do it simply to pump n dump.

litecoin actually has decent liquidity unlike your goldcoin which has basically no liquidity except when either you or someone who's not even a fan of your coin buys  Shocked
d0om

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:10:44 AM

LTC is cheap. There, three words and you have all you need to know. Jeez, investing is hard, isn't it?

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:22:32 AM

again microguy stop taking coblee's words out of context to spread FUD. coblee simply doesn't want panic so called 'innovative' changes to litecoin like all those other alts that do it simply to pump n dump.

It's just an opinion and certainly not FUD.

After all, I'm not the one that said Litecoin development was no longer needed, Charlie Lee is the one that made that statement.  Kiss
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:27:08 AM

na statements like this arent spreading FUD at all are they mircroguy  Roll Eyes

well atleast goldcoin will never descend into irrelevance......as its never had a time of relevance to lose  Kiss
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:31:41 AM

How did I know kelsey would be in here

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 06:32:29 AM

Doge succeeded mostly because of wolong's pumps (and Panda's money) and then because of the hype that followed. It is still way too overpriced. If we are talking about coins who succeeded, I will point to DNotes. They never created hype and they are still around. Look at their stable growth.

P.S. I don't have any DNote since months.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 11:02:55 AM

na statements like this arent spreading FUD at all are they mircroguy  Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/litecamel/status/544807537116479488
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: