Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC good investment?  (Read 3662 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:57:38 AM

Microguy all you're comments show that you either don't understand the context of what Coblee was saying or you're just pretending to be ignorant to continue to spread you're FUD  Roll Eyes
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:02:50 AM

Microguy all you're comments show that you either don't understand the context of what Coblee was saying or you're just pretending to be ignorant to continue to spread you're FUD  Roll Eyes

When someone says something like that, it's open to interpretation. We simply disagree on the interpretation.

He also goes on later in that exchange and basically says, "it's not up to me, you guys deal with it."
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:18:34 AM

Here's a little insight into what's going on @ Coinbase: https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/569914763263606785

I assume he's also talking about Litecoin (LTC).  Cry
bitrev

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:55:00 AM

Microguy all you're comments show that you either don't understand the context of what Coblee was saying or you're just pretending to be ignorant to continue to spread you're FUD  Roll Eyes

When someone says something like that, it's open to interpretation. We simply disagree on the interpretation.

He also goes on later in that exchange and basically says, "it's not up to me, you guys deal with it."

Well, There is this and the leader (TheMage) who supports the LTCGear ponzi.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:26:29 AM

Here's a little insight into what's going on @ Coinbase: https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/569914763263606785

I assume he's also talking about Litecoin (LTC).  Cry

think you'll find themage discuss that he the links he posted you, you probably even pinpointed that out of the discussion in an attempt to attack litecoin even more.

dude stick to your own coin instead of spreading FUD about others, I mean you have alot to do to prevent the big bagholder with all the premine from dumping all the goldcoin at any time your coin spikes in price.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 06:49:13 AM

dude stick to your own coin instead of spreading FUD about others, I mean you have alot to do to prevent the big bagholder with all the premine from dumping all the goldcoin at any time your coin spikes in price.

You just keep saying FUD over and over again without making any valid arguments. Are you in the tenth grade? And I couldn't care less who dumps what.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 06:57:56 AM

I already said it, will repeat it again. Charlie Lee is absolutely right about the adoption. Same goes for Bitcoin in that matter. Armstrong's opinion about sidechains was questioned number of times by one of the best developers in altcoin world. Thing is that cryptocurrencies biggest problem at the moment is adoption. That is probably why tech guys try to make something new, which in some cases is not relevant. If you want you can take 1 million coders to work on Bitcoin, make it something HUGE from the tech side.. I'd prefer to hear Bill Gates saying: "I'll invest 10% of my fortune in Bitcoin". Think which will affect the market more.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:30:50 AM

You just keep saying FUD over and over again without making any valid arguments. Are you in the tenth grade? And I couldn't care less who dumps what.

my valid argument is you are just picking and choosing odds and ends to other statements to use out of context and spread FUD about litecoin.

yes we know you don't care about goldcoin, goldcoin's just a pump n dump for you.

so what FUD am I saying?
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:59:29 AM

I thought to buy small amount of LTC cause they seem to be cheap now. Do You think LTC price will increase when the next BTC bubble comes like it did the last time?

yes litecoin is a very good risk/reward price right now, probably a better buy then bitcoin.
aspect

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:43:32 AM

I wanted to make a comment specifically on everyone quoting Charles in this thread.

What Charles meant under "no development" is simple.  We are not adding any "gimmick" features to Litecoin protocol. We are making sure that Litecoin remains a stable and reliable network compatible with Bitcoin API.

What we are currently doing is focusing on integration and adoption. 

We have recently created https://litecoin.com and are currently focusing on merchant adoption as well as strategical integration with different service providers.  These things take time and we are not in a rush. We are doing this properly and one step at a time.

The ecosystem has drastically changed over the last few years.  51% attacks used to destroy projects.  Now, they are just dismissed as a natural phenomena.  Pre-mines used to be considered as scams, now they are simply called ICOs.  Super fast coins have been released by people who do not understand things like block propagation time and forums are flooded by people who post on topics they do not even understand.

At the same time, a number of really amazing projects have been created and I truly wish they succeed in their decentralization efforts.

Litecoin has a strong following of people who continue supporting the ecosystem.  The network did not get where it is today by an accident.  IMO the fact that some people have lost interest due to price decline is irrelevant.  I see people get paid for their services and sell products for Litecoin every day.

As Andreas Antonopoulous frequently says "Bitcion is a dumb network" ...and so is Litecion.  That is the beauty of it. The main purpose of Litecion is to provide a reliable transfer of value. Everything else is secondary.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: