Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HIRING] .1 BTC to mail a letter for me  (Read 1039 times)
Joejetuv8 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:42:08 AM

I’m trying to get in touch with someone in US but I lost his contact info. All I have is his mailing address. I need someone who is also in US to send him a simple letter with my email address. I need the letter sent using US postal service with a tracking number so I can see it was delivered. I pay .1 BTC to send the letter and another .2BTC as bonus if the person emails me. PM please.
anshar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:46:04 AM

This is...quite the deal. But this also seems sketchy. Are you a hitman or something?

"I lost his contact info. All I have is his mailing address."

You can still mail him bro. This is really fuckin sketchy...
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:06:57 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 01:44:10 AM by TheButterZone

I'll do it if I don't detect a hint of criminality, the BTC0.1 is sent up front, and the BTC0.2 is placed with an escrow we mutually trust.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:43:36 AM

I’m trying to get in touch with someone in US but I lost his contact info. All I have is his mailing address. I need someone who is also in US to send him a simple letter with my email address. I need the letter sent using US postal service with a tracking number so I can see it was delivered. I pay .1 BTC to send the letter and another .2BTC as bonus if the person emails me. PM please.

Why can't you mail him yourself?  Like anshar says, this is weird...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:46:01 AM

Why can't you mail him yourself?  Like anshar says, this is weird...

International mail/parcel tracking isn't as easy or cheap as USPS domestic, probably. But there is a difference between mere delivery and signed receipt by the recipient.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
anshar

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:46:54 AM

Why can't you mail him yourself?  Like anshar says, this is weird...

International mail/parcel tracking isn't as easy or cheap as USPS domestic, probably.

He's paying 0.1 + a possible 0.2. 0.1? That's $25, way more than enough to cover costs.

I'd just avoid any trouble, and skip over this thread.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:49:47 AM

There might not be a UPS/FedEx/DHL/local post or whatever station near them. Just because their local time per the forum appears to be UTC, doesn't mean that they are in UTC, or near civilization.

anshar

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:51:51 AM

There might not be a UPS/FedEx/DHL/local post or whatever station near them. Just because their local time per the forum appears to be UTC, doesn't mean that they are in UTC, or near civilization.

I can imagine if he knows what Bitcoin is, and bitcointalk, and by the way he types, he most probably can mail it but something sketchy is goin on.

OP: Once you come online, would you care to shoot me what message you wanted to send him? If it's clean, I might do it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:57:27 AM

You can simply send a telegram online.  Obviously you have access to the internet and it's about the same cost to you as you want to pay someone else to do it on your behalf.

https://www.sendtelegram.com <--- for example

That one also has tracking.

So if you still want someone else to do it, then it is very shady.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:00:50 AM

Agreed this is odd:
Are we allowed to read the letter before sending it, to make sure it's not too terribly illegal/violent, etc?

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:04:39 AM

Here is another telegram site:

https://www.itelegram.com/telegram/send.asp?recCountry=US&telegram=USA 

This one is $19.95 plus .75 per word for first class which gets you 1 day delivery (mon-fri) and proof of delivery as well.

Tlee88

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:33:32 AM

I think a crime is going to happen ,lol  Tongue

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:20:35 AM

I'll do it if I don't detect a hint of criminality, the BTC0.1 is sent up front, and the BTC0.2 is placed with an escrow we mutually trust.
This smells like there is something illegal going on here. Granted it is plausible that he is far from a post office/UPS, ect. equivalent, however I think it is more likely the OP is trying to somehow harass someone who probably does not know his identity and is trying to make it look like it is you harassing him/her (hence the tracking instead of letting you drop it in the mail somewhere). Although all this is speculation.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:51:59 AM

This smells like there is something illegal going on here. Granted it is plausible that he is far from a post office/UPS, ect. equivalent, however I think it is more likely the OP is trying to somehow harass someone who probably does not know his identity and is trying to make it look like it is you harassing him/her (hence the tracking instead of letting you drop it in the mail somewhere). Although all this is speculation.

You can track any mail starting from any mail drop.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:03:28 AM

Don't you generally need to personally buy a tracking number (e.g. with a stamps.com account or at a post office, both of which would associate your identity with the person who sent the letter)? If you were to simply buy stamps at a grocery store, then I don't think the stamp could be traced back to your identity easily
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:13:02 AM

Are you sure they scan every piece of mail as it comes out of each mail deposit box?  In Canada they don't.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:13:19 AM

Don't you generally need to personally buy a tracking number (e.g. with a stamps.com account or at a post office, both of which would associate your identity with the person who sent the letter)? If you were to simply buy stamps at a grocery store, then I don't think the stamp could be traced back to your identity easily

You could pay cash at a post office and wear a fake mustache, beard, and glasses, or buy tracking/postage with an unverified PayPal account you funded with cash, or buy stamps at a grocery store, apply sufficient postage, stick on a tracking number label that you get from the organizer slots at the package prep counter, and subscribe to its updates.

Are you sure they scan every piece of mail as it comes out of each mail deposit box?  In Canada they don't.

I thought the proposition (in bold) was that items won't be tracked at time of delivery if you put it in a blue box to begin with. That isn't true. My blue boxed items with tracking numbers always track to the destination.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:18:17 AM

You could pay cash at a post office and wear a fake mustache, beard, and glasses, or buy tracking/postage with an unverified PayPal account you funded with cash, or buy stamps at a grocery store, apply sufficient postage, stick on a tracking number label that you get from the organizer slots at the package prep counter, and subscribe to its updates.
I guess that is true, however I don't think many people would think to take such great measures/precautions to make sure their identity is hidden when buying tracking. I would say that by default, most people who buy stamps will do so in a way that their identity cannot be associated with a particular stamp
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:38:31 AM

I will do it .1 up front and .02 in escrow, doesn't matter to me what the email says. as long as it is isn't to the white house  or president or something

Joejetuv8 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:19:25 AM

Fake mustache and sunglasses? People are talking like I'm asking to mail a bomb here.

Just simple letter no threats no harassment. Of course you can read it because you will type it. It will just say this is so and so from such and such place, email me at my email address. Thats all.

I'm in a coutry where mail service is not reliable and rather would have it mailed from US. Anyone that actually wants to do this please PM me. Anyone that just wants to spread crazy suspicions in this thread I can't stop you I guess.

P.S. Would prefer if you have PGP. If you are reputable member here I can pay the .1BTC in advance. The .2 is just bonus. You just have my word that I will pay if the person emails me. No way to prove it so no point to do escrow.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: