Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: France plane crash: No survivors expected [Condolences to the families]  (Read 7941 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:02:54 AM

From what I've seen and read, the pilot tried knocking and then kicking the door down for 8 minutes. I wonder why he didn't try to get others to join in - a la United Airlines 93? Granted, the doors leading up to the cockpits on modern planes are stronger nowadays due to new safety regulations passed since the 9/11 terrorist attacks but surely three or four people + a drink cart or fire extinguisher would have afforded a better chance of breaking the door down?

I heard on a news report that cockpit door was designed to withstand a grenade blast.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:34:36 AM

Another "Allah Akbar" case?
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:40:07 AM

Another "Allah Akbar" case?

I don't think the suicidal (co-pilot) was inspired by a religion. Its was only a stupid way to die (and condolences to the all victims families).
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:24:10 AM

A theory. If he was suffering from depression but that went away, however depression rarely disappears without a mayor positive change in ones life or without treatment. (In many cases it doesn't even disappears but turns to a "background process".) So I guess he might be on antidepressants. Antidepressants have a range of well known side effects from minor inconveniences up to "suicidal thoughts or actions" and "violent actions"... (Like a bloke in the States who got antidepressants to help quit smoking but after a few doses he killed his two kids and himself, instead.)
rehnede

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 11:40:26 AM

I dont understand one thing , if pilot can eject , why not people ? Also I have heard that the co-pilot wanted to crash the plane making it an Intentional Plane Crash
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

I dont understand one thing , if pilot can eject , why not people ? Also I have heard that the co-pilot wanted to crash the plane making it an Intentional Plane Crash
There are no ejector seats on A320s.

rehnede

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 11:47:25 AM

Dont you think there should be ?  I mean if this goes on , many people will keep dying in front of our eyes and we wouldnt be able to do anything.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:48:59 AM

Where the fuck are huge parachutes for whole cabin? Totally technically plausible.
The flight recorder revealed the passengers were calm until seconds before the crash, there was no time to evacuate even if they had parachutes.

It's harder than you might think. Usually people are afraid of heights and would hesitate or even panic before the jump, so the evacuation would take at least 10 min. What is more, you wouldn't be able to use front doors because they would be sucked by the engines, so everyone would have to jump out the rear.

No, there is no way to provide ejection equipment for passengers.  They could be provided with airbags,which would help in some cases.

The air at 38,000 feet is so thin you cannot survive without immediate and continual pure oxygen such as from an oxygen mask.  It is really, really cold.  Like -50C.  This is why in a depressurization the pilot must dive the aircraft to immediately get to a safe altitude like 10,000 feet.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:53:09 AM

On a passenger plane no one can eject. Everybody goes where the plane goes. Splitting the plane to ejectable cabin sections would be useful indeed, but I'm not sure how effective that would be as 80% of the accidents are used to happen during the take-off or landing (low altitude but high speed) what isn't ideal for such a solution.
rehnede

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:01:52 PM

On a passenger plane no one can eject. Everybody goes where the plane goes. Splitting the plane to ejectable cabin sections would be useful indeed, but I'm not sure how effective that would be as 80% of the accidents are used to happen during the take-off or landing (low altitude but high speed) what isn't ideal for such a solution.

Then I think huge parachutes can be a good option to lower the speed. Or there can be a big fan underneath the plane like those having stability like helicopters.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:05:41 PM

Dont you think there should be ?

It wouldn't work anyway. Hundreds of seats flying up at once, parachutes all getting twisted up.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:10:42 PM

Then I think huge parachutes can be a good option to lower the speed. Or there can be a big fan underneath the plane like those having stability like helicopters.

Those are doesn't really matter if the pilot want to crash the plane.
A big parachute needs high altitude and "thick" air to open and slow down stuff. In addition we are talking about a big and relative fragile 60-70 tons plane, so you would really need quite a lot of huge parachutes.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:28:28 PM

A young man full of proud and hope in a top career, selected to end his life in such a horrible way, the only cause is woman  Grin Grin

I'm going to guess the reason was religion.  The world needs to rid itself of that cancer.   Undecided

No the pilot suffered depression in the past it is known now. And furthermore the media mentioned there might be indeed relationship problems since a few months. So we will get to know more soon I think.
This is a real tradegy. I feel with the people who lost their family members. It must feel pretty terrible to know you lost your relative because of one person who choosed to end his life and was willing to take 149 other souls with him.
Really really sad story! Cry
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

The news report says they found "an item of significance" in the guy's apartment.

It will all come out within a few days.  Obviously, it's impossible to suppress his religion and personal life since his name is known.

They found a suicide note.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:39:54 PM

The news report says they found "an item of significance" in the guy's apartment.

It will all come out within a few days.  Obviously, it's impossible to suppress his religion and personal life since his name is known.

No. They found torn up sick notes.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:41:16 PM

Well, BBC isn't very reliable but they wrote the opposite: "Prosecutors said there was no evidence of a political or religious motive to his actions, and no suicide note was found." But they wrote about some torn sick notes in his apartment what suggests that he wasn't fit for flying.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:22:18 PM

Re the concept of passengers being able to use ejector seats, an average ejector seat weighs 150lbs+

Ignoring the issue of designing a plane that could eject people safely, questions arise about how such a system could be activated and also the cost of carrying 22,500lbs of ejectors seats and parachutes. 

Not to mention the explosive charge in each ejector seat.

There have been some successful experiments with whole airframe parachutes but only when a plane is at stall speed. 
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:38:44 PM

Well, BBC isn't very reliable but they wrote the opposite: "Prosecutors said there was no evidence of a political or religious motive to his actions, and no suicide note was found." But they wrote about some torn sick notes in his apartment what suggests that he wasn't fit for flying.

I read that too. And a German newspaper said he had psychological problems and had been under psychiatric treatment for 18 months.
And recently that he had a breakup with his girlfriend. : /

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:12:47 PM

I do not hate muslims, and have started no complaints on such.  In fact I do not agree with the writer that "Islam is a terrorist organization"  (for practical reasons.)  It isn't predictive as an assertion. 

However we know that men of a certain age group, affiliated with certain radical Muslim belief sets, are a direct threat.  If you do not like an unpleasant real world perspective, tough.  Let's see what the latest news is on the subject.

A German news website claims Andreas Lubitz was a Muslim convert.
Speisa.com reported:

According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News, Germany now has its own 9/11, thanks to the convert to Islam, Andreas Lubitz.

Translation from German:

All evidence indicates that the copilot of Airbus machine in his six-months break during his training as a pilot in Germanwings, converted to Islam and subsequently either by the order of “radical”, ie. devout Muslims , or received the order from the book of terror, the Quran, on his own accord decided to carry out this mass murder. As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he – as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York – received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque.

Converts are the most important weapon of Islam. Because their resume do not suggests that they often are particularly violent Muslims. Thus Germany now has its own 9/11, but in a reduced form. And so it is clear that Islam is a terrorist organization that are in accordance with §129a of the Criminal Code to prohibit it and to investigate its followers. But nothing will happen. One can bet that the apologists (media, politics, “Islamic Scholars”) will agree to assign this an act of a “mentally unstable” man, and you can bet that now, once again the mantra of how supposedly peaceful Islam is will continue. And worse still, the attacks by the left against those who have always warned against Islam, will be angrier and merciless.

Please can you stop? Thanks.

I read that too. And a German newspaper said he had psychological problems and had been under psychiatric treatment for 18 months.
And recently that he had a breakup with his girlfriend. : /

So most probably wasn't a religion reason, he was only affected by a psychiatric pathology and he has committed only a suicide without any religion purpose.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

Those are doesn't really matter if the pilot want to crash the plane.
A big parachute needs high altitude and "thick" air to open and slow down stuff. In addition we are talking about a big and relative fragile 60-70 tons plane, so you would really need quite a lot of huge parachutes.

Just one more reason why everyone needs their own personal jetpack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: