Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:09:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my Starbucks Balance ($155 for $40)  (Read 1027 times)
jsavusaf (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:32:40 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 04:00:53 AM by jsavusaf

I bought $200 for $50 on here. Got it for my (now ex) girlfriend last week. Still have $155 left. Will sell for $40. PM if interested. Want to sell fast need the money. This is coming from my personal giftcard. Gave the bitch 50 and we broke up, and I don't go to Starbucks.

http://i.gyazo.com/16d4d92b92c00921b2557ab525569cab.png
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:49:29 AM

is it 200$ for 40$ or 155$ for 40$ ur title say 200$
jsavusaf (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:01:23 AM

I apologize. It is 155 for $40. I originally had $200 but now only have $155.
chri521

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:49:31 AM

I apologize. It is 155 for $40. I originally had $200 but now only have $155.

The problem you'll face is that since you bought it here you're competing against the wholesale price + the possibility that the card dies shortly.

Good luck though and at least you're not back on the market without a horrible ex!

jsavusaf (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:58:17 AM

I can do a little cheaper. It won't be taken because I transfered it to my own physical card. I can guarentee it won't.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

I can do a little cheaper. It won't be taken because I transfered it to my own physical card. I can guarentee it won't.
unfortunally that means nothing.  starbuck easily follows transfer and can close card even when transfer.  i will offer u $25. u send code first than i pay.  i bought too many bad cards here so far.
jsavusaf (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:22:17 PM

I'll do 25 but I can't go first. I was already burned once. I can prove I have the balance.
chri521

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:22:52 PM

I'll do 25 but I can't go first. I was already burned once. I can prove I have the balance.

No offense but as a newer person to the board plus the fact that if you bought that balance here, that amount can go poof at anytime makes it tough.
Even though getting customer service from these 2 pump chump accounts can be tough, at least there'd be a chance to get a new card. With your case if that amount vanishes, it's unrecoverable.
MisteredF

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:41:11 PM

No one is questioning the balance and $25 is a very good price but previous 2 posters are correct.  Your card is already 2nd hand.  Starbucks DOES track transfers of balances which is the main cause of cards getting shut down like falling dominoes.  These are like credit cards and all activity can be "followed."  Usually if  you make it past 3 weeks you're good forever (I have a couple that go back to last summer I got that are still good).  I had one that I stupidly added to an existing real card I got as a gift and they shut it down.  I lost my real balance + card I got here.  That plus the original seller from here (BRINER) disappeared so it was a loss.  Win some, lose some.  
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:57:41 AM

check ur PM
chri521

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:52:44 PM

Were you able to sell this to anyone and successfully transfer it?

Assuming you bought some of this balance from sofia?
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:31:53 PM

im trying to by using escrow.  seller agreed but im trying to find an escrow person.  i email one yesterday devthedev but got no reply yet.  who is good escrow person? 
chri521

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

im trying to by using escrow.  seller agreed but im trying to find an escrow person.  i email one yesterday devthedev but got no reply yet.  who is good escrow person? 

Was able to dig up this list of known escrow accounts online. I've bookmarked it suggest you do so also, seems pretty darn useful!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0
coinbay

Activity: 50
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:20:56 PM

hey guys, just a short note... I had purchased a starbucks card in the past, and I got ripped(NOT BY THIS SELLER). To increase security for yourself, you can buy the balance, go to a store and buy a physical card with the balance on the one you purchased online. If you got ripped, starbucks will ban the card your balance got transferred to when you purchased it and all cards that you moved balance to online. however they dont ban physical cards you bought in a store with the balance you purchased online.

I'm not trying to advise people on doing stuff here, but being a victim once in my life I just wanted to share that information, because even if someone is trying to scam here, that gives the buyer a little protection from losses...
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:00:41 PM

hey guys, just a short note... I had purchased a starbucks card in the past, and I got ripped(NOT BY THIS SELLER). To increase security for yourself, you can buy the balance, go to a store and buy a physical card with the balance on the one you purchased online. If you got ripped, starbucks will ban the card your balance got transferred to when you purchased it and all cards that you moved balance to online. however they dont ban physical cards you bought in a store with the balance you purchased online.

I'm not trying to advise people on doing stuff here, but being a victim once in my life I just wanted to share that information, because even if someone is trying to scam here, that gives the buyer a little protection from losses...

not true! i lost 200$ shortly after i transfered 200$ egift bal from an online purchase to 2 new 100$ physical card at starbucks store around xmas. i went to use card in store 2 weeks later and it was closed and so was other.  they arent dumb they can track every transfer. i have 2 100$ closed cards in my draw i will sell u cheep!  Cheesy  if card stayed gud after transfer it will still have been gud on original gift.  cards were bought from seller here who is long disapeared.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:07:11 PM

im trying to by using escrow.  seller agreed but im trying to find an escrow person.  i email one yesterday devthedev but got no reply yet.  who is good escrow person?  

Was able to dig up this list of known escrow accounts online. I've bookmarked it suggest you do so also, seems pretty darn useful!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

thank u.  that is where i got devthedev from but i havent heard back from him after leaving private msg.  truth is i will stick with sophia because at least he has 2 week garantee.  this sale isnt safe even with escrow. for a few bucks more i am more safe and he has been around here many months. better with 35% of 100$ then 0% of 155$. Cheesy  sometime if it smells like a fish then it is fishy.  haha!  i will let someone else have this one.  ive been ripped too many times here on deals.  not saying this person is no good but no thanks. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: