Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheep Market owner arrested!  (Read 3736 times)
LouReed (OP)

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:51:18 PM

Karma's a bitch!

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/03/27/breaking-sheep-marketplace-owner-arrested/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:02:11 PM

Wow!  Shocked

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:06:01 PM

Finally, someone gets arrested for running a scam. He definitely deserved this. Hopefully more bad guys will be caught in the future.
Just look at Karpeles, still a free man.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

lol look at the photo of them together. his right arm....
poor girl must be shocked when she learned that the guy scammed a lot of people.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:08:29 PM

lol look at the photo of them together. his right arm....
poor girl must be shocked when she learned that the guy scammed a lot of people.

I saw that and was like omg just imagine!

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:10:59 PM

I don't know what the sheep market was, I assume it was a silk road type thing. Have the government got a load of bitcoins from there? How big was the market in comparison to evolution?
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:12:05 PM

I don't know what the sheep market was, I assume it was a silk road type thing. Have the government got a load of bitcoins from there? How big was the market in comparison to evolution?

He was the owner of the Dark Net scam . Seems he has only been arrested for Money laundering for now. How much is the usual punishment for that ?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:15:05 PM

Finally a good news for the bitcoin community, I hope they will put him in the jail for a long time (looooong). 40 mln of dollars is an huge sum of money, and finally he was caught after ~2 years.

Finally, someone gets arrested for running a scam. He definitely deserved this. Hopefully more bad guys will be caught in the future.

karpeles will never go to the jail, also if he has lost 850k bitcoin (more than 40 mln of dollars  Roll Eyes).
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:16:25 PM

He was the owner of the Dark Net scam . Seems he has only been arrested for Money laundering for now. How much is the usual punishment for that ?

well, seeing as he didn't continue his illegal activities, maybe fifteen years max and a lot of fine.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:09:51 PM

I do not know the exact details of the Karpeles case, but I think it's safe to say that he will not go to jail at this point, he somehow got away with the whole thing.
albert11

Activity: 679

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:11:55 PM

I do not know the exact details of the Karpeles case, but I think it's safe to say that he will not go to jail at this point, he somehow got away with the whole thing.

has anyone tracked the blockchain to see where MTgOX coins have gone?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:16:42 PM

I'm surprised that nobody tried to hire a hitman and shoot the guy.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:22:34 PM

I believe this is the latest article regarding MtGox and their coins moving through blockchain. http://www.coindesk.com/gox-money-moving-through-block-chain/
Apparently since that time there wasn't any changes.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:37:48 PM

He could have made the same amount of money if he just kept running the site honestly for the next 20 years. I guess fast money is too tempting, and he thought he could get away with it.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:59:45 PM

I believe this is the latest article regarding MtGox and their coins moving through blockchain. http://www.coindesk.com/gox-money-moving-through-block-chain/
Apparently since that time there wasn't any changes.

I doubt he's going to dump them soon. it hasn't been 3 years since the incident and I'm sure he have a lot of money left.
silex3e4

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:00:12 PM

Drug vendors are not violent in nature, especially those on the darknet who can operate more safely, drugs don't create crime it's the illegality of drugs that creates it.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:03:16 PM

Drug vendors are not violent in nature, especially those on the darknet who can operate more safely, drugs don't create crime it's the illegality of drugs that creates it.

I wasn't talking anything about drugs dealer, dude. I was talking about the Mtgox owner
silex3e4

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:11:23 PM

I wasn't talking anything about drugs dealer, dude. I was talking about the Mtgox owner

My bad, didn't read the whole thread thought you were talking about sheep market.
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:56:15 PM

I imagine being that fat,picking up the soap is going to hurt.........a lot  Grin
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:44:50 PM

Wonderful, leave it up to the Czechs to do what the Japanese and others failed to do. Glad to see this jerkoff got what was coming to him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: