Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitseed - Run a full bitcoin node device!  (Read 5435 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:50:55 AM

Dam it!  I've been working on a similar project, which i was calling the 10,000 node project.  www.10000nodes.com

Been interested in seeing how this product does.

Well, your project is 50$ cheaper than this one.
That makes you the one that people will buy from.

The website looks awesome.

I think im gonna see if I can get into some of this too and produce some fun stuff like this Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:55:00 AM

It looks pretty neat! I would like to buy one since I always wanted to have a full node.

good idea but it's still too expensive.....150 USD is too much IMHO

I don't think 150$ is too expensive if you don't live in a 3rd world country. It's reasonable amount to have a plug-n-play full node. Definitely worth it!

yeah I'd probably get one of these ...with some more info on setup etc etc...and it was more or less plug and play....I managed to run a KNC Jupiter 2013-2014 and
currently (dumb purchase) 2 KNC Titan Scrypt Miners here in 2015.......so kinda feel the loss of the home bitcoin miners so me contributing to the network with this is probably
worth the $150 price for a feel good factor for me...also have a static IP so what the hell...(go nerd...or go home motto)

we also serve who expand the borg...er i meant bitcoin network.......(borg how could i let that slip silly humans have no clue.. insert evil laugh here...[....evil laugh bruahathahhha]

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:12:08 AM

Actually I don't mind continue running back the full node once I manage to update it. I'm already months behind and to tell the truth after running program like electrum it actually makes you want to forget about the full node. I'm not going to buy that for now, but I'll update my qt-core just my way of giving back to the community.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:23:44 PM

There is no doubt ebout it, bitcoin infrastructure is taking a next step forward, and in the right direction, this reminds me when asics came to the market, but im just interested to see how many
people are going to buy nodes when there is no profit to be made from them , xcapt maybe reselling them in hope to make some profit there.
Bitcoin became interesting to many people soley for profits, many of users are not interested in helping out the network, but i must say i like the idea, there really has to be a progress made on
the nodes, current modes is simply too slow for the overwhelming demand.

cheers
You are suggesting we need a reward for nodes to keep people running them?

No, im not, im just interested to see the outcome with the nodes sales, given the fact that its not earning people any money.
People are jumping high to get their hands on asic mining equipement, and its not because they care about the bitcoin project, its ofcourse purely out of financial reasons,
that is why this imho wont get much attention

cheers
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:48:33 PM

I just started working on the cheapest option for nodes and will hopefully succeed..
If I do.. Then I will only be taking a Small (under 10$) profit pr node I can make..

When I get the things made more easy for myself, then I might take less if I can get bulk orders.

I want to do it for free.. But its not free to drive to the postal office, and it requires a lot of time.

Will be working over the weekend for a cheaper solution.

(A price below 85$ pr node)

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:56:22 PM

It's not so easy to run a node on raspberry pi since it requires a good setup (move partitions to usb, use an external HDD and at least raspberry pi 2 to have a decent node).
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:59:31 PM

It's not so easy to run a node on raspberry pi since it requires a good setup (move partitions to usb, use an external HDD and at least raspberry pi 2 to have a decent node).

Raspberry PI B is able to run a BTC node.

A 32 GB MicroSD card is needed, but looks like it requires bigger in the near future.
But I still want to check some possibilities for this since it could be fun and cheaper.

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:30:21 PM

Raspberry PI B is able to run a BTC node.

A 32 GB MicroSD card is needed, but looks like it requires bigger in the near future.
But I still want to check some possibilities for this since it could be fun and cheaper.
32gb is only 11$ and the 64 is like 28 by the time the 64gb is required it'll probably be 20$

11$+Shipping.
And The blockchain has hit 30 Gigs..
And its moving fast.

So it might be good to have 64 Gigs instead.

cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:37:26 PM

Get a used atom netbook.

Like 100-120$ and a lot more powerful than this piece of crap.

That is what i did.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:57:41 PM

I have created a Full Bitcoin Node on the Raspberry pi 2 with a power usage of only 5 watts.
It is fully plug and play only thing you have to do is forward port 8333 in your router settings.
The node runs Bitcoin Core 0.10, a script will start bitcoind as soon as the device is powered up, hassle free node Smiley

My full Node includes:
Raspberry pi 2 in case (quad core 900mhz ARM7 with 1Gb of RAM)
64 GB micro SD card with Bitcoin Core 0.10 and the complete Blockchain on it (compiled on Raspbian weezy)
5v 2A power adapter

This node is for sale for 105€ excl shipping.

I will setup a order website soon, in the mean time PM me if you want a fast, open source Bitcoin Node with NO NSA backdoors Wink

Kind regards,
PB
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:06:21 PM

I have created a Full Bitcoin Node on the Raspberry pi 2 with a power usage of only 5 watts.
It is fully plug and play only thing you have to do is forward port 8333 in your router settings.
The node runs Bitcoin Core 0.10, a script will start bitcoind as soon as the device is powered up, hassle free node Smiley

My full Node includes:
64 GB micro SD card with Bitcoin Core 0.10 and the complete Blockchain on it (compiled on Raspbian weezy)
5v 2A power adapter

I will setup a order website soon, in the mean time PM me if you want a fast, open source Bitcoin Node with NO NSA backdoors Wink

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.
I can do it cheaper... Muahahhahahahahahhaha xD

PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:09:16 PM

My full Node includes:
5v 2A power adapter

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.

Cheaper maybe, but not easier. This is literally plug-and-play Smiley
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:11:58 PM

My full Node includes:
5v 2A power adapter

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.

Ehhm... I just dont take as high a profit like you do.. That is the only difference.

PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:14:46 PM

My full Node includes:
5v 2A power adapter

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.

Ehhm... I just dont take as high a profit like you do.. That is the only difference.

My "profit" is a measly 10€, which is in no way in comparison with the work and time invested Wink
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:24:29 PM

My full Node includes:
5v 2A power adapter

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.

My "profit" is a measly 10€, which is in no way in comparison with the work and time invested Wink

Oh, then you dont have the best ways to get the hardware needed.
Well, good luck Smiley

You will have a competetor very soon Tongue

R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:36:34 PM

Dam it!  I've been working on a similar project, which i was calling the 10,000 node project.  www.10000nodes.com

Been interested in seeing how this product does.

Have you made an announcement on your own? So that I don't go off topic here.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:39:12 PM

My full Node includes:
5v 2A power adapter

Kind regards,
PB

In other words, 114$.

Set up your own webstore or STFU.

This guy's offer is pretty reasonable.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:45:14 PM

Supposing the blockchain is 30-ish GB; how many copies of the blockchain are in existence, and need to be in existance, in order to make sure the transactions in the block chain are secure?

I don't know. I personally think the current nodes are more than enough, but I don't have any basis for that claim.
You really think <7000 nodes is more than enough?

I don't.
The more, the better.
With a couple of million users we should see some more than just a couple of thousand full nodes.

Sad enough that there's only one single entity (that i know of), which is BitNodes, creating an incentive for people to run full-nodes.
Hopefully others will follow that example and create (donation supported) full node incentive lotteries like that.

iam pretty sure that this will happen.  Smiley

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

Supposing the blockchain is 30-ish GB; how many copies of the blockchain are in existence, and need to be in existance, in order to make sure the transactions in the block chain are secure?

I don't know. I personally think the current nodes are more than enough, but I don't have any basis for that claim.

I don't.
The more, the better.
With a couple of million users we should see some more than just a couple of thousand full nodes.

Sad enough that there's only one single entity (that i know of), which is BitNodes, creating an incentive for people to run full-nodes.
Hopefully others will follow that example and create (donation supported) full node incentive lotteries like that.

or mining farms will subsidize a distributed node network through some type of incentive program, because without robust node network......... miners are useless.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:52:40 PM

I don't.
The more, the better.

Eh I don't think so.

Anyone heavily involved financially in bitcoin would be brainlessly retarded to not run a full node.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: