Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Need To Stop This NOW!!!! [DEVS AND USERS PLEASE READ]  (Read 4843 times)
SistaFista (OP)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:37:59 AM

Thanks Fiesta.

People should always scan files /websites before downloading anything from the internet.

Good Antivirus with latest updates and Malwarebytes Premium (well worth the money) is crucial.

Also there are good online scanners e.g.

https://www.virustotal.com

http://quttera.com/website-malware-scanner.

I think you deserved some PayCon.

Post your adress in PayCon thread pls so i can send you some when i´m at home from work Smiley

I don't want any reward, I just want this to be a safe as possible community. Thanks for the offer though

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:12:29 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:56:31 AM by tx42

FonzieCoin
10K Coin
TwisterCoin
GlobalCoin
PayCon
Tecoin

No need to save the people who buy/mine these shitcoins. The deserve to loose their money

And you deserve whatever bad things have happened to you. Life hasn't been perfect for you has it, asshole? Unemployed? Angry? Girlfriendless? Ugly? Fat? There's a reason for your misfortunes. It's because you are a shitty person.

And XMR is a clone of Bytecoin with literally NOTHING new.

If you are going to call out shitcoins, you should get out of yours first.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:31:17 AM

FonzieCoin
10K Coin
TwisterCoin
GlobalCoin
PayCon
Tecoin

No need to save the people who buy/mine these shitcoins. The deserve to loose their money

That's the attitude I was hoping to avoid.... And people that cant spell

What is a "shitcoin" to you?

A shitcoin is any coin that is not Bitcoin or Namecoin.

Basically, any coin without a useful purpose or reason to exist other than to exist is a shitcoin. Changing a few parameters to make it "different" than bitcoin is not a sufficient reason to create a new coin. Creating a new coin to serve an entirely new purpose, such as Namecoin, is not a shitcoin. Litecoin, the first shitcoin, is a perfect example. It serves no purpose, other than to change some aspects of Bitcoin, but is otherwise exactly the same and serves as nothing but a proxy for bitcoin.

SistaFista (OP)

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:05:14 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:19:16 AM by SistaFista

FonzieCoin
10K Coin
TwisterCoin
GlobalCoin
PayCon
Tecoin

Basically, any coin without a useful purpose or reason to exist other than to exist is a shitcoin. Changing a few parameters to make it "different" than bitcoin is not a sufficient reason to create a new coin. Creating a new coin to serve an entirely new purpose, such as Namecoin, is not a shitcoin. Litecoin, the first shitcoin, is a perfect example. It serves no purpose, other than to change some aspects of Bitcoin, but is otherwise exactly the same and serves as nothing but a proxy for bitcoin.

A lot of people work very hard on creating a coin to serve a purpose. Without "shitcoins" there would be slow/no innovation. Bitcoin was a "shitcoin" compared to fiat currency in the early days, but people adopted it much like alt's people will accept the few projects that show promise. I don't know if your new around here but now-a-days most devs don't just "change a few parameters". "shitcoin's" are also a great ways to test new ideas and if people like them, then they will be successful if they don't they will be classed as shitcoin's by people like you that have no idea what their talking about. Users then read your comments and lose faith, then the dev gives up at making new innovations/tending to there community and move on to the next project.

Also a lot of devs run beta tests to "test the water" and offer people the chance to have there say, before committing to releasing a full blown project that could go bad and make them look incapable.

This is not a thread for your views on "shitcoins" so I ask kindly if you would keep on topic and stop answering for other peoples.

Yet another pillar of the community bashing other peoples hard work. Great

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:10:19 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:55:47 AM by tx42

FonzieCoin
10K Coin
TwisterCoin
GlobalCoin
PayCon
Tecoin

Thanks 7 post noob. You are a worthless copy of your parents with no substantial changes.

So you are a shit-person by your own uninformed, brain-dead logic.

With 7 posts, you likely know nothing that you talk about. Go back to reading the comments section of USA Today articles for your "knowledge".

Meanwhile, it takes 6 weeks to sync bitcoin and transactions only take an hour and a half to confirm.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:07:04 AM

Let's not attack people for calling shit-coin and whatnot (don't feed Smiley )

I personally find it's better not to reply or change the subject otherwise you get off-topic and end up arguing with people. The easiest way to end an argument is just to agree with a person, pretty hard to fight with someone agreeing with some points and maybe correcting bad information without insulting them too much. Arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics, even if you win you are still a retard for participating Wink

Lets get some more ideas going and see if we can come up with some good, safe methods for people. I could put together a guide for people but I am more along the lines that the answer needs to be a simple and easy thing to do, think off everything with the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid).
Snagglebone

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:31:37 PM

Someone asked what a shitcoin was. I did not bring up the topic. I'm sorry if you feel that I have somehow tread upon your sacred cow, but the fact of the matter is, all coins that don't provide a utility beyond what bitcoin already provides are shitcoins. Yes, they may provide some innovation and insight into how you could improve bitcoin, but that does not make it somehow "not-a-shitcoin." It's still a shitcoin. I never said shitcoins can't be useful, because they certainly can. It doesn't make them good coins though.

If a coin doesn't provide some utility beyond what's already provided by another coin (namely Bitcoin or Namecoin) then it is by definition a shitcoin.
SistaFista (OP)

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:36:05 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 07:46:46 PM by SistaFista

Someone asked what a shitcoin was. I did not bring up the topic. I'm sorry if you feel that I have somehow tread upon your sacred cow, but the fact of the matter is, all coins that don't provide a utility beyond what bitcoin already provides are shitcoins. Yes, they may provide some innovation and insight into how you could improve bitcoin, but that does not make it somehow "not-a-shitcoin." It's still a shitcoin. I never said shitcoins can't be useful, because they certainly can. It doesn't make them good coins though.

If a coin doesn't provide some utility beyond what's already provided by another coin (namely Bitcoin or Namecoin) then it is by definition a shitcoin.

TLDR - OK bro, move along now please. Thanks for teaching us about your unwanted poisonous views. Clearly most of us have been around long enough to know what your saying is your deluded opinion. Folk like you are not wanted in this discussion and boggles my mind how you are even here in the "shitcoin" forum if you hate them? Obviously you have to much time on your hands and over opinionated.

BACK ON TOPIC OR REPORT!

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
GameOfBit

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:59:09 PM

After a search for Tecoin, I've discovered this thread. I'm here to clear some stuff up. If I or any of the Tecoin community sees a clone post, we'll be first on the scene to report it.

This is the ONLY Tecoin thread, made my myself - the new Tecoin developer:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006784.0

I'm only posting this here to avoid any FUD (FUD as in worry, not fully-undetectable). I understand the thread is a bit old, and doesn't need a bump, but, I'm here to let anyone know who's Googling Tecoin that this is not happening after the community takeover.

Thanks Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◯ ●     REPME     ● ◯ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██    TWITTER    █ ▌  WHITEPAPER  ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:06:50 AM

Ok

The issue was about new users quoting topics and replacing with malicious links, I wonder if we could make a community warning force.
GameOfBit

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:24:30 AM

Ok

The issue was about new users quoting topics and replacing with malicious links, I wonder if we could make a community warning force.

I've actually seen a few clone threads, too. Username looks similar to the actual dev's, too. It's a typical method of phishing. Say someone were to try to make a Tecoin thread under the name GaneOfBit. Some people could mistake the "n" for an "m", and think I made another thread. People download the "Qt" that's really just a RAT disguised as the Qt, run it, and they're infected. Same thing happens on Steam all the time. Spambots message you saying they want to trade for your CS:GO item, with a Steam phishing site attached.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:27:47 AM

Ok

I've actually seen a few clone threads, too. Username looks similar to the actual dev's, too. It's a typical method of phishing. Say someone were to try to make a Tecoin thread under the name GaneOfBit. Some people could mistake the "n" for an "m", and think I made another thread. People download the "Qt" that's really just a RAT disguised as the Qt, run it, and they're infected. Same thing happens on Steam all the time. Spambots message you saying they want to trade for your CS:GO item, with a Steam phishing site attached.

Ok, good to know

What do you have for ideas in ways to combat this?
GameOfBit

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:43:23 AM

Ok

Ok, good to know

What do you have for ideas in ways to combat this?

None, really. Just put a sticky up warning people to double check.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:55:07 AM

FonzieCoin
10K Coin
TwisterCoin
GlobalCoin
PayCon
Tecoin

Those listed above.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Snagglebone

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:08:49 AM

A shitcoin is any coin that isn't BTC or NMC. Until a coin comes out that serves a purpose beyond being a proxy for BTC, it is by definition a shitcoin. NMC is the only coin other than BTC that serves a useful purpose.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:33:56 AM

A shitcoin is any coin that isn't BTC or NMC. Until a coin comes out that serves a purpose beyond being a proxy for BTC, it is by definition a shitcoin. NMC is the only coin other than BTC that serves a useful purpose.

What do you think of chongchang coin?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 09:34:44 AM

A profoundly unheroic post. Reflects quite badly on your judgement.

Cheers

Graham
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:50:46 AM

Cheers

Graham

I wasn't aware there were standards a persons rank should stand on?
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:40:45 AM

Cheers

Graham

Pffft.. please...  Since when do people take the altcoin section seriously.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:30:03 PM

[I wasn't aware there were standards a persons rank should stand on?

Just an emergent property. It's hard work being a dick all of the time so the longer someone's been around, the less of a dick they are, generally. There's always an exception that proves the rule, though.

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: