Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:46:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Army  (Read 3415 times)
Seldoon182 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:29:13 AM

Hows about a decentralized army which instead of regular armies could protect their baker using the Darkleaks back-end code (www.darkleaks.com)?

People would pledge a small amount of bitcoin to claim a protection for an irregular army. This would ampute more power from governments who are illegitimate imao.

What do you think? Discuss.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:31:04 AM

Hows about a decentralized army which instead of regular armies could protect their baker using the Darkleaks back-end code (www.darkleaks.com)?

People would pledge a small amount of bitcoin to claim a protection for an irregular army. This would ampute more power from governments who are illegitimate imao.

I really haven't got a clue what you mean exactly, maybe some enlightenment Smiley I can't be the only one thinking, uuuuuhm what?

zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:34:34 AM

OP is proposing a network of mercenaries who accepts bitcoin as payment. I think mercs prefer hard cash.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:09:20 AM

OP is proposing a network of mercenaries who accepts bitcoin as payment. I think mercs prefer hard cash.
Was about to say this as well. The term is mercenary.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:12:55 AM

why would they like cash more than bitcoin?
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:16:32 AM

However, OP should know that the service he is calling for is also already provided for cash by mafia thugs. I'm not sure they'll be willing to switch to BTC instead of fiat money.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:23:05 AM

I don't like this shortcut. I'm talking about a real irregular army. A crowdfunded army by people: giving the people the same power as governments.

By example the people from Homs (Syria) could create a decentralized army to protect themselves from Bachar's army and ISIS.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:23:49 AM

omg. so ppl who hoard btc at three digit prices will be able to command fuckin' armies! we can even command robot armies
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:29:26 AM

I don't like this shortcut. I'm talking about a real irregular army. A crowdfunded army by people: giving the people the same power as governments.

By example the people from Homs (Syria) could create a decentralized army to protect themselves from Bachar's army and ISIS.

mercenaries are paid armies that have no butt into others war. no matter who or how many people are funding them, if they are paid to go to war that's not theirs, they're called mercenaries.

I don't know what to call an army of citizen that's crowd funded by their own people tho..

do correct me if I'm wrong, however
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:32:22 AM

omg. so ppl who hoard btc at three digit prices will be able to command fuckin' armies! we can even command robot armies

I don't think so...

But maybe yes. I'm throwing this idea in the forum to discuss the possibilities and such. My thoughts are how to protect poor people from conflict using today's technologies.
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:35:34 AM

mercenaries are paid armies that have no butt into others war. no matter who or how many people are funding them, if they are paid to go to war that's not theirs, they're called mercenaries.

I don't know what to call an army of citizen that's crowd funded by their own people tho..

Can mercenaries drive aircraft, aircraft carrier and such?
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:42:44 AM

Can mercenaries drive aircraft, aircraft carrier and such?

hmm. I don't know.
but look what I found. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/20/air-force-turning-to-supersonic-mercenaries.html

takes a pilot to teach a pilot. don't know if they have an actual aircraft, tho.
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:48:40 AM

Well when I mention "decentralized army" I don't mean just the soldier. I'm talking about the whole stuff from equipment to vehicle, submarine and so on.

Maybe there's a better way to protect people from war than imitating the obsolete current system using bitcoin.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:50:06 AM

decentralized army? Who will control such arm and what the purpose of this army?
I don't think there will have any decentralized army. Army should serve some country or people.
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:03:07 AM

decentralized army? Who will control such arm and what the purpose of this army?
I don't think there will have any decentralized army. Army should serve some country or people.

Yeah that's exaclty what I'm trying to figure out. My reflexion was about how to create a distributed autonomous army such as DAC, DAO using the block chain technology.

Also:

I don't think so...

But maybe yes. I'm throwing this idea in the forum to discuss the possibilities and such. My thoughts are how to protect poor people from conflict using today's technologies.
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:20:17 AM

takes a pilot to teach a pilot. don't know if they have an actual aircraft, tho.

But who has taught the initial pilot then?

Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:26:29 AM

why would they like cash more than bitcoin?
Nearly everyone does, because they can spend it on useful things.

I'd bring Bitcoin adoption into this, but I can't be bothered. Tongue
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:29:48 AM

But who has taught the initial pilot then?

Instructor+flying simulator and experience on the real one.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:47:23 AM

Such a decentralized army would extract all of your BTC and money first (at gunpoint) then they would move to the next city to carry on with them. Maybe they would side your enemy if that pays better. In the medieval Europe such things wasn't uncommon. Actually this is how the Swiss and later the Landsknecht mercenary industry started.

But I think a crowd funded army would be good for carving out some useful parts of failed third world states, or plundering others and establish a true bitcoin economy under the management of a CEO appointed by the shareholders Smiley.
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:53:36 AM

Who do you employ because you will end up providing a basement kids monthly/yearly scam, because you are not finding a legit mercenary team on the Dark. If you could how could they be trusted?

They work for the highest bidder so what if someone comes along and offers more in cold hard cash than people would like to pay?

Also it won't be decentralized will it every army or group going has a chain of command so it could never work.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: