Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:56:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will fail, here's why  (Read 2524 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:20:18 AM

Has Satoshi been quietly spending coins on a wonderful space ark filled with presents and kittens to spirit us away? I guess all will be revealed very shortly. Good luck, everyone.
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:24:38 AM

Lol,I actually thought this was a serious thread. Roll Eyes

We can turn it onto one if you'd like  Undecided

Along the lines of the apparent theme of this thread: does anyone know what impact a serious natural disaster would actually have on the economics of bitcoin?

If said natural disaster had a widespread effect on the internet or the power supply for the internet then there would not be a bitcoin economy until it were restored.However I would venture to say that any such widespread natural disaster that were to take down the internet or powergrid would mean that the last thing on anyones mind would be how the BTC price is doing....

People profit from bad things all the time. If a significant portion of the network were to have addresses and keys that were in-effect put into indefinite storage, lost, destroyed, etc, and the internet were still accessible, would that cause a significant valuation against whatever fiat currency were the most affected negatively by a near end-of-the-world event?  Cheesy

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:28:46 AM

Actually I've missed one of these threads. It has been a while since I've seen one. This asteroid is going to skim the Earth's atmosphere, it's not going at us directly. Even if it was going at us directly, it would destroy about a single country. This is why decentralization rocks and survives this.
Such an event is not dangerous for Bitcoin as long as the asteroid doesn't wipe almost everyone on the planet, but then it won't matter anyway.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:33:12 AM

Actually I've missed one of these threads. It has been a while since I've seen one. This asteroid is going to skim the Earth's atmosphere, it's not going at us directly. Even if it was going at us directly, it would destroy about a single country. This is why decentralization rocks and survives this.
Such an event is not dangerous for Bitcoin as long as the asteroid doesn't wipe almost everyone on the planet, but then it won't matter anyway.

This asteroid is coming no where near Earth - it's closest approach is 11x the distance to the moon.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/asteroid-2014-yb35-will-not-skimming-earth-for-terrifying-encounter/48073/

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:47:01 AM

In that scenario even nobody would want gold lying on the floor so why blame it on bitcoin for that matter. I imagine it would be chaotic and In that last final moment people would be thinking of doing other important things than checking their wealth.

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:50:11 AM

why is the OP not banned yet?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 09:54:57 AM

This asteroid is coming no where near Earth - it's closest approach is 11x the distance to the moon.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/asteroid-2014-yb35-will-not-skimming-earth-for-terrifying-encounter/48073/
So I guess the media has done it again. I can't believe it. While I was prepping early in the morning I quickly searched the internet for the article. Turns out that I've encountered fake news.
So we're completely safe after all.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:16:41 AM

because people are allowed to post nonsense stuff. if the thread quality is below a certain quality then a mod will probably delete it.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:46:06 AM

Tomorrow an astroid by the name ov: 2014-YB35 will hit the earth and all life as we know it will be obliterated.

It travels at 23,000 mph and the energy release is equivalent to 1500mt 30x more powerful than the tsar bomba hydrogen bomb.

You must prepare now.  Do wot ever it is you do and protect yourself if you can.

this ith the connel chicken signing off

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:10:37 PM

because people are allowed to post nonsense stuff. if the thread quality is below a certain quality then a mod will probably delete it.

+1

BS thread with no point should be removed and people who post his immediately banned.

theconnellschicken (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:39:00 PM

LOOK OUT YOU WINDOW I CAN SEE THE ASTROID NOW WITH ME BONOCONLOUS ITS LEAVING A STREAM OF WATER AND ITS PRETTY CLOSE ITS NEAR THE MOON JUST LOOK TO THE LEFT AND U SEE A WHITE MIST AHEAD

HOOOOOOLD ON TO YOUR HATS
OpenOcean

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:57:03 PM

Bitcoin will endure and be adopted by aliens.

Your argument is invalid.
Saw

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:11:30 AM

Lol,I actually thought this was a serious thread. Roll Eyes

We can turn it onto one if you'd like  Undecided

Along the lines of the apparent theme of this thread: does anyone know what impact a serious natural disaster would actually have on the economics of bitcoin?

If said natural disaster had a widespread effect on the internet or the power supply for the internet then there would not be a bitcoin economy until it were restored.However I would venture to say that any such widespread natural disaster that were to take down the internet or powergrid would mean that the last thing on anyones mind would be how the BTC price is doing....

People profit from bad things all the time. If a significant portion of the network were to have addresses and keys that were in-effect put into indefinite storage, lost, destroyed, etc, and the internet were still accessible, would that cause a significant valuation against whatever fiat currency were the most affected negatively by a near end-of-the-world event?  Cheesy
Saw

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:20:12 AM

I can get away with it Im a newb....lol

Anyway referring to the above.
 I suppose if all the pieces fell into place you could see an increase of use/valuation over said fiat.I don't think it would be likely to happen at this time.

I would point out the number of BTC holders who would stand to gain in such a scenario that were actually in the position to capitalize on said Fiat's demise.And also the per capita of BTC holders in said region would need to be high.Perhaps there are a significant number of holders in the US for example,however I know absolutely no one personally that currently holds or intends to hold BTC,most of the fellow Americans I meet don't even know what BTC is.And with that statement most Americans I have met would rather grab their bullets than their computer or harddrives if/when the dollar does collapse. Huh
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:42:06 AM

LOOK OUT YOU WINDOW I CAN SEE THE ASTROID NOW WITH ME BONOCONLOUS ITS LEAVING A STREAM OF WATER AND ITS PRETTY CLOSE ITS NEAR THE MOON JUST LOOK TO THE LEFT AND U SEE A WHITE MIST AHEAD

HOOOOOOLD ON TO YOUR HATS

I think it's clear by this post that this is a joke thread.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:06:20 PM

I think it's clear by this post that this is a joke thread.   Smiley

It's clear by the user. When was the last time theconnellschicken posted something reasonable?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: