Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Be Honest. We Are Waiting for $100/BTC to buy  (Read 198964 times)
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:39:37 PM

Reminds me of 2008.  With the Dow approaching 14000, a lot of our clients felt like they missed the boat with the cash they kept on the sidelines. Our outside manager said "don't worry, we're due for a little correction", so everyone waited for it, saying they'ed invest some if the market fell to 13000 and would be buying up a storm if it went to 12000 or below.

Then it happened. The crash. And no one pulled the trigger on the way down, but they did pat themselves on the back for not buying when they saw the Dow fall to 8k, 7k and into the 6's. By that point I was basically pleading for them to get in the market, but alas, the Dow at 7k was "too risky"

Many of those people continued to stay on the sidelines all the way back to to Dow 15k.

Point being that people can say they're waiting for lower prices to get in, but the events that bring about those lower prices are disruptive and many people abandon the "plans" and "strategies" they said they had when confronted with reality. Part of me is also glad to not be with that firm anymore.... Just so frustrating to see the lack of action during what turned out to be one of the greatest buying opportunities of our lives.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:47:16 PM

hell no I'm not waiting.
sure, I'd buy a sizable amount of BTC if the price went down to the nineties, but I don't wish for that to happen.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:18:01 PM

Let's cut the crap. Most of us are just waiting for Bitcoin to finally hit $100 to buy a huge quantity. Am I right or talking out my ass?

You're wrong.  Bitcoin at 50 usd is more like it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:01:51 PM

Well, not exactly. Even though it hasn't reach that level just yet I still continue buying but in smaller amount only when there is a dip in price. A lot of people might be waiting for that ideal level but whether it can be reached is another thing.

Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:17:08 PM

Actually, I m waiting $5000 to sell.

If it ever gets down to $100, it s gonna destroy the entire economy. No mining operation can operate at this level and this ll slow things down big time.

A10010

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:31:45 AM

$100 to buy and $1000 to sell. Smiley
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:40:12 AM

You are completely talking out of your ass.  I don't really care about Bitcoin as a value in fiat currency, I get bitcoin as bitcoin and work it up from there.  I am sure there are tons of people waiting for the 100$ pit, but I am not one of them. Tongue

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:41:08 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 01:57:41 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

If Bitcoin hit $100, I'd sell this account and quit Bitcoin completely. Mainly because I bought in at $600 like an idiot and I'd be an hero.

I will salute you as a a true brother in arms mustard, Anshar. Our deaths derps will not have been in vain

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:29:07 AM

Let's cut the crap. Most of us are just waiting for Bitcoin to finally hit $100 to buy a huge quantity. Am I right or talking out my ass?

Probably going to wait for a lower price than 100, I really think it can fall much further. I have been researching on what % of the currently circulated coins are controlled by how many addresses, how many users etc...

Surprisingly less than 16000 addresses control like 67% of all the coins in circulation. Less than 120k Addresses control 93% of all coins, in my mind this means their are less than 120k Bitcoin users that can significantly affect the price. 16000 that can really move the market price down.

Edit: Spelling
Saw

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:37:01 AM

I own some BTC and I'm not planning to buy more at any price. If it goes to $100 I won't invest more in a dying project. If it goes to $1000 I also won't buy more because I won't be able to afford it.

$100 will not mean Bitcoin is dying. If price decline is a measure of dying, then Bitcoin has died several times. And then rose again like Phoenix.

See how many times Bitcoin has 'died':
http://bitcoinobituaries.com/

We are not talking about a simple price decline but a 90% decrease of value of a developing product. Ever heard of such thing happening to a technology that is supposed to be a breakthrough? If this happens it means  all the money that came into the coin in the last 2 years is now out, it's really that simple.

Agreed with last post,I would like to add it isn't the concept that is dead it is its lack of being able to compete with what is desired in the cryptocoin market.I believe BTC cannot compete with the new innovations....the trick is to pick the right one.
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:38:22 AM

I am waiting for 101$, as at 100$  price will rebounce immediatelly Tongue These psychological price borders are funny thing.
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:15:55 AM

waiting for $100 is like wasting your time. i doubt it will even go below $200
current price makes me buying a certain amount of btc per month.

yea like this, u waste ur time.
if bitcoin price drop even on $200, many people will buy it before go down $100.
and the price will go up again.
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:27:48 AM

Don't you dipsticks get it? You guys have had a blind optimism of the price all the way down from $1000. It wasn't 6 months ago you people were making the same arguments about every $100 shift.

"There's no way it can go below $500! Buy now while it's half off!"

The irony is that some of you dumb mother fs, who bought at $500+ are calling me monkey brained for waiting for the price to fall lower..

Maby I'm wrong but I'll take my chances.
moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 11:07:05 AM

no, i am not waiting for 100$, i m waiting for 500$ to sell my bitcoins
i want bitcoin's value to rise not drop
vvv8

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:42:50 AM

Don't you dipsticks get it? You guys have had a blind optimism of the price all the way down from $1000. It wasn't 6 months ago you people were making the same arguments about every $100 shift.

The irony is that some of you dumb mother fs, who bought at $500+ are calling me monkey brained for waiting for the price to fall lower..

Naaa, you see, you're the dumb MF''er here. It's low intellect people like you, that have no idea what's truly going on. For small minded people like you, the only concept you can grasp is the simple, 'buy low, sell high'. You small minded people don't understand why the price has been dropping, you small minded people don't understand the true intrinsic value of a bitcoin be it in the present, or future.

Bitcoin reaching $100? lol

It's people like you that make me wish some world events happen tomorrow and trigger a price rise of 100x in one day, so that you will hate yourself for the rest of your life for not buying in when you had the chance.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:45:20 PM

I am waiting for 101$, as at 100$  price will rebounce immediatelly Tongue These psychological price borders are funny thing.
You could say the same about 101 USD ("everyone is thinking the same"). Then you miss the boat because your order was too low.
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:08:18 PM

Naaa, you see, you're the dumb MF''er here. It's low intellect people like you, that have no idea what's truly going on. For small minded people like you, the only concept you can grasp is the simple, 'buy low, sell high'. You small minded people don't understand why the price has been dropping, you small minded people don't understand the true intrinsic value of a bitcoin be it in the present, or future.

Bitcoin reaching $100? lol

It's people like you that make me wish some world events happen tomorrow and trigger a price rise of 100x in one day, so that you will hate yourself for the rest of your life for not buying in when you had the chance.

Well then I will just resurrect this thread in 5-6 months. If I am wrong I will admit it, but I won't listen to people who are blinded by optimism.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:55:13 PM

$100 is easily achievable. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. The $32 - $2 bubble ultimately didn't count for much because the space was so tiny. Now there are industrial mining operations, a lot of people are employed and companies have invested. It couldn't live on at that price for long.

The more I learn about this, the more I realise how much of a prisoner we are to our little monkey brains. People just cannot seem to wrap their heads around a few straightforward statistics.

'I'm not paying more than $100 for a whole one' -  The motherfucker is divisible and pretty soon you'll have $100 worth of nothing if it doesn't grow until a whole one is beyond the means of most.

'$1200 is parity with gold. That's too much' - No it isn't. Crazy as it may seem, there's more gold in the world. A shit ton more. 50 million ounces of gold are unearthed every single year. Over half a million dollars a piece or so is true parity with gold.

'I'll go all in when it goes sub $100' - No you won't. You'll be running around the house screaming. Only hardened pros, icemen and psychos will pile in. That's why you're following where they decide the market should go.

There really should be a glowing banner at the top of this forum that flashes - ONLY 21 MILLION. NEVER, EVER ANY MORE.

It won't be technical limitations or failures that finish Bitcoin, it'll be the pisspoor perception and judgment of the people involved with it.

It takes a certain kind of person to hold into that kind of price collapse. You can pretty much guarantee that the bears on here still lamenting 'missing out' after the price remains >75% down from the last ATH are exactly those who will not buy in during a flash crash down to those levels, should it ever materialise.

By their very nature they are too careful and risk adverse to take the plunge when the blood is flowing in the streets. Who was buying when the price was in the 170's recently? Only die hard bulls and whales who drove the price down those levels.

Remember the bears thought bitcoin was too expensive at 2 dollars in 2011. Some posters on here (Nagle for example) always think bitcoin is too expensive.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:51:56 AM

That's why it won't come.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:06:35 AM

The closer we get towards multiplication and increase in user base, the more the price ll go up. I do not expect to $100 ever again.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: