Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:27:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neteller now is using Bitpay to accept Bitcoin as deposit method - Big news!  (Read 10222 times)
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:23:46 PM

It is nice that Neteller doesn't charge a fees for now. But will it be the same even in the future ?
Or for now its only promotionally that they are not charging any fees for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:31:04 PM

This is very good news, and the fact that it is no fee, as you point out, is sweet sweet icing on the cake!

Hopefully they get the bugs with it worked out quickly.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:38:29 PM

It is nice that Neteller doesn't charge a fees for now. But will it be the same even in the future ?
Or for now its only promotionally that they are not charging any fees for it.
Maybe they are taking the income from merchants that are using their service, and not from their common users Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:14:26 AM

Withdrawing Bitcoins would be more useable, I assume serious Neteller users are those winning poker players who just withdraw money from Neteller.

But I understand it is first step because depositing Bitcoins means no risk for Neteller, while allowing to withdraw Bitcoins can be problem if the Neteller account is stolen...
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:35:58 AM

Sent to Neteller support: Hi, I just opened a Neteller account. The Bitcoin deposit feature doesn't seem to work - the system says "Selecting "Confirm" will launch the third-party processor and allow you to complete this transaction," but nothing happens when I click Confirm.

Received from Neteller: Deleting Cookies and Internet History should fix the issue that you might be experiencing.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:45:47 AM

Well its not the case here in Germany I can tell you that.
I have just logged onto the site and there is no bitcoin option.

http://www.neteller.com/fees/

Look for yourselves before getting excited about this 'news'.
Sorry to have doubted you, there is a lot of rubbish posted as fact on this forum, I couldn't see anything on the website in Germany or find news about it. Great news though!
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:17:02 AM

Sent to Neteller support: Hi, I just opened a Neteller account. The Bitcoin deposit feature doesn't seem to work - the system says "Selecting "Confirm" will launch the third-party processor and allow you to complete this transaction," but nothing happens when I click Confirm.

Received from Neteller: Deleting Cookies and Internet History should fix the issue that you might be experiencing.

It wasn't that, it was a blocked popup. I enabled popups and everything worked. I deposited $5 in bitcoin to my (previously unused) Neteller account. Then I could verify the account to raise daily limits (I had to send an id document scan to do that) and now I have all options, including the virtual credit card (free) or the plastic credit card (one time fee of $12). I think I will get the card to offer myself the experience of withdrawing cash-from-bitcoin and paying with bitcoin at the mall.
blueparrot

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

Withdrawing Bitcoins would be more useable, I assume serious Neteller users are those winning poker players who just withdraw money from Neteller.

But I understand it is first step because depositing Bitcoins means no risk for Neteller, while allowing to withdraw Bitcoins can be problem if the Neteller account is stolen...

for this exact reason I´m sure they won´t introduce Bitcoin withdrawals.
It will be a deposit-only method.

Nevertheless great news (I also have the 1987 € per month limit by the way)
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:08:58 PM

This can actually be a breakthrough, I've seen the traction their service has got (not from gambling point of view)
Has anyone tried out other countries?

BTC-Bank

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:50:54 PM

Yesterday i made my first Bitcoin transaction on Neteller everything went smooth and fast it only needed one confirmation and the money was in!I was surprised as i load 60 Euros and it was actually 60 Euros!I make the same trade to Virwox to load skrill and got around 54+ Euro (also 1Euro for the withdrawl to Skrill)  wich i was wait for 5 confirmation to appear and i found it as a steal!The only negative is that i can transfer or buy everything from Neteller except to withdraw via ATM wich it needs to wait 7 days!Great work Neteller i really liked it and hope that Optimal Payment will add it on Skrill too!

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:23:58 PM

So if you deposit money by Bitcoin, you need to wait 7 days to withdraw them with their debit card ?
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:24:06 AM

So if you deposit money by Bitcoin, you need to wait 7 days to withdraw them with their debit card ?

I haven't tried it myself yet, but going by the other responses here, yes, you need to wait for those 7 days, if you just want to withdraw the money; but apparently, you can also spend that money immediately, if you use their card to pay for things directly.

As HostFat put it:

Now it works even with EUR currency! Try it Cheesy

To withdraw money from the ATM, it must be passed 7 days from the Bitcoin deposit.

Anyway, you can use them instantly from the net+ card.

for this exact reason I´m sure they won´t introduce Bitcoin withdrawals.
It will be a deposit-only method.

Nevertheless great news (I also have the 1987 € per month limit by the way)

Well, perhaps not; other payment processors, like Payza, have already introduced Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals (though they have some restrictions on the source of the funds you can use to withdraw through Bitcoin) - hopefully this is only the first step for Neteller. Smiley
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 09:58:35 AM

Now I see these new limits on my account:

Deposit limits
Min amount 3.75 EUR
Max per transaction 450.00 EUR
Max daily limit 450.00 EUR
Max weekly limit 1,466.25 EUR
Max monthly limit 2,966.25 EUR

I'm not sure if it's related on my sign in on ewallet-optimizer.com ...

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:23:47 PM

My verified european account:

Deposit limits
Min amount 3.75 EUR
Max per transaction 300.00 EUR
Max daily limit 300.00 EUR
Max weekly limit 975.00 EUR
Max monthly limit 1,987.50 EUR

There isn't any lifetime limit.

Excellent news! Thanks! 2k per month is a nice amount for daily things, so this could really become CC bridge for stores that do not accept btc directly. Cool!

I'd bet those limits will raise for everyone but i'd also bet you can raise them now if you are a decent customer.  Its a great start though.
BTC-Bank

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:21:30 PM

Yes @rammy2k2 you need to wait 7 days (only for withdrawing from ATM) for other use (transfer, purchase online) is instant.I also tried to deposit with the Neteller prepaid Mastercard to my Skrill account to see if i can withdraw it from there (instant) but it was declined (the transfer between wallets are prohibit the last year+ from Neteller to Skrill)..I look for other ways to see if there is a solution to instant withdraw from a third party with (no fees if possible) I also will try, to transfer it to a friends Neteller and see if there is withdrawable from his account.

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 05:27:12 PM by HostFat

@BTC-Bank

Leupay - "Free" online SEPA account in Luxemburg
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978329.0

Net+ Card -> Leypay bank account (fee 1%) -> Leupay card -> ATM (fee 1.5 eur)

I also will try, to transfer it to a friends Neteller and see if there is withdrawable from his account.
This can be interesting Smiley

BTC-Bank

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:27:44 PM

@BTC-Bank

Leupay - "Free" online SEPA account in Luxemburg
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978329.0

Net+ Card -> Leypay bank account (fee 1%) -> Leupay card -> ATM (fee 1.5 eur)

Oh nice @HostFat!Thank you very much for sharing this!I will review it and test it!As you have experience with this have you test it?It is instant,safe?The fee sound very good! if we get in mind that Neteller need 4 euro for withdraw and for small withdraws it may be one very good solution to make it instant!  Smiley

P.S. About the friends account i will try it this week and update back!  Cool

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:32:22 PM

It works, but I haven't used it for big money, just few small tests.

BTC-Bank

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:39:38 PM

It works, but I haven't used it for big money, just few small tests.

Yes my apologies i read it on the thread you post, i will sign up and give it a try as soon as i can but it sounds nice for many purposes as it also accept paysafe and ukash..Thank you again!

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:50:48 PM

@BTC-Bank
Remember that you can only register 5 cards on Leupay.
You can't un-register an old one to add a new one.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: