Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2015 The Year?  (Read 14800 times)
Bobblehead Pete (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:46:29 PM

Will Bitcoin Bounceback This Year?
http://bitforum.info/t/will-bitcoin-bounceback-this-year/659

With last year's bitcoin roller coaster ride, do you think bitcoin has what it takes to bounce back?

Earlier this year, business after business and merchants after merchants are learning to accept bitcoin.
Do you think this is enough to turn the tides around?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:51:56 PM

Mmm... Maybe just bumb a little? Back around $300~$500?

Looking back at "cloud mining" and ponzis trends, that still would be the sidedown of bitcoin.
Atleast that mean more traders will accept bitcoin soon so I be able to buy more stuff then!

Let just hope Wink
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:57:05 PM

With last year's bitcoin roller coaster ride, do you think bitcoin has what it takes to bounce back?

Earlier this year, business after business and merchants after merchants are learning to accept bitcoin.

I think business accepting it is a good way for it to hit the mainstream because it informs more people about it. But for it to really hit the big time business need to be holding bitcoin and setting prices in bitcoin that don't fluctuate based on the exchange rate this will drive a more stable price. I know it might not seem like good business to do this but it is what is needed for it to be a stable and accepted currency. Is 2015 the year? I don't know that is for the community to decide if it is time.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:59:56 PM

I don't know anything about stock markets / investments / highs and lows / futures / whatever, but I have a feeling that by the time bitcoin stabilizes, it'll be significantly lower than most predictions. Maybe $100-200? It's hard for me to see 1BTC @ $50,000 USD (as I've read in the past from hopeful enthusiasts).

On the other hand, I could be wrong. Often am. Wink

Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:40:53 PM

This year is a year of venture capital money flowing in like crazy, just look at the facts. There are graphs that show this. 2015 is the year with the biggest pump in VC money so far.
Actual BTC price will be stable. This is the last year for us peasants to get as much BTC as possible while its affordable to buy entire units of BTC.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:54:11 PM

Just because merchants are starting to accept bitcoin doesn't mean the price will go up or the bitcoin adoption will increase.

This year is a year of venture capital money flowing in like crazy, just look at the facts. There are graphs that show this. 2015 is the year with the biggest pump in VC money so far.
Actual BTC price will be stable. This is the last year for us peasants to get as much BTC as possible while its affordable to buy entire units of BTC.

I think the same was sort of true in 2014 but did not lead to the rise in the price of bitcoin then. I would hope for a stable price than a pump.
bitcoinluv79

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:14:03 PM

I think it will rise in price quite a bit by the end of this year, but it will never reach the $1000 it once was.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:23:47 PM

Just because merchants are starting to accept bitcoin doesn't mean the price will go up or the bitcoin adoption will increase.

I think the same was sort of true in 2014 but did not lead to the rise in the price of bitcoin then. I would hope for a stable price than a pump.

The same was not quite true over the whole of 2014.  2014 saw lots of good news, but in terms of VC capital, 2015 looks to be off to a far stronger start.

http://www.coindesk.com/venture-capital-funding-bitcoin-startups-triples-2014/

2014, at $314 million, more than tripled what 2013 did.  

In 2015, we've already seen close to $200 million, and that was before the end of the first quarter.  The rate of money coming in this year is quite a bit faster.  There was a lot of positive news, but most of it was news suggesting things to come (and we still haven't seen them yet, but they're on the horizon) it wasn't enough to stem the tide of a necessary correction.

Also keep in mind 2014's price action was largely a downtrend as part of a correction from the crazy bubble that pushed BTC from $100 -> $1100.  The price was influenced very heavily by speculation, and it still is.

As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price, and then all of that news from 2014/early 2015, and VC money along with Wall Street stepping in will be quite ready for the next phase of the market.  Once there's little profit to be made from dumping and shorting, there's only one direction to go.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:26:13 PM

BTC RxIxP 2015 -

*You scammed all your loyal believers, you deserved that painful death you received, now rot in hell you bastard.*

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:27:32 PM

I think it will rise in price quite a bit by the end of this year, but it will never reach the $1000 it once was.

$1000 definitely won't happen this year. i don't even think next year. it will need to be a stable rise.
i think it will go to $400 at most. i'm already happy if we maintain $300 this year.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

$1000 definitely won't happen this year. i don't even think next year. it will need to be a stable rise.
i think it will go to $400 at most. i'm already happy if we maintain $300 this year.
At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board, the amount of new money that comes in won't just come in in a small and steady fashion. There'll be massive green candles coming and the price jumps will be huge. And, that's just the diagnosis w/o the remittances, e-commerce, precious metals holders coming in. It's most likely gonna blow the doors off this thing and be an incomprehensible rise that will make history going forward. People are so down in the dumps right now that they either forget what happens during bull markets or are new and can't conceive of such a situation happening.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:16:57 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board, the amount of new money that comes in won't just come in in a small and steady fashion. There'll be massive green candles coming and the price jumps will be huge. And, that's just the diagnosis w/o the remittances, e-commerce, precious metals holders coming in. It's most likely gonna blow the doors off this thing and be an incomprehensible rise that will make history going forward. People are so down in the dumps right now that they either forget what happens during bull markets or are new and can't conceive of such a situation happening.

Wait how do you know if an ETF is actually going to happen? Did the twins actually pull through with SEC? this conversation started back in 2012 when buttferfly labs was still a leading market for most asic miners.

I dont see the ETF being passed anytime soon, as for their other new exchanges to open, thats something actually more tangible since they blew like a couple million into it already.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:18:44 PM

2015 target: 17 777$ per bitcoin

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:36:20 PM

You are right, Chef. This market being so thinly traded that any sort of big move cuts like a hot knife through butter. There simply isn't enough liquidity on either side to stop it and big moves snowball as traders all pile on.

That said, we are more stable than 2013 because the the market has better price discovery mechanisms: futures, leveraged long/shorts, skilled traders to take on whales, and more liquidity. Bitcoin will only be "stable" relative to current capital markets in 5-10 years, when its market cap is much higher and has millions more in liquidity on either side of the orderbooks. At that point, we may be trading in bits.

Until then, strap in or get off the bus because it's going to be a bumpy ride both ways.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:44:26 PM

seems nice Cheesy and everyone becomes a millionaire
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:46:34 PM

seems nice Cheesy and everyone becomes a millionaire

You would only need 56.25246105 bitcoins to be a millionaire.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

maybe in the alternative universe...but it is OK to contemplate such things

with BTC at 17777, it's market cap would be ~259.5 bil (with ~14.6-14.7 coins by the end of the year) and implied market cap (based on 21 mil coin)-$373 bil-a size of Google or 1/2 of Apple.

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:01:48 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 10:23:14 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

The same was not quite true over the whole of 2014.  2014 saw lots of good news, but in terms of VC capital, 2015 looks to be off to a far stronger start.

http://www.coindesk.com/venture-capital-funding-bitcoin-startups-triples-2014/

2014, at $314 million, more than tripled what 2013 did.  

In 2015, we've already seen close to $200 million, and that was before the end of the first quarter.  The rate of money coming in this year is quite a bit faster.  There was a lot of positive news, but most of it was news suggesting things to come (and we still haven't seen them yet, but they're on the horizon) it wasn't enough to stem the tide of a necessary correction.

Also keep in mind 2014's price action was largely a downtrend as part of a correction from the crazy bubble that pushed BTC from $100 -> $1100.  The price was influenced very heavily by speculation, and it still is.

As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price, and then all of that news from 2014/early 2015, and VC money along with Wall Street stepping in will be quite ready for the next phase of the market.  Once there's little profit to be made from dumping and shorting, there's only one direction to go.
Sorry but it goes more like this:

"As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price"
^^^ Yes, and that price will be at low double/single digits, which will take a few years. By that time, everybody will be starting to adopt semi-centralised technologies that work in a similar way as the blockchain to move fiat currencies (like the IBM adept project or others), taking what's useful about this whole crypto movement (a distributed ledger to move any asset/currency around, and smart contracts ) and discarding the unusable bullshit (bitcoin).

(dumb) VC money in the bitcoin space (which is not a lot of money by the way) will suddenly realise that it has invested in a mini dotcom bubble that is collapsing. Everybody will look at bitcoin as the little volatile, irreversible, non scalable joke that nobody uses or needs aside from drug dealers, speculators, gamblers, and libertards.

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

I think bitcoin will end 2015 in green Smiley I personally think (and hope) that btc will see 500 USD again this year.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:58:06 PM

In the very early stage of Bitcoin, yes, it's still early, every year is THE year for Bitcoin.

It becomes stronger and stronger. As Chef Ramsay stated, we have to wait for wealthy investors who bring in fresh money.

They laugh at the current market cap of Bitcoin. Once they start investing heavily in Bitcoin we might all feel like we are early adopters, even if you bought today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: