Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: destroying bitcoins  (Read 5653 times)
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:52:10 PM

There is no need to destroy anything Wink Keep your calm Wink If! If btc is to take global dominance the price will rise no matter what Wink It doesn't matter if the price today is 50$ higher or lower Wink There is a big road ahead of us, don't panic Wink There is not too much bitcoins for sure and there will not be too much - be sure about that. There is a problem that there might be too few btc, but I am sure it will be addressed Wink Keep it cool guys Wink

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:56:11 PM

There is no need to destroy anything Wink Keep your calm Wink If! If btc is to take global dominance the price will rise no matter what Wink It doesn't matter if the price today is 50$ higher or lower Wink There is a big road ahead of us, don't panic Wink There is not too much bitcoins for sure and there will not be too much - be sure about that. There is a problem that there might be too few btc, but I am sure it will be addressed Wink Keep it cool guys Wink

Woouw such emoticon, only one question: will you use bitcoin if tomorrow the price will be 100 dollars? Yes or No. I hope you will reply to my question with a full explanation (and please don't use a lot of smilies,thanks).
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:10:44 PM

Woouw such emoticon, only one question: will you use bitcoin if tomorrow the price will be 100 dollars? Yes or No. I hope you will reply to my question with a full explanation (and please don't use a lot of smilies,thanks).

It is a simple answer really Wink I bought some bitcoins so I would be sad a bit about 100$ price, but not that much since I would think the price would go up Wink
As to using them I can't even see how that is an issue; that is if you want to USE bitcoin - you can use it no matter the price. Just buy it for a current price and use it for a current price, whats the problem there Wink Ups... those emoticons...

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

haha Grin if I had I would send some bitcoin to that wallet, even though it's your
 don't need to do anything like that, just relax OP .. we know at this time we had a low price. but still believe someday the price will go back.. just be patience

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:40:41 AM

Be patient. Everything hasl change. Cheesy
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:07:17 AM

Similar to diamond dealers lock up most of the diamonds and sell only a few at high price

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:12:38 AM

Similar to diamond dealers lock up most of the diamonds and sell only a few at high price

Maybe you are correct, but remember that diamond or gold are not similar to bitcoin so your thought is not 100% valid.

Ps: destroy it or "hide" hold a part doesn't necessary rise the price (at least here with btc).
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:00:19 PM

Another day, another scammer trying desperately to run a scam.  The major problem with bitcoin is that it's a scammer's delight.  A honey pot for fraud.  If the OP actually wants to increase the value of bitcoins then how about starting a business that provides real value?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:36:39 PM

Another day, another scammer trying desperately to run a scam.  The major problem with bitcoin is that it's a scammer's delight.  A honey pot for fraud.  If the OP actually wants to increase the value of bitcoins then how about starting a business that provides real value?

The current problem is not lacking of business that provides real value, in fact there are too many of them and they are going bankrupt because people don't have enough money to spend. Increase the bitcoin price will give people more money to spend, thus save those businesses  Wink

Just like creating more USD will stimulate economy, higher bitcoin value will stimulate economy too  Grin

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 08:47:35 PM

I've destroyed some earlier

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:31:11 AM

I notice the OP has replaced his own address with the known Bitcoin Eater address now:
https://blockchain.info/address/1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE

Probably he wasn't aware earlier that there was already a Bitcoin Eater address.

So it is no more a scam, but still I see no reason for the price to go up just by limiting the available quantity.
There are millions on coins in existence, a few coins distroyed here and there can't make much difference.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:33:03 AM

I notice the OP has replaced his own address with the known Bitcoin Eater address now:

Probably he wasn't aware earlier that there was already a Bitcoin Eater address.

So it is no more a scam

This happened:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008093.msg10941590#msg10941590

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:42:30 AM

So it is no more a scam

This happened:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008093.msg10941590#msg10941590

Wow..  glad to see you went that extra mile to stop him from scamming everyone.
Although it is also sad that people like him acn abuse the trust system to the full extent and blackmail people on this regard.

I guess I can no longer give him a benefit of doubt. He purposefully tried to scam people. I hope nobody sent any satoshi to the old address.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:20:58 AM

better to destroy fiat and decrease inflation, thus making fiat stronger and as a  consequence bitcoin also

bitcoin are too precious too be destroyed
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 05:17:15 PM

better to destroy fiat and decrease inflation, thus making fiat stronger and as a  consequence bitcoin also

Fiat is like paycoin, 350% more printed per day, destroying does nothing

ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:06:31 PM

Exactly bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million coins which is really low. By burning coins juts cause a deflation to the bitcoin economy which isn't good at all. Burning coins would be helpful if the supply was inflated which is not the case here.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:09:46 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 07:27:29 PM by RodeoX

Let's try it with gold next. Start destroying all your gold (I don't even know how). If we each destroy one ounce of gold I will be richer in no time.  

P.S. You have a lot of work ahead if you hope to change the price of bitcoin. You have done 10 Satoshi so far that = USD $0.0000217660. Not even close to one single penny.

Compare that to like 3600 BTC produced per day. You are going to have to convince people to destroy about $7,000 dollars worth of BTC per day to have any impact. Good luck.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 07:12:12 PM

I realize this is not a logical solution but if we really wanted to do this could we not essentially accomplish the same thing by changing Bitcoin itself, increasing the transaction fee by .001 and discarding it?  Obviously screws with the whole concept of Bitcoin, but the point is... don't send this guy any coins!  Grin

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 07:16:32 PM

I realize this is not a logical solution but if we really wanted to do this could we not essentially accomplish the same thing by changing Bitcoin itself, increasing the transaction fee by .001 and discarding it?  Obviously screws with the whole concept of Bitcoin, but the point is... don't send this guy any coins!  Grin

Nah we only have one more dea auction and halving next year, we're almost there.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 08:48:11 PM

Let's try it with gold next. Start destroying all your gold (I don't even know how). If we each destroy one ounce of gold I will be richer in no time.  

P.S. You have a lot of work ahead if you hope to change the price of bitcoin. You have done 10 Satoshi so far that = USD $0.0000217660. Not even close to one single penny.

Compare that to like 3600 BTC produced per day. You are going to have to convince people to destroy about $7,000 dollars worth of BTC per day to have any impact. Good luck.

Well that just bring us back to the core of economics. Is deflation really bad or good?
I'd definitely not advise the destruction of a limited currency such as Bitcoin. Luckily it can be divided, because 21 million wouldn't be enough otherwise.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: