Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Check on Neptune Cubes  (Read 1390 times)
bgibso01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

I just purchased 3 Neptunes and got what I think is a decent deal.  Out of the 15 cubes, there are probably 4 or 5 that a couple of dies will drop power after a bit.  Is there any value to these cubes on a resale market since not all dies appear to work?
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:36:56 AM

I just purchased 3 Neptunes and got what I think is a decent deal.  Out of the 15 cubes, there are probably 4 or 5 that a couple of dies will drop power after a bit.  Is there any value to these cubes on a resale market since not all dies appear to work?

Just mine with them with the dead dies. Uses less power and less chance of melting your PCIe connector.
up.debug

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:58:53 AM

I just purchased 3 Neptunes and got what I think is a decent deal.  Out of the 15 cubes, there are probably 4 or 5 that a couple of dies will drop power after a bit.  Is there any value to these cubes on a resale market since not all dies appear to work?

died-dies will go up'n'running after a few restarts and a few tries with their own specific voltage on the settings... just play around with the voltage until they will come back to life, each one is also physically different for several reasons so, very probably you wouldn't find a precise "value" that will fit them all...

On the more, try to cut the exceeding thermal pads on the top of the VRMs if not totally substitute them with something more efficient... you can check the KnC hardware thread on this Forum and go back to the period when the firsts Neptunes were delivered (june-july 2014) to find some really good advices and a lot of pictures and examples too...

Good Luck!   Smiley

Regards,
up.debug
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:31:32 PM

died-dies will go up'n'running after a few restarts and a few tries with their own specific voltage on the settings... just play around with the voltage until they will come back to life, each one is also physically different for several reasons so, very probably you wouldn't find a precise "value" that will fit them all...

On the more, try to cut the exceeding thermal pads on the top of the VRMs if not totally substitute them with something more efficient... you can check the KnC hardware thread on this Forum and go back to the period when the firsts Neptunes were delivered (june-july 2014) to find some really good advices and a lot of pictures and examples too...

Good Luck!   Smiley

Regards,
up.debug

There is nothing to cut . KNC "bonus miners" Cubes not have thermal pads on the top on VRM.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: