Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:59:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:15:21 PM

I think by saving your money you limit it to grow even more in terms of value unless you add more amount of money. While in investing which I think will be a lot of help, specially investing to Bitcoin is something that doing both. By saving your money you get to let it grow in terms of value because Bitcoin's value grow over time. You need to know though when to sell and to buy Bitcoins or you might lose profit if you don't.
it is true, storing is the most appropriate way to keep your money and if you are a person who is afraid of risk and do not want to take part in the risks of investing, better keep it secure your money and keep collecting it,
but if you dare to take risks you can do some investment, there are some that you can use as an investment place such as investing in real estate, gold, land, or invest in bitcoin,
but to invest in bitcoin you must first learn and understand about bitcoin, so you really know about bitcoin
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:34:33 PM

I will choose both, we must always think bad things, for example if we just focus investing then we have a chance bankrupt so that do not have anything, saving is a good thing because it is very safe and can be taken anytime.
themughni

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:41:11 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

both, save  money for sudden need and invest money for long therm.If you want to get alot earn, you can invest in bitcoin today.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:37:46 AM

Invest money is certainly better than saving, nowadays there are many promising investment options, but we have to be vigilant because a lot of scam investment so often read and search for the source of information is the thing we should do before putting money into investment.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:18:58 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
Both thing is good. For me I will chose both of them because I think that they will give a good profit. If I we're given a chance to have a big or huge amount of money half of it I will invest in a bank knowing that there's a lot of good benefits when joining in it and half of my money I will invest in a online business like in bitcoin so that I have a lot of chances to have a profit.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:36:19 AM

Investing in bitcoins has the highest yield, but the risk is also the best.

The benefits of gold are generally very low.

Invest in real estate, that depends on your country's market, this is according to the government situation and development. If the country is in the developing world, investing in real estate would be a good choice.
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:24:40 AM

I prefer to invest a property like lands and also gold for it is very profitable,mostly every year the land and gold rate/price is increasing so the two will be a great investment.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:48:32 AM

better to invest in bitcoin, gold maybe more secure, but bitcoin has more potential to grow

saving money in the bank, will only mean losing them in the long-term with the current high inflation

for long therm is better invest bitcoin but for short therm I save in Banks.
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:27:57 AM

For me, save the 50% of your money while the other 50% invest it. Invest where ever you like but before you invest you have to check first everything about that thing, like this bitcoin, your decisions should be wise do not do any move with thinking of it hundred times. You have to be more strategic and knowledgeable.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:45:45 AM

Many new investors don't understand that saving money and investing money are entirely different things. They have different purposes, and play different roles, in your financial strategy and your balance sheet. Making sure you are clear on this fundamental concept before you begin your journey to building wealth and finding financial independence is vital because it can save you from a lot of heartache and stress.

I've witnessed firsthand, and spoken with many individuals, who lost everything despite having wonderful portfolios because they didn't appreciate the role of cash in their portfolio. Cash deserves respect. The goal of cash is not always to generate a return for you.

Perhaps the best place to start would be to spell out the differences between saving and investing for you, defining both concepts.

- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAVING AND INVESTING?
Saving - is putting money aside, bit by bit. You usually save up to pay for something specific, like a holiday, a deposit on a home, or to cover any emergencies that might crop up, like a broken boiler. Saving usually means putting your money into cash products, such as a savings account in a bank or building society.
Investing - is taking some of your money and trying to make it grow by buying things you think will increase in value. For example, you might invest in stocks, property, or shares in a fund.

- HOW MUCH SHOULD I SAVE VERSUS HOW MUCH SHOULD I INVEST?
Saving money should almost always come before investing money. Think of it as the foundation upon which your financial house is built.

The reason is simple. Unless you inherit a large amount of wealth, it is your savings that will provide you with the capital to feed your investments. If times get tough and you require cash, you'll likely be selling out your investments at the worst possible time. That is not a recipe for getting rich.

There are two primary types of savings programs you should include in your life. They are:

As a general rule, your savings should be sufficient to cover all of your personal expenses, including your mortgage, loan payments, insurance costs, utility bills, food, and clothing expenses for at least six months. That way, if you lose your job, you’ll be able to have sufficient time to adjust your life without the extreme pressure that comes from living paycheck to paycheck.
Any specific purpose in your life that will require a large amount of cash in five years or less should be savings-driven, not investment-driven. The stock market in the short-run can be extremely volatile, losing more than 50 percent of its value in a single year. Purchasing a home is a great example as we discussed in Best Places To Invest Your Down Payment Money.
Only after that these things are in place, and you have health insurance, should you begin investing (this really is vital — for more information on the reasons, read Investing in Health Insurance – One of the First Lines of Defense for Your Portfolio. The only possible exception is putting money into a 401(k) plan at work if your company matches your contributions. That’s because not only will you get a substantial tax break for putting money into your retirement account, but the matching funds basically represent free cash that is being handed to you on a silver tray and there are material bankruptcy protections in place for assets held within such an account should you be wiped out entirely.)

- MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SAVING MONEY
For more information about how you can begin saving money, read The Complete Beginner's Guide to Saving Money (https://www.thebalance.com/the-complete-beginner-s-guide-to-saving-money-358065). It is filled with articles, resources, essays, and lessons about how to save money, how to invest money, and how to get started on the road to wealth. It may seem daunting now, but every successful self-made person had to begin by earning money, spending less than they earned, taking those savings, and putting them to work in projects that threw off dividends, interest, and rents (https://www.thebalance.com/building-wealth-with-dividends-rents-357896). They are no better than you are. If you learn the same thing, and can act as rationally so as to manage your money with discipline, you can enjoy the rewards of success, just as they did. In the end, saving money comes down to simple math. It really is as fundamental as 2+2=4.

- WHO SHOULD SAVE?

1. Setting up an emergency fund

Everybody should do their best to build up an emergency savings fund.

The general rule is to have three months’ worth of living expenses saved up in an instant access savings account. This should include rent, food, school fees and any other essential outgoings.

Your emergency fund means you have some financial security if something goes wrong.

2. Keep saving

Now that you’ve got an emergency fund, it’s a good idea to save up at least 10% of your earnings each month (or as much as you can afford).

Set yourself savings goals and put away enough to buy what you want. This could be a house deposit, a wedding, or a trip.

You could also start to think about investing your money.

- WHEN SHOULDN’T YOU SAVE?
The only time you shouldn’t save, or invest is if there are more important things you need to do with your money.

For example, getting your debts under control.

- ARE YOU READY TO INVEST?
Whether or not it makes sense for you depends on your goals – specifically if they are long, short, or medium term.

+ Short-term goals - are things you plan to do within the next five years.
Medium-term goals - are things you plan to do within the next 5-10 years.
Longer-term goals - are ones where you’re won’t need the money for ten years or more.
Short-term goals

For your short-term goals, the general rule is to save into cash deposits, like bank accounts.

The stock market might go up or down in the short-term and if you invest for less than five years you might make a loss.

+ Medium-term goals

For the medium-term, cash deposits might sometimes be the best answer, but it depends on how much risk you’re willing to take with your money to achieve a greater return on your investment.

For example, if you’re planning to buy a property in seven years and you know you’ll need all your savings as a deposit and don’t want to risk your money, it might be safer to put your money into a savings account.

However, bear in mind that your savings will still be at risk from inflation.

This is where the interest you earn on your savings fails to keep up with the rate of inflation so the buying power of your money is reduced.

On the other hand, if your needs are more flexible, you might consider investing your money if you’re prepared to take some risk with your original capital to try and achieve a greater return on your investment than would be possible by saving alone.

+ Longer-term goals:
For longer-term goals, you may want to consider investing because inflation can seriously affect the value of cash savings over the medium and long-term.

The stock market tends to do better than cash over the long-term providing an opportunity for greater returns on any money invested over time.
You can lower the level of risk you take when you invest by spreading your money across different types of investments. This is called diversification.

- GETTING ADVICE

When investing it is a good idea to consider if you would benefit from professional advice from a regulated independent financial adviser.

- A LOOK AT SOME GOALS – SAVE OR INVEST?

Goal                                            Situation and timescale                                                                                                            Save or invest?
Buy a new car                            Your old car is ready to give up the ghost – you need a new one within a year.                                      Save

Put down a deposit on a house    You’d like to move in to your own home by the time you start a family – maybe in three years.              Save
Pay for your child’s wedding    Your child is still very young – probably at least 15 years away from getting married.                                Invest
                                                 Your child is older – a couple of years away from getting married.                                                              Save
Have a comfortable retirement     You’ve just turned 30, and you’d like to retire when you’re about 65 – 35 years in the future.              Invest

- SET YOUR SAVINGS GOALS
As you can see from the table above, you probably have quite a few financial goals.

They’ll all have different timescales, which means you might want to do some saving and some investing. That’s why it’s important to make a plan.
Konyox

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:47:57 AM

At this time, it think it is the perfect time to invest your money in something that is valuable such as Bitcoin or Gold. I think the best option for now would be to invest in Bitcoin now that the next halving will be probably next year and this will result in an increase in price. If you invest your money in Bitcoin now, you'll be happy to know you did so by maximizing your profits. Just my opinion  Grin
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:06:21 AM

If a chance to take profit is more important for you that minimizing risk of losing, you can invest. Otherwise you should simply save money. There isn't a general tip for all.
themughni

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:31:25 AM

i like both, saving in banks, investing bitcoin and real estate
Marina17

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:33:35 AM

Money is always better to invest, then it will make a profit. If you are afraid to take risks, just keep in the bank, but so you will never get rich.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:46:12 AM

In my opinion the best thing to invest your money in crypto like all the things are advanced so it is also a good way to invest your money and for the other things like to invest in the crypto and it is better to invest your money in bitcoin the money value is devaluing  regularly so it is good to utilize your money but use your skills and talent in investment then you will get profit over this investment.

Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:48:06 AM

Im going to invest it in bitcoin because i know bitcoin is trusted investment. I will not invest it in other online because there are many scam in online world. I want it to invest because i want to earn more for my daughter and also for the needs of my family.
therozaq

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

I like both, save money in banks for sudden needs and investing in real estate.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:37:41 AM

When you save your money on a bank the profit is very low, better invest it in ICO or buy bitcoin because as the time passes your money will be tripled, sometimes it will grow up into five times. Bitcoin is the nicest investment nowadays.
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:55:41 AM

When you save your money on a bank the profit is very low, better invest it in ICO or buy bitcoin because as the time passes your money will be tripled, sometimes it will grow up into five times. Bitcoin is the nicest investment nowadays.

If you have enough funds then you invest in bitcoin. Compare to other online business bitcoin is more profitable. When the peice of bitcoin is low you can invest in it and hold it for long time. If you invest in bank the profit is very low compare to bitcoin. If you save the money the money qill be remain same as it is. At the same time if you invest you can get bigger profit.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:56:43 AM

I like the words of B.Franklin on this topic:
"Remember that money by nature is fertile and capable of generating new money. Money can give birth to money, their offspring can breed even more and so on. Five shillings, put into circulation, give six, and if these are put into circulation, there will be seven shillings three pence, and so on, until you get a hundred pounds. The more money you have, the more they generate in circulation, so that profits grow faster and faster. The one who kills the pregnant pig, destroys all of its offspring to the thousandth of its members. The one who extorts one coin of five shillings, kills everything that it could produce: whole pillars of pounds."
Pages: « 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 [701] 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: