Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:27:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Bitinstant.com - you'll get them eventually.  (Read 3814 times)
chipp (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 08:06:27 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 01:29:02 AM by psy

bit"instant".com has me very upset. I used the service in the first place with a promise of bitcoins within an hour max. I made my deposit during business hours, which was over 24hrs ago and still have not received them. They do not answer the phone, do not answer e-mails, and they all idle in their Live Support IRC room and do not respond (All during business hours mind you.)

That said, bitinstant.com is not a bank FFS,  It's not like they sit at a counter waiting for business, there's no reason anyone should be delayed recieving their BTC because they choose to keep banker's hours.

Finally I found the owner on this forum, Yankee, who was online. I send him a PM explaining what happened, and he replies simply saying to e-mail him *again* which I did right away. Then he goes offline here,sends a generic pre-made reply to my 2nd email I sent to him, and doesn't respond to my emails still after an additional 4hrs. Really?

I don't know what to do at this point, and I hate to talk bad about a business - but no order, money missing, no support, no replies, and aparently they all keep bankers hours? This is terrible customer service to say the least.

PLEASE BITINSTANT GIVE ME MY BITCOINS!!!
DieselMyNiesel

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 08:49:20 PM

I have used them many times before with alot of success  Huh Huh Huh Huh
chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:24:26 PM

That's all well and good, I've heard that from many people, but when there's a problem, NO SUPPORT. This is crazy, I have money missing and nobody wants to help.
DieselMyNiesel

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:34:28 PM

Made your deposit where? At a bank? Should talk to them. At a moneygram place? pick up the red phone.
chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:36:15 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2012, 09:53:12 PM by chipp

It was money gram, I have already contacted them and they confirmed all info on the payment slip and that it was delivered. Also, why tell me to email him personally and then not respond? I'm loosing money over not having these BTC right now, and had I known it could possibly take going on 27hrs now, I would have sought private trade....

They're false advertising both with their guarantee of instant bitcoins, and 24/7 support.  Cry
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:00:53 PM

Whoa whoa relax!

You sent us 1 email on a Saturday with no information about your order!

We responded to you asking for your order information.

Please be patient as I responded to everything

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

That is untrue, I have sent the information to you on here via PM, support@bitinstant, charlie@bitinstant, called, everything, and still no BTC. I have been in your live chat for hours, no response.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:11:13 PM

That is untrue, I have sent the information to you on here via PM, support@bitinstant, charlie@bitinstant, called, everything, and still no BTC. I have been in your live chat for hours, no response.

Yes it is true.

First, you sent 2 emails to us. I responded asking you for information regarding your order.

I asked you for copies of the moneygram slip and zipzap confirmation to verify your order.

I still have neither information.

I just responded again to your email asking for this information

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:16:31 PM

I already gave you the confirmation numbers for both - I will send both AGAIN right now. I certainly hope you don't expect me to find a scanner and scan these pages due to whatever is happening at your office.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:19:55 PM

I already gave you the confirmation numbers for both - I will send both AGAIN right now. I certainly hope you don't expect me to find a scanner and scan these pages due to whatever is happening at your office.

Yes. Those numbers you gave me are not good.

Basically, there is a 9 digit account number which was on the slip and zipzap's email.

if you can send me that number without scanning, its cool.

Please send me that.

Thanks

Charlie

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:25:36 PM

UPDATE:

The reason your order failed is because 'invalid recipient'

In the email address field, you wrote '79' instead of an email address or Bitcoin address.

Please give me your email address and I will process this order

Honestly, I understand everyone wants super premium service but we are a startup, and its a Saturday. When you don't get a response from us within 3-4 hours is it really neccesary to send 5 emails, PM's, calls, and RAGE at us in the forums? Is that fair?

Did I deserve this when it was your mistake?

Thanks

Charlie

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:34:15 PM

UPDATE 2:

Customer emailed us his correct email address.

The order will process within the hour after correcting his mistake.

OP: Do you mind editing your forum post and title considering this was not our fault?

Thanks

Charlie

chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:37:18 PM

UPDATE:

In the email address field, you wrote '79' instead of an email address or Bitcoin address.

Honestly, I understand everyone wants super premium service but we are a startup, and its a Saturday. When you don't get a response from us within 3-4 hours is it really neccesary to send 5 emails, PM's, calls, and RAGE at us in the forums? Is that fair?

Thanks

Charlie

How can you say 3-4hrs when you received my money 27hrs ago? Do you think you should advertise 24/7 support when you clearly do not have someone available 24/7? If that was the case, though supposedly it was my mistake, it should have been resolved right away by the "24/7 support" when I contacted yesterday via all methods. At 21:53 Friday I received a confirmation that you got my first complaint email, which was not sent until several hours after the payment was sent to you, and way more than 3-4hrs ago. Please elaborate.

I will consider editing it after I actually have my coins in hand, but I'd like answers to the above.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:50:20 PM

UPDATE:

Thanks

Charlie

How can you say 3-4hrs when you received my money 27hrs ago? Do you think you should advertise 24/7 support when you clearly do not have someone available 24/7? If that was the case, though supposedly it was my mistake, it should have been resolved right away by the "24/7 support" when I contacted yesterday via all methods. At 21:53 Friday I received a confirmation that you got my first complaint email, which was not sent until several hours after the payment was sent to you, and way more than 3-4hrs ago. Please elaborate.

I will consider editing it after I actually have my coins in hand, but I'd like answers to the above.

Chipp,

24/7 support does not mean you get an answer within 5 minutes lol. It means we have someone available 24/7 to respond.

Now, let's go over the facts.

I can post a screenshot here, but without your permission I would break privacy rules.
Essentially in the 'Destination Account' field, instead of entering an email, mobile number or Bitcoin address, you entered '79'
Due to that, your order failed later Friday evening (Event timestamp   Fri Aug 10 20:20:38 2012)

As you can see below, the first email we got from you was about 1:00am in the morning which I responded to you a few hours later when I woke up.

I requested information from you including your order details.

At that point, I went out for lunch.

I can back 3 hours later to about 4 PM's from you, 3 phone calls, and 2 more emails.
None of those emails or anything had the info I needed from you.

Then, after you and I started speaking in the forums you sent me the correct info and I looked it up.

Having found your order, I found the mistake you made.
In the 'Destination Account' field, instead of entering an email, mobile number or Bitcoin address, you entered '79'

After letting you know this, I promtly put the order in the que and it will be executed.

OP/Mod- Having seen this information PLEASE edit the thread title- this is causing me serious SEO issues which is not fair since it was a customer mistake.

Thanks

Charlie

chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:03:52 PM

You seem to be ignoring the fact that I've been trying to contact you for the passed 27hrs, almost straight. This is just now being worked on. If someone was available 26hrs ago, this would have been resolved 26hrs ago. Also, I do not think any mod should change the title until I confirm that I have my money in hand, as I am not yet satisfied.

Perhaps you should improve your order support practices to prevent rages like this from appearing, instead of asking moderators to cover it up.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 11:06:06 PM

You seem to be ignoring the fact that I've been trying to contact you for the passed 27hrs, almost straight. This is just now being worked on. If someone was available 26hrs ago, this would have been resolved 26hrs ago. Also, I do not think any mod should change the title until I confirm that I have my money in hand, as I am not yet satisfied.

Perhaps you should improve your order support practices to prevent rages like this from appearing, instead of asking moderators to cover it up.

What? Im not ignoring that fact! I totally addressed that.

Your first email: 1am Saturday morning
My response: 10am Saturday morning

Thats a 9 hour delay while I was sleeping.

Thats totally not fair! YOU made the mistake, not us!

If you did the correct info, your order would have processed within minutes!

When you email us Saturday 1am, no company is gonna respond within 1 hour which is what you wanted.

I responded to you as soon as I woke up.

C'mon dude, have some fairness here.

Charlie

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:07:12 PM

OP/Mod- Having seen this information PLEASE edit the thread title.

Thanks

HB
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:07:43 PM

24/7 support does not mean you get an answer within 5 minutes lol. It means we have someone available 24/7 to respond.
What the? So it means you DO have someone available to respond, but they might take a day?

If you're advertising 24/7 support and when someone has a problem getting in touch with you, you say "I was asleep" or "I was at lunch" - sorry - you're not living up to the claims you made. Hire someone to be on call or just don't pretend you have 24/7 support.

You put it in your business name and motto, I don't think you can really complain if someone calls you out on it by saying "oh, we're a start-up, be reasonable."

This is not an attack - I have advertised your business many times, just based on what I know about you guys and my own experience. Your response here is unsettling. I hope you will revise it.

chipp (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:10:05 PM

What the? So it means you DO have someone available to respond, but they might take a day?

If you're advertising 24/7 support and when someone has a problem getting in touch with you, you say "I was asleep" or "I was at lunch" - sorry - you're not living up to the claims you made. Hire someone to be on call or just don't pretend you have 24/7 support.

You put it in your business name and motto, I don't think you can really complain if someone calls you out on it by saying "oh, we're a start-up, be reasonable."

This is not an attack - I have advertised your business many times, just based on what I know about you guys and my own experience. Your response here is unsettling. I hope you will revise it.

^^^exactly my point.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 11:12:28 PM

Hey, I appreciate you posting this so I can clarify.

We do have people in 3 different time zones doing customer support. In fact, we are known in the community to having the one of the best customer support.

To this date, we have always resolved issues within 1 day and when it was our fault, we 100% refund the fee's

At the end of the day, all we ask is a customer wait a few hours before raging on the forums to hear back from us....especially when it was his mistake!

Usually, when Im wrong I admit fault....but I honestly can't see what we did wrong here?

The customer was responded to within a few hours and it was resolved. Time is Money.

-Charlie

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: