Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ★CoinAwesome ★Decentralized Social Platform ★Wallet ★Community ★EXCHANGE  (Read 16289 times)
CoinAwesome (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

CoinAwesome.com & WeTipCoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:30:40 PM

Rolling out an update for the wallet which should fix the facebook giveaway bug in 30 minutes. Check afterwards that you have got version 1.4.1 installed. Sorry for the inconveniences, but we can not really explain why suddenly the href attribute of the facebook connect had a trailing slash, which made the extension not recognize the link anymore...

We are giving out free coins for bug reports, too. Wink

does that meab me

Sure, send me your AWE address in a PM.

★ CoinAwesome.com ★the new way to pay with a smile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 11:53:28 PM

We decided to do the Tip-1-Get-2-Free giveaway manually until we have enough users to make it worth to implement the giveaway.

So from today it's official!

TIP ONE AWE and GET TWO AWE FREE on CoinAwesome Tips (http://tips.coinawesome.com) - the reference community aggregator for CoinAwesome.
Up to 100 per post and up to 200 per day per person!

You will need the wallet for Chrome or Chromium to tip.

PS: Some big announcements awaiting!

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 02:48:22 PM

We think we can do way better!

Another bad Example: Ripple
(Number 2 on CoinMarketCap)
https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/
Again 100 billion coins
68% still belong to Ripple Labs (actually more*)
20% still belong to the founders (still?)
=> 88% not held by normal users
Dezentralization of the network questionable.
Is there a use for Ripple for normal users of the web? No. Banks love Ripple. Because they stay in power and can create more fiat on the Ripple network.

CoinAwesome is truly global honest money with immediate value.
It's microdonations and micropayments made for the web.

Fitting to this: http://tips.coinawesome.com/topic/523/not-so-decentralized-ripple-freezes-1m-in-user-funds-bitcoin-news-and-the-leading-bitcoin-conferences-in-the-world

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 03:57:12 AM

DEV UPDATE

• We have spend the last few days evaluating decentralized content systems like IPFS, Project Maelstrom, WebTorrent, Maidsafe, Alexandria and Zeronet. Conceptionally our favourite is IPFS. Zeronet is remarkable because it works already quite nicely and gives every zero-site a unique BTC address already. And the best thing is, that CoinAwesome can work with any of these decentralized content platforms and enhance them in a totally new way.
  • Further we almost finished the naming feature inside the CoinAwesome Wallet and it will work also on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. It has never been easier to register an alias for your address. Expect an announcement soon!
  • One more important thing: We already implemented some time ago a game-like feature which allows content curators to earn coins for discovering awesome content. We believe that content curators (people who share good content early) are as important as the original content creator. Without content curators good content can not spread. They do the hard work of separating crap from awesome stuff. Therefore in the next days a new site will be launched which will work on top of the CoinAwesome blockchain. This will also be a show case how the CoinAwesome blockchain can be used to created decentralized content aggregators or other applications.
  • Since we are running out of money we will need to start selling coins very soon, too. For our sales we developed a new kind sales system: we call it the FIBONACCI-SALES. Also herefore expect an announcement very soon. Everybody who has posted inside this thread so far will receive 10% bonus if he wants to buy some coins.

wubblemeister

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:29:25 PM

Heck yeah, me and my awesome pants are ready for some coins!

https://i.imgur.com/tBA0mfh.gif
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:47:53 AM

Heck yeah, me and my awesome pants are ready for some coins!
Wondering what you have been doing... Huh

Send me your address as a PN to receive some free coins. Roll Eyes

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:53:13 AM

looks interesting i m in
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:36:37 AM

any exchange dev ?
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:30:07 PM

any exchange dev ?
Not yet, but soonish. Who else wants to have an exchange? Working on it but there are other more important things to do right now.

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:44:09 AM

any exchange dev ?
Not yet, but soonish. Who else wants to have an exchange? Working on it but there are other more important things to do right now.

Are you kidding?  Release them into the wild and let them grow some VALUE before you herd them to market.  I'm jumping in here exhausted, up for two days, haven't read everything but I'm already giddy with excitement!   AWESOME!!!!   How awesome?  Why?  Because this is exactly WHY I got into crypto over a year ago... seamless micro-transactions for web content, and a reputation system!

I'm a photographer.  I would rather get a dime from a thousand people than a hundred bucks from one.  All artists want really is to have their work seen and appreciated.  We do kinda have to eat though.  This leads to a heated inner battle, and believe me, pricing our works is one of the hardest parts of the "job".  This is far far better than a simple tipping app on some photography site, this is community and exposure, and has no borders.  Well, time to go spread the word, think I'll hassle the folks at 500px.com, no, cajole them, entice them.  Better toss something into the hat before I go though.  Here's a pic for you to do whatever to, logo, banner, whatever, or (hopefully) just say "Awesome!".  Smiley

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 04:07:50 PM

Are you kidding?  Release them into the wild and let them grow some VALUE before you herd them to market.  I'm jumping in here exhausted, up for two days, haven't read everything but I'm already giddy with excitement!   AWESOME!!!!   How awesome?  Why?  Because this is exactly WHY I got into crypto over a year ago... seamless micro-transactions for web content, and a reputation system!

I'm a photographer.  I would rather get a dime from a thousand people than a hundred bucks from one.  All artists want really is to have their work seen and appreciated.  We do kinda have to eat though.  This leads to a heated inner battle, and believe me, pricing our works is one of the hardest parts of the "job".  This is far far better than a simple tipping app on some photography site, this is community and exposure, and has no borders.  Well, time to go spread the word, think I'll hassle the folks at 500px.com, no, cajole them, entice them.  Better toss something into the hat before I go though.  Here's a pic for you to do whatever to, logo, banner, whatever, or (hopefully) just say "Awesome!".  Smiley

Thank you for your comment and thank you for your pic! This sorts of comments are exactly what motivates us to push harder! We expect to start the Fibonaccy Sales next week. You said it yourself, pricing is one of the hardest parts of being an artist or a creator. The price of the AWE coins will be set though the community.

Really nice pics at 500px.com! I personally enjoy photography a lot, too. We will be very happy to integrate CoinAwesome or WeTipCoins into established communities. Technologically we can work with every website without the need to ask for permission. But from a communication point-of-view it is more nice to establish a partnership and spread the world also this way.

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 03:25:39 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:55:25 PM by CoinAwesome

Quick news update:
  • One of our competitors, tibdit, is valued over a million USD without having a usable product yet: https://www.seedrs.com/startups/tibdit
  • When all goes good, we will launch our AWE sales this Sunday 12:30 GMT. The amount we are going to sell per day will start low and increase of the next days and weeks until it reaches a plateau. Details will follow. UPDATE: Due to unexpected technical problems we postpone the start of the sales for 4:30 hours until 17:00 GMT.
  • Also our naming/aliasing system should be ready for the launch of the sales. Expect also another little surprise.

Watch the video of tibdit here. Everything which is mentioned inside the video applies to CoinAwesome and WeTipCoins in the same way. But our solution is already ready to be used right now.  
https://player.vimeo.com/video/123860543

Stay tuned! Cool

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:09:33 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 11:18:49 AM by CoinAwesome

We are exited to launch our CoinAwesome AWE crowd sale!
UPDATE: Crowd Sale is halted because of low demand.

We designed the sales to be as simple as possible. To make the start smooth we will start the sales with 10 million for day one (round one), 20 million for day two, 30M for day three, 40M day 4, 50M day 5, 60M day 6, 70M day 7, 80M day 8, 90M day 9 until we reach 100 million AWE. From then on we will sell each day 100 Million AWE. The sales will take place for exactly one year. This represents 50% of all CoinAwesome which will ever be in existence.

Who will get the first CoinAwesome? Which one will be yours?  Grin

How does it work exactly?
Each CoinAwesome AWE address corresponds to one Bitcoin BTC address. The private key is the same (format can be different). So all you need to do is to send BTC from your BTC address to 1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf and receive AWE on your corresponding AWE address. Afterwards you can import your Bitcoin private key into your CoinAwesome wallet for Chrome/Chromium. All transactions are public and can be viewed at https://blockchain.info/address/1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf

UPDATE: Crowd Sale is halted because of low demand.

There are 24h rounds starting every day at 17:00 GMT. During this period you can send BTC and receive AWE proportionally to the bitcoins you send. There is no fixed price. You, the users, decide how much CoinAwesome shall be worth.

REMEMBER: Start and End of each Round is
17 GMT = 19 CET = 10 PST = 13 EST

STEPS:
1. Make sure that you have access to the private key of your Bitcoin address from which you send the bitcoins. Do not send from exchanges directly!
2. Send any amount of bitcoins equal or greater than 0.001 BTC to 1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf during one of the 24h rounds. The order inside the 24h does not matter.
3. After the end of each of the 24h rounds we will send you your AWE to your corresponding AWE address. You will need to import the private key (WIF) of your Bitcoin address into your CoinAwesome wallet for Chrome/Chromium. Afterwards you can start using them right away or transfer them to another wallet (e.g. paper wallet or QT-client).

EXAMPLE ROUNDS (numbers valid from day 10, before lower, read above):
  • 3 people send each 0.1 BTC to 1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf during one of the 24h rounds. Then they will receive each  33,333,333 AWE.
  • 2 people send 1 BTC and 4 people 2 BTC: The ones who send 1 BTC receive 10 million AWE and the ones who send 2 BTC receive 20 million AWE.
  • Only 1 guy sends 0.3 BTC during one of the 24h rounds: He receives all 100M AWE for this day.

The proceeds will be used to fund further development of the platform and the CoinAwesome for Education project (have a look at our website).

NOTE:
We do not have access to the Bitcoin private key you import into your CoinAwesome wallet. But in case you want to have complete peace of mind, we recommend to send first your BTC to another new BTC address and then purchase your AWE coins using this new BTC address. (Thanks to yampi)

To provide more transparency: 10 billion CoinAwesome go to the founders. This will encourage them to stay long-term committed to the project. The rest will be given away in giveaways and promotions as already described. The founders will not sell any CoinAwesome AWE on their behalf without prior notice.

yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:36:28 PM

Be safe.
First send your btc to an address you will never use, and send btc from that address to the sale address.
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 06:50:09 PM

Be safe.
First send your btc to an address you will never use, and send btc from that address to the sale address.
Thanks, we added this to the description of the sales as a note. Please be sure that we do not have access to the Bitcoin private key you import into your CoinAwesome wallet but to think about security is generally a good practice.

Something we did not mention in the post above: All who posted before the crowdsale start inside this thread will receive 10% more AWE during the first 20 days of the sales. Thank you for supporting CoinAwesome!

CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 11:44:06 PM

The first person bought AWE at our crowd sale:
https://blockchain.info/address/1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf

Let us explain again what will happen next:

His or her Bitcoin BTC address is "18vheckXcuducEWjnShEd8GDzABMSwZLrZ" which corresponds to
CoinAwesome's AWE address "APhaJ7c9x4J4RCijM6MZn1XKTm73nwcYoK" where his or her AWE coins will be send to.

If nobody sends more BTC to "1Awesomeo1HRfWmZdVbqmCcjkBdXx1jqMf" until the end of round 1 (May 11th 17:GMT) he or she will receive 10 million CoinAwesome AWE for only 0.001 BTC (25 US cents).

Quite a good deal in our eyes. So better get a piece of our open source platform right away, before this takes off. All mechanics are designed to be inherently viral. Fast spread of crypto-technology for the people is one of our main goals. Therefore we are going to publish a video in short time. Besides this we have not invested into marketing because we believe that awesome content or products don't need to buy attention - our core philosophy.

yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:32:43 AM

Is the sale ICO type or IPO type?
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:38:34 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 03:25:27 AM by CoinAwesome

What is the difference here? We would say we are neither an IPO nor an ICO. We simply sell each day 100 million coins (from day 10). New coins will not be produced. The coins are the 'fuel' of our decentralized platform. They are necessary in such a decentralized system, among other things, to build a fee structure, so that spamming is not anymore affordable, even if the fees are fractions of a cent.

Something different: Chris Ellis from ProTip (https://protip.is) was so nice to buy _for us_ the domain WeTip.it. If you, the community, likes it, we will be glad to switch from WeTipCoins.com to WeTip.it. Please watch also the video of ProTip, our wallets are similar in a way, that we support artist and content creators directly. Unlike ProTip, the CoinAwesome/WeTipCoins wallet supports already today one-click tipping on every single website. So the greater vision is to establish with Chris (and hopefully others) a decentralized trust, which we described at https://medium.com/@MrAwesome/a-decentralized-tip-jar-for-every-website-wetipcoins-detrust-c2bcc43ec25c but this time together with all the open source Bitcoin and Altcoin tipping wallets (when they appear), possibly on a new domain name like Webcoin.tips (already purchased). We will keep you updated on this! Meanwhile you can let us know which domain names you like most: WeTipCoins.com, WeTip.it and/or Webcoin.tips?

crazytrain

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:31:22 AM

What is the difference here? We would say we are neither an IPO nor an ICO. We simply sell each day 100 million coins (from day 10). New coins will not be produced. The coins are the 'fuel' of our decentralized platform. They are necessary in such a decentralized system, among other things, to build a fee structure, so that spamming is not anymore affordable, even if the fees are fractions of a cent.

Something different: Chris Ellis from ProTip (https://protip.is) was so nice to buy _for us_ the domain WeTip.it. If you, the community, likes it, we will be glad to switch from WeTipCoins.com to WeTip.it. Please watch also the video of ProTip, our wallets are similar in a way, that we support artist and content creators directly. Unlike ProTip, the CoinAwesome/WeTipCoins wallet supports already today one-click tipping on every single website. So the greater vision is to establish with Chris (and hopefully others) a decentralized trust, which we described at https://medium.com/@MrAwesome/a-decentralized-tip-jar-for-every-website-wetipcoins-detrust-c2bcc43ec25c but this time together with all the open source Bitcoin and Altcoin tipping wallets (when they appear), possibly on a new domain name like Webcoin.tips (already purchased). We will keep you updated on this! Meanwhile you can let us know which domain names you like most: WeTipCoins.com, WeTip.it and/or Webcoin.tips?

Thanks dev, I will pick up some.
CoinAwesome (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 04:49:51 AM

Thanks dev, I will pick up some.

Thanks, we need more support Smiley

Let's imagine how much better the Internet would be with more awesome art and content and less ads and surveillance. Read our blog for the details. https://medium.com/@MrAwesome/solving-america-s-top-fears-by-tipping-a-billion-websites-4a9744f1288b

CoinAwesome - a social tipping platform on a decentralized technology stack.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: