Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Be Honest. We Are Waiting for $100/BTC to buy  (Read 198964 times)
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

If a replay of 2008 occurs, then Bitcoin would plummet. The primary goal of the majority of investors was to move into assets that they perceive as safe. Such was the drive and motivation that they temporarily bid yields on TIPS (treasury inflation protected bonds) into negative territory. And a whole lot of babies were tossed out with the bath water (which incidentky created many once in a lifetime buying opportunities). Despite what many of us want to think, Bitcoin is still treated by many/most as an extremely speculative asset. So, if a dislocation were to occur, the most likely outcome would be lots of selling in th BTC space. And realize, it doesn't take much volume to significantly move the price of Bitcoin.

But also remember, dislocations are temporary phenomenon, generally. If, during such an event, shares of Apple fell to single digits, or the price of Bitcoin fell to similar territory, in all likelihood, that would be a temporary occurrence. Shouldn't be looked at as a long term opinion of the fitness of any individual investment, just a reflection of investor unease while they get their bearings and review the landscape.

Whi knows the extent to which Bitcoin would fall, but it would. Despite opinions here, most of the world or investment community don't view Bitcoin as a flight to safety type of asset.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:41:36 PM

Seeing price fluctuations every now and then, I've lowered my buying on btc to something that I can bear losing and wouldn't mind at all. Yes, in case btc falls down within the $100 range, I'll surely buy a ton because I know almost everyone would be doing the same, which would result to some nice profits for me. But it is highly improbable to happen, because there are still a lot of buying happening within our sight. Also, the traders who are spending their days on trading wouldn't simply let that happen.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:42:39 PM

if it will drop to that price,i will buy for 80$
just tell me who will mine with that price,it is even to lowfor chinise,begining next year is halving,pump and dump,in dump can be really low for short time

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:50:09 PM

just tell me who will mine with that price,it is even to lowfor chinise,begining next year is halving,pump and dump,in dump can be really low for short time

The thread is about dropping to $100, not $100 and another 20% so I take it you will buy at $100 if it ever got there which it probably wouldn't. Who would mine it? I am not 100% but I would go with the same guys who mined it before when it was $100 or less, maybe there would be a difficulty decrease if it dropped that far to help the miners. We can only hope there will be a pump for the halving but I doubt it will be anything like we would want to believe  Undecided

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:16:29 PM

No, if it drops to 80, you'll wait for 60. If it drops to 60, you'll wait for 40... and so on. Thats the mistake people like you make.
If you are here for long term, you are taking a massive risk by not buying *now*.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:46:51 PM

No, if it drops to 80, you'll wait for 60. If it drops to 60, you'll wait for 40... and so on. Thats the mistake people like you make.
If you are here for long term, you are taking a massive risk by not buying *now*.

Why not buying in that lower price if you are really for a long term? You buy with every price and hope it will raise again so you will sell a lot of it. And you need to take great risk like gambling it to make your investment is going until the last piece. That is what means long term
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 05:16:34 PM

Why not buying in that lower price if you are really for a long term? You buy with every price and hope it will raise again so you will sell a lot of it. And you need to take great risk like gambling it to make your investment is going until the last piece. That is what means long term

Actually this is a bit off. As the name stated , a long term investment in BTC that keeping your stash of coins for X period of time.
You dont buy at any price you desire but you set up a limit at what price will you be buying for it i.e $220. Everytime BTC hit $220 or lower than you will to purchase it and keep it in cold wallet or paper wallet, wait for X amount of time (basically months) to sell them again or use them to purchase things

P.S : people are not most into long term anymore since the price is keep on declining, some people may still be a BTC believer though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:52:30 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 09:03:15 AM by Amph

it's like waiting for the new graphic card from amd or nvidia, the long you wait the more you remain without nothing, better to act fast, it won't drop indefinitely

when you see a price that remain above a certain target for so long, it's basically telling you that is the time to buy, also an asset like bitcoin with such a ridiculous market cap, is a mndatory buy
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:21:32 PM

it's like waiting for the new graphic card from amd or nvidia, the long you wait the more you remain without nothing, better to act fast, it won't drop indefinitely

Some people just dont like to lose  Wink . Whenever they see the price drops , they freaked out , sell their BTC and regret that it was all just a bearish. The same thing applied for buying, some people thought the price might drop even more, waited for some time and later on to regret that the price goes.

when you see a price that remain above a certain target for so long, it's basically telling you that is the time to buy

True in some way but you dont know if a whale might manipulate the market later on

assets like bitcoin with such a ridiculous market cap, is a mndatory buy

I hope you said this to be in sarcasm because the BTC market cap is not in ridicilous amount  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:51:04 AM

He probably means ridiculous as in ridiculously low market cap. It is only a few billion at the time, there are single individuals who own more money than that.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:05:52 AM

you may never could waiting the $100 per coin, the price may be is the lowest price.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:52:50 AM

He probably means ridiculous as in ridiculously low market cap. It is only a few billion at the time, there are single individuals who own more money than that.

Well it is quite an achievement already for BTC as because it is still new and if you take quick flash back, then you will realize that Gold marketcap 20 years ago was almost the same with BTC.

I wouldnt say that this is ridicilous low because this baby step will lead to a more higher marketcap if people will to take this seriously though  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:27:36 AM

Well it is quite an achievement already for BTC as because it is still new and if you take quick flash back, then you will realize that Gold marketcap 20 years ago was almost the same with BTC.

Gold grew from $3 billion ish to over $7 trillion in twenty years?

This is news to me.
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:40:14 AM

But there has to be scarcity for something to increase in price. As of today I wouldn't say there is a lot of scarcity of BTC with the amounts being mined and thrown into exchanges everyday... Too slow adoption for the price to increase rapidly or to increase at all maybe at this point..

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:51:20 AM

But there has to be scarcity for something to increase in price. As of today I wouldn't say there is a lot of scarcity of BTC with the amounts being mined and thrown into exchanges everyday... Too slow adoption for the price to increase rapidly or to increase at all maybe at this point..

Throwing BTC into exchanger doesnt make BTC more scarce as people are not changing most into FIAT but rather use it to trade back and forth between BTC and FIAT .
Your post is a bit off there because your forgot to mention up demands. The scarcity of BTC will not really make a severe effect of driving the price up as there needs to be demands for this as well which we can see that BTC is lacking for the demands

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:58:04 PM

honestly, I really don't expect 100$/BTC..maybe in case legal issues in US or Europe..anyway, if you are waiting, maybe you will wait forever.)

Don't be over-optimistic. A single person (Mark Karpeles) took Bitcoin from $1,200 to $240. If Bitcoin can lose 80% of its value as a result of a single individual, a group of Individuals might be able to take it to 90% down. Imagine what will happen if any of the major exchanges (such as Bitfinex and Bitstamp) gets hacked and the coins stored in them stolen.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:21:09 PM

honestly, I really don't expect 100$/BTC..maybe in case legal issues in US or Europe..anyway, if you are waiting, maybe you will wait forever.)

Don't be over-optimistic. A single person (Mark Karpeles) took Bitcoin from $1,200 to $240. If Bitcoin can lose 80% of its value as a result of a single individual, a group of Individuals might be able to take it to 90% down. Imagine what will happen if any of the major exchanges (such as Bitfinex and Bitstamp) gets hacked and the coins stored in them stolen.

I dont think it will be that easy to hacked that big reputable exchanger, they are not making their site just to let people scam it easily, they have already check hundreds time for sure about their site before launching it. I think they will be professional when deal things with bitcoin
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:59:37 PM

I dont think it will be that easy to hacked that big reputable exchanger, they are not making their site just to let people scam it easily, they have already check hundreds time for sure about their site before launching it. I think they will be professional when deal things with bitcoin

It is not easy but someone/ group has done it and took away thousands of BTC . Please refer to Bitstamp Hacked and this BTER Hacked

Those two are "big" and "reputable" exchangers that you are referring

Umm stamp has been hacked and its just matter of time before the hacker start moving the coins and dump them on the market though. It is not like the past where some group or individuals could take on entire market and manipulate it. There are few groups that could have done so now. If 1 group tried to take it down, the other group will see this opportunity and try to bullish it though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:26:38 PM

It is not easy but someone/ group has done it and took away thousands of BTC . Please refer to Bitstamp Hacked and this BTER Hacked

Those two are "big" and "reputable" exchangers that you are referring

Umm stamp has been hacked and its just matter of time before the hacker start moving the coins and dump them on the market though. It is not like the past where some group or individuals could take on entire market and manipulate it. There are few groups that could have done so now. If 1 group tried to take it down, the other group will see this opportunity and try to bullish it though

when bitstamp was hacked only a certain percentage was stolen. it was around 15% of their total coins if i'm correct. if an insider there is able to get access to all their coins the market will fall but worse than when mtgox went offline.
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:43:14 AM

Seeing price fluctuations every now and then, I've lowered my buying on btc to something that I can bear losing and wouldn't mind at all. Yes, in case btc falls down within the $100 range, I'll surely buy a ton because I know almost everyone would be doing the same, which would result to some nice profits for me. But it is highly improbable to happen, because there are still a lot of buying happening within our sight. Also, the traders who are spending their days on trading wouldn't simply let that happen.

We all are waiting for that day to come when btc reaches $100 but it is really difficult to judge whether it will go that down or not and as you said I would also prefer to buy maximum number of bitcoins which can earn me profits when prices go high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: