Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2015 The Year?  (Read 14800 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

2015 is the year that will make Bitcoin even stronger then ever before.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:56:48 PM

2015 is the year that will make Bitcoin even stronger then ever before.
Indeed you only need to look at venture capital and new services appearning nonstop. The fact the masses hasn't caught on it yet reflects on the price, but its a matter of time.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:53:01 PM

I think it could very well be a year for the price to recover to a certain degree, but I haven't really made up my mind on whether we will achieve a new ATH. Chances of recovering to $1'000 aren't that bleak, though - in my opinion!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:30:54 AM

I am really hoping BTC will bounce back this year. No one can know for sure, but last year was pretty much bear the whole year. Hopefully this year wont be the same.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:57:58 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 10:17:03 AM by Amph

this year is a consolidation year for bitcoin, bitcoin will see a strong correction price and a new value will be established without the worry to return to the previous price, 230-250 seems already this value, is holding very good

i could see a steady and very slow rising from now
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:12:17 AM

2015 is buying and accumulation year. it may be boring, but the real fun will be next year.
Nonsense. Every year people say that. When is the 'buying and using year'. Bitcoin is not a investment, it is a currency.
OP I do not think that this is the year in which we will see the price surge that you expect. This year we will see a lot of development in the infrastructure.
We could potentially see a price surge in 2016 after the halving, or once the ETF goes public. You never know.
Nonsense. Bitcoin may be seen as an asset, and in fact, it has been seen as an asset by most of it users so far.
It has been mostly driven by speculators so far, and thus, this year seems to be good year to accumulate coins cheaply, ahead of the bitcoin-positive events coming next year, i.e., halving event, ETF, etc.

this space is intentionally left blank
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 10:29:13 AM

Nonsense. Bitcoin may be seen as an asset, and in fact, it has been seen as an asset by most of it users so far.
It has been mostly driven by speculators so far, and thus, this year seems to be good year to accumulate coins cheaply, ahead of the bitcoin-positive events coming next year, i.e., halving event, ETF, etc.
That's not even contradicting it was rather supporting. A lot of people do see Bitcoin as an asset. It's mostly because of these 'got rich with Bitcoin' stories. That train is gone.
I'm not even surprised that we have had many people complaining. Don't get me wrong. I'm accumulating as well, but whenever I see something that I need that can be bought with Bitcoin I buy it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:37:26 AM

If I had a rice cooker, I could use it to make bread. Just because something is made with a certain purpose in mind, doesn't mean it has to be used for that purpose. It doesn't even necessarily have to remain as the primary purpose.

It's the same for bitcoin. If bitcoin was meant to be a currency, that doesn't mean it works best as a currency. Certainly it doesn't work very well right now, because the infrastructure is not there. I can possibly imagine a day when bitcoin will work well as a currency, but it is far behind fiat in pretty much every single way currently. There's no point having a fast international transfer confirmation when it can't really be used on the other side, or would take days to have it converted back to fiat at some cost.

There's no real point in forcing bitcoin to be a currency right now. It can do that when the infrastructure is more mature, and it gets better at doing that. For now, it is good as a speculative asset, and I think the key is to get people to recognize the potential of this technology, rather than to try to force them to subscribe to some political ideology.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:23:21 PM

I strongly believe we will (at least) experience the trend reversal this year, which - in my opinion - has already happened in January and it's confirmation happens as we speak!!!

EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:51:48 PM

The year is 2016 wihtout fbi dumps, with etf and halving
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:58:04 PM

The effect of ETF/Gemini et al. is greatly overestimated, in my opinion. It's not these things that bring no real benefit to the usability of bitcoins, that bring really no innovation to the field that will catapult bitcoin to mainstream.

Besides, we already know about these things.

What will really make bitcoin succeed are the projects we don't currently know about, projects we currently aren't paying attention to. Who knew that clash of clans will become so popular when it's really just a clone of so many other similar games? We don't really know when something will breakout like that. Or what it will be.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:54:19 PM

The effect of ETF/Gemini et al. is greatly overestimated, in my opinion. It's not these things that bring no real benefit to the usability of bitcoins, that bring really no innovation to the field that will catapult bitcoin to mainstream.

I think it'll blow our tits off.

I doubt finance professionals care remotely about the currency aspect, it's all about BTC as an asset class and there's nothing else quite like it out there.

If it arrives then it might well start a tidal wave of others looking to enter.

Not the original intention at all, probably an active perversion, but a very possible outcome.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:38:14 PM

If I had a rice cooker, I could use it to make bread. Just because something is made with a certain purpose in mind, doesn't mean it has to be used for that purpose. It doesn't even necessarily have to remain as the primary purpose.

It's the same for bitcoin. If bitcoin was meant to be a currency, that doesn't mean it works best as a currency. Certainly it doesn't work very well right now, because the infrastructure is not there. I can possibly imagine a day when bitcoin will work well as a currency, but it is far behind fiat in pretty much every single way currently. There's no point having a fast international transfer confirmation when it can't really be used on the other side, or would take days to have it converted back to fiat at some cost.

There's no real point in forcing bitcoin to be a currency right now. It can do that when the infrastructure is more mature, and it gets better at doing that. For now, it is good as a speculative asset, and I think the key is to get people to recognize the potential of this technology, rather than to try to force them to subscribe to some political ideology.
That is exactly my point. Bitcoin is a speculative asset for now, until it is not proven otherwise.
Meaning, whenever you feel there is more room to the upside, rather than to the downside, there will be speculators buying, hoping to sell it more expensive.
And I see 2015, as the year of potential good buys.

DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:48:47 PM

2013 was the year of Bitcoin.

i don't really agree, 2013 wasn't the first time where bitcoin went high, i recall 2011 was the same x20 increase in price

based on this one can suppose that basically every two years bitcoin go BOOM, so next one should be this year
Haha i like your theory

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:11:02 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board...
When the pros come in, it's to take money out, not put money in. Always remember, Bitcoin is zero-sum.

If you've been in the game for half an hour and don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.
Shibashi Nikamoto

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:01:15 AM

I doubt.

Things are so boring so far

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:49:26 PM

I doubt.

You never know. It might be the calm before the storm.

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:28:31 PM

I doubt.

You never know. It might be the calm before the storm.
Exactly, and usually the trend reversal events are long and boring. So far so good.
That is what we need to start a healthy leg up.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:43:24 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board...
When the pros come in, it's to take money out, not put money in. Always remember, Bitcoin is zero-sum.

If you've been in the game for half an hour and don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.

This quote is probably what most fear. But, reject it in our minds only because we all love to dream.

It is a zero sum game, based on who can inject money at anytime if they wished. Esp, people like ex jp morgan people makes tons of money, and making a secret mining company thats listed as a cucumber mining?

Search those words in the thread, and see what you find. It links back to a auction won on the silkroad coins etc which is a bit off-topic. But, this is just to give you a insight on whats going on.

These organizations create private facilities alone for the stock exchange, so they already been doing it with bitcoin.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:23:11 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 05:46:42 AM by marcus_of_augustus

It is a zero sum game,

It has already been discussed at length, Bitcoin is NOT a zero sum game (no monetary system is and it is a confusion banksters have used to dupe people out of value for centuries). Gains from comparative efficiency in properties (storage, transaction, security, etc) with respect to other forms of money and value increase by Metcalfe network value (network effect) are two main contributors, and there are others, dyodd.

Arm yourself with wisdom and knowledge or prepare to be taken advantage of.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: